Wrongfull termination

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Do what my center manager does. Secretly record the whole thing BUT, scribble notes like you've had 6 triple lattes so you can pretend to "refer to your notes" if the need for an exact quote should arise.

brownsac

What do you do when UNION and grievance procedure fails you??? Get a lawyer and keep fighting! I refuse to give up my dignity for this filthy company. We sacrifice way too much of our lives to be treated like sh-- in return. All the money in the world would never be enough to replace the dinners I have missed with my family or the activities with my kids. And I truly have pitty for those that think otherwise.

• Your father has been a man who acted according to his beliefs and certainly has been faithful to his convictions.
  • Grow up as good revolutionaries. Study hard to be able to dominate the techniques that permit the domination of nature. Remember that the Revolution is what is important and that each of us, on our own, is worthless.
  • Above all, try always to be able to feel deeply any injustice committed against any person in any part of the world. It is the most beautiful quality of a revolutionary.
  • Until always, little children. I still hope to see you again. A really big kiss and a hug from Papa.
  • Quotes of Ernesto Che Guevara

What do you do when UNION and grievance procedure fails you??? Get a lawyer and keep fighting! I refuse to give up my dignity for this filthy company. We sacrifice way too much of our lives to be treated like sh-- in return. All the money in the world would never be enough to replace the dinners I have missed with my family or the activities with my kids. And I truly have pitty for those that think otherwise.
  • Your father has been a man who acted according to his beliefs and certainly has been faithful to his convictions.
  • Grow up as good revolutionaries. Study hard to be able to dominate the techniques that permit the domination of nature. Remember that the Revolution is what is important and that each of us, on our own, is worthless.
  • Above all, try always to be able to feel deeply any injustice committed against any person in any part of the world. It is the most beautiful quality of a revolutionary.
  • Until always, little children. I still hope to see you again. A really big kiss and a hug from Papa.
  • Quotes of Ernesto Che Guevara

Study the enemy and learn to pick your battles. Admiral Bull Halsey

CharleyHustle

my numbers have ALWAYS been stellar (more often than not I run scratch on routes) and have an excellent customer service history

If you are able to "run scratch" for UPS, you are certainly able to find a job elsewhere. You certainly have what it takes to go to school and get good grades and get an even better job than what UPS offers. What you failed to realize is that this isn't rocket science. What UPS offers is top of the industry pay and benefits in exchange for sub-par working conditions and managers who get in your face and demand as much as you got. You got no support because most hourly at UPS can handle the tradeoff, and so they don't make waves or they "pick their battles wisely". They don't want to join Che's revolution. Sorry you wasted 13 years of your life at a place you hate.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

• Seems like a wish come true. Why fight for something you say you don't want?

brownsac

Dont get me wrong I love my Teamster brothers, consider many of them extended family. I have 8 actual blood relatives that work in the building. The problem I find is that most are too afraid to file grievances or even speak up for themselves. The fact is if more of us were willing to file we wouldnt have the problems we have with the company. If I dont end up getting my position back I most definitely will be fine. I have the backing of an amazing wife and family that will support my transition into a new career. I owe it to them to stand by my morals and not let this blood sucking company strip me of my self respect or dignity. Good luck and god bless all of you. I will check in periodicaly.

The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Dont get me wrong I love my Teamster brothers, consider many of them extended family. I have 8 actual blood relatives that work in the building. The problem I find is that most are too afraid to file grievances or even speak up for themselves. The fact is if more of us were willing to file we wouldnt have the problems we have with the company. If I dont end up getting my position back I most definitely will be fine. I have the backing of an amazing wife and family that will support my transition into a new career. I owe it to them to stand by my morals and not let this blood sucking company strip me of my self respect or dignity. Good luck and god bless all of you. I will check in periodicaly.

The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Good luck to you, job market is wide open in California. Remember to use UPS in your next career.

Sincerely UPS.

C

chuchu

UPS has clear signs on its property that states that RECORDING devices are NOT ALLOWED on property. Recording of any kind, visual and audio. When you began your recording, you did not have all parties permission and if you are in California, you BROKE THE LAW.

Plain and simple.

One poster said it best, Pick your battles wisely. You apparently chose to die on the hill with your recording device.

Good luck in arbitration.

Peace.
:dissapointed: In the State of Ohio it is NOT unlawful to record your conversation with (1) one person even if they don't know it being done. It IS unlawful to record a conversation between two other people who do not know they are being recorded. And NO, there aren't any signs posted ANYWHERE on UPS property (where I work) about video recording, taking pictures and/or recording anything on company property. FMLA info isn't even posted where it is federally mandated to be (plainly in sight, in multiple locations where all employees traffic) much less the company rules prohibiting all those things afore mentioned that may encrimidate UPS and give all our secrets to the Russians and Chinese.:whiteflag:

thessalonian13

UPS has clear signs on its property that states that RECORDING devices are NOT ALLOWED on property. Recording of any kind, visual and audio. When you began your recording, you did not have all parties permission and if you are in California, you BROKE THE LAW.

Plain and simple.

One poster said it best, Pick your battles wisely. You apparently chose to die on the hill with your recording device.

Good luck in arbitration.

Peace.
I have NEVER seen a sign or poster about the use of recording devices.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
\
Not arguing with you, but upon walking into our hub, the sign says "This facility is monitored by cameras and surveillance (sp)". I think there is a definite moral issue if the company insists on recording people and oversupervising from video evidence (I personally was harassed about work pace issues from supervisors sitting in an office watching me on camera, for ex), but the company does not allow employees to document the very same environ.

ESPECIALLY when it was announced the conversation was being recorded, there were no privacy policies breached in my eyes.

The real problem here is not whether it is illegal to record or if any privacy issues where infringed upon. The real problem is the refusal to do what your BOSS told you to do. No where in the contract does it say you have the right to do what ever the heck you wanna do with total disregard for instructions. The only time you have the right to refuse a direct instruction is if it is illegal, immoral or unsafe. You ever heard the phrase "do it now and grieve later"? If you get your job back it will be after a long, long wait and no back pay. UPS likes to make examples of people that think they are above the law.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Re: Wrongfully termination

After 13 years with the company, 7 on road

You have been there long enough to know how better.

I explained that if there was an issue that she needed to address with me I would require that a shop Steward be present at all times.

This is where you should have stopped, the reason for shop stewards is to witness managements actions and record them into record, on paper, for future meetings, as well as protect your contractual rights.

I then said that I felt it necessary to record any such meetings.

You think it was a coincidence that you were in the office the day after you told them you were going to record them? They set you up and you fell strait in the trap, that you yourself laid the groundwork for.

I believe you are a good man and a good member, however I think you made a very bad decision in refusing the instructions of the center manager. I think you may have a chance to get your job back after a couple months suspension time, but not if you go into the hearings telling them how it's going to work. I think you should be humble and apologetic for the refusal to obey the instructions while still (humbly) explaining the reasons for your wanting to record the meetings. You will need to be somewhat specific and you better have some damn good reasons. It better be more than I was being harassed. Not saying you were not being harassed but panel members are sick of every Jo blow coming in saying they were being harassed. Tell your story with the facts. Keep your emotions out of it and be grateful to the men on the panel for the opportunity to explain your position and the ability to continue your employment. You also need to make sure they understand that you know it was wrong to disregard the center manager's instructions and will not do it again.

Not saying to give up your dignity, but you may have to swallow your pride a bit to get another chance.

brownsac

I am sincerely humbled! I often feel that I am the only man on a soap box screaming about injustice, there is so much of it. I wish there were more STEWARD'S like you.