Wrote a song inspired by my years at UPS. I think many of you will relate. :)

Songwritersoul

Hi everyone,

My name is Steven W. I'm a driver out of Tualatin, Or and have been with UPS for 27 long years. Overall, I'm very grateful for this job as it pays well and has great benefits, but like probably all of us, there have been chunks of time in our careers where we were slightly less than happy with our jobs. :) About 10 years ago, when I was pretty unhappy with the constant overloads and being reminded of over allowed hours on a daily basis, I was inspired to write a song. I originally had this idea based off of the Married with children character Al Bundy, but because I was hating my job so much at the time, it became a blend of Al Bundy and my life. I finally recorded it with my first complete album that I just finished and wanted to share it with other UPS'ers because I think many of you will relate and maybe get a laugh out of it.
The song is titled, "Livin' the dream" and you can listen to it here:

{Deleted by cheryl. Please don't post personally identifiable info here.}

I hope you like it!!

cheers,
Steve

Songwritersoul

Thanks for the tip, but I don't think I will come here much to vent about UPS etc. I do enough bitching at work and usually have it out of my system by the time I get home. :)

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thanks for the tip, but I don't think I will come here much to vent about UPS etc. I do enough bitching at work and usually have it out of my system by the time I get home. :)
Seriously. Please do not use your real name as your user name. CHANGE IT. I realize you want to promote your music which also violates our house rules about self promotion but I do get what you are doing so please change your username and post music from an anonymous source that doesn't include your full name.

From our house rules:
You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms/

rod

Retired 22 years
If you have been there for 27 years you should know enough to keep your identity a secret. Expect to be called into the office any day now to explain your song.

Box Ox

1241147.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Dude, there are plenty of UPS songs:

Dust In the Wind
The Impossible Dream
Another One Bites The Dust...
the list goes on...

clean hairy

Sir?
This is Cheryl's House, and all are welcome as long as they follow the rules.
You have been asked by Cheryl and advised by others to comply with the rules, and you have refused.
I personally have no regard for a person who comes in and disrespects others in the manner you have.
Have a nice life, sir.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Instant song lyrics:

Runner gunner all day
Gettin' no sleep at night
Worryin' bout stops yet to come
There's no end in sight
No no no lunch for me
Gotta' heavy load you see

I'm a runner gunner runner gunner

watdaflock?

Make a bunch of "weird Al//Rodney Carrington" type songs related to UPS. Sell them as cds and all of the yahoo rednecks around here will buy them ASAP.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I would rather choke myself to death than hear a song about UPS. But thats just me and i am a jerk.