Wrote my PC up today....

Cementups

Box Monkey
and the mechanic was pissed. I physically went and handed it to him so I could apologize to him for writing up so much stuff and answer any questions he may have. I get along pretty well with our mechanics. This wasn't my regular package car so someone dropped the ball on previously writing stuff up (cover drivers). Blinkers stopped working, there was a loud knock from under the accelerator when making turns (spring bushings), and the top of the shifter kept popping off (no big deal there). Well he was pissed cause I was writing all this up. I told him he could have fixed smaller problems ahead of time if other drivers would actually write stuff up and beign a FT driver I actually care a little about the cars I drive. What was I thinking expecting him to do the job he was hired for???:biting: Thank goodness he doesn't work on my regualr mechanic. My mechanic acutually will ask me on a weekly basis how everything is with my ride, no matter how big or small. I have a newer P7 and he wants to keep it that way.

Just a rant, sorry.

PorkChop Express

Service Provider
My truck was leaving a puddle of oil every stop for about six months...then it was fixed. Now it leaks fuel at every stop! Guess it will be another six months. I write up the truck for leaking everyday and it just gets ignored. I thought "brown" was supposed to be "green"??? Thats what I read in
"Inside UPS"
...(i think that magazine is good for a laugh) Well that must be in the fancy centers....not the little cracker box centers in rural america. That is where they save money!

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm with Cement. Whenever my car comes off the line for PMI and I get someone elses I'm amazed at all the thing that are wrong with it. I write everything up on mine and my mechanic takes good care of me. Mechanics are no different than any other workforce. Some good some bad.

drewed

Shankman
I havent dealt with the UPS mechanics that much but in the shops i worked in a couple pizzas every now and then for the shop would more then pay off in getting stuff done quickly

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wrote my PC up too and man was the PC technician pi$$ed! The hard drive is making a funny noise and it is slow to load up applications. Don't know if it needs more memory or a new hard drive. Mouse was making a clicking noise if I moved it too fast...probably a stripped gear.

OK...that's the most I can make up.
Just a spam, sorry. :wink2:

Last edited:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
In my first week, the red lenses were not on the PC at the rear of the car, as in all of them were missing. I of course thought it was some type of test to make sure I did my pre-trip, so I wrote 'em up.

Long story short, It was not a test of my pre-trip abilities, and as another poster stated, I won't write anything up again unless the damn thing is on fire.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Wrote my PC up too and man was the PC technician pi$! The hard drive is making a funny noise and it is slow to load up applications. Don't know if it needs more memory or a new hard drive. Mouse was making a clicking noise if I moved it too fast...probably a stripped gear.

OK...that's the most I can make up.
Just a spam, sorry. :wink2:

Lobbed it up there and you hit it!

drewed

Shankman
BBAG
when you get rear ended and the other driver says you werent breaking.............lets see how much wiggle room you get with doing a pre trip again

BrownSuit

Mechanics are no different than any other workforce. Some good some bad.

This is very true. Everybody at UPS has a "customer" and are a Service Provider of some kind.

In the case of the mechanics, their customers are internal, they are the drivers and their PC's.

Just like you might have a driver that is unhappy with a customer, you have a mechanic that is unhappy with a customer.

So the lesson to be learned is the Golden Rule, Treat others as you would expect to be treated.

New Englander

My truck was leaving a puddle of oil every stop for about six months...then it was fixed. Now it leaks fuel at every stop! Guess it will be another six months. I write up the truck for leaking everyday and it just gets ignored. I thought "brown" was supposed to be "green"??? Thats what I read in
"Inside UPS"
...(i think that magazine is good for a laugh) Well that must be in the fancy centers....not the little cracker box centers in rural america. That is where they save money!

Easy fix - have one of your customers call in a concern about leaking fuel/oil in their parking area!

New Englander

In my first week, the red lenses were not on the PC at the rear of the car, as in all of them were missing. I of course thought it was some type of test to make sure I did my pre-trip, so I wrote 'em up.

Long story short, It was not a test of my pre-trip abilities, and as another poster stated, I won't write anything up again unless the damn thing is on fire.

Good idea!:smart: I always bring it up to the attention of my supervisor first thing in the AM if something should have been written up and wasn't I write it up as an AM write up and make them initial it as well.

barnyard

KTM rider
My mechanic does a great job! Seriously.

I let him know about things that I think may need attention and he keeps my truck running very well.

The flip side of that coin is that I do what they (the mechanics) ask me to do. A while back, they asked that everyone start in lo or 1st. The new clutch paks are not as long lasting as the old one's and cannot take the abuse of 2nd gear starts.

He does what he can do and I do what I can do to make his job easier.

TB

Tony31yrs

My mechanic never minded me writing things up. It kept him busy and cut down on road calls which they hate to get. If you don't write up safety issues and another driver gets hurt, they would probably come after you. If you take a car out with an obvious safety problem, they could write you up for a bad pre-trip. I always hated when I got a car that someone didn't write up and it broke down on me-especially on a Friday or when I had to get in early.