Wtf

adhawk

My manager tells me to stick to p1 and mix in p2 plus we are getting shuttled out more freight what kind of disruption is that

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My manager tells me to stick to p1 and mix in p2 plus we are getting shuttled out more freight what kind of disruption is that
Your manager's an idiot, just like mine. He has no clue how to do your route. Use the better judgment which is yours. Not your fault the freight is late.

40+ years in existence and they still can't figure out how to get the freight on time. What a loser company.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yup.
I got an email from FDX today around 10AM telling me that since there were some thunderstorms around MEM that, too bad, no money back guarantee. It took them that long to get that email out to the public? A half hr. before P1 was due?

NICE.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yup.
I got an email from FDX today around 10AM telling me that since there were some thunderstorms around MEM that, too bad, no money back guarantee. It took them that long to get that email out to the public? A half hr. before P1 was due?

NICE.

Real professional. Every morning, management knows before the sort goes down whether or not Memphis has declared a National Service Disruption. This means two things:
1. No Money-Back Guarantee
2. Couriers can straightline

But, many managers won't communicate this, forcing couriers to go deliver P1 first, even though it makes no sense operationally because it's puts them even further behind. Also, Memphis seem to be increasingly making it up as they need to...as in "it's totally effed-up, so lets lie to the customers and say there was some "problem" that negates our time commitment".

They will stoop as low as necessary.

Slick silver

Sounds like I took a good week to take a vacation. I was wondering why I saw a our trucks out late tonight when I stopped by to check my schedule after I got off the plane.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a set schedule and are supposed to have 3 days notice on start time changes of 1 hour or more. The only time this may change is during weather emergencies.

El Morado Diablo

Real professional. Every morning, management knows before the sort goes down whether or not Memphis has declared a National Service Disruption. This means two things:
1. No Money-Back Guarantee
2. Couriers can straightline

Our SM said we don't use the word "straightline" anymore. We were told to deliver Apple, pharmacies, etc first yesterday. If we have to do this kind of nonsense during peak there will really be some late evenings.

El Morado Diablo

Mine said, "Service Disruption. You know what means". Sure do! Straightline!

My favorite phrase they use in situations like this is "We need to make sure we take care of the customer". They use it to justify the order of deliveries by importance: Apple --> Pharmacies --> Businesses --> Resi's, etc. The more hoops they add the harder it is to jump through.