WWJD

Leftinbuilding

I have an idea. How about you just do your job and collect your $70,000 a year. When you have a job that pays that well for that little skill, there has to be some sort of price tag. In this case, delivering in a less desirable area. You're most probably not going to get hurt or killed, well, not unless you act foolishly aggressive towards strangers...

Probably one of the stupidest posts I have read on this forum. I don't know who you think you are, but what you lack in intelligence you make up for in ignorance.

Upslady20

Tooner hang in there.. I know it is easy for all of us to give advice when we are not the ones facing your daily situation. But I think most of us.. not blue feel your stess and understand where you are coming from.. it makes me appreciate my route even more when I read your posts.. I hate the afternoon thunderstorms with killer lighting but I think I would rather dance in the rain then go in the neighborhoods you deliver to.. Keep after management they will do something.. have you ever called HR.. I don't recall reading anything where you have.. might have missed it.. they actually can be effective in a situation like this.. Good luck and I hope you have angels riding shotgun for you...

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Tooner, Will you Marry me? I love a woman who can take charge and stand up for herself!!!
wedding-ring.jpg

J

JonFrum

Regarding WWJD . . .

English-speakers wonder: What would Jesus do?

Hispanics wonder likewise, but pronounce the name: "Hey-zoose."

The ancient Greeks didn't have to wonder. They could ask their god directly, as he dwelt atop Mount Olympus. They called up to him: "Hey, Zeus."

Such a bunch of ancient wiseguy Greeks.

Mike Hawk

Are you sure?
I know a diabetic that is driving but the vehicle can't weigh more than 26000 GVW.

There was an incident last year in my town where a diabetic went into "sugar shock" while driving, basically his blood sugar plummeted too fast for him to react and eat something. He managed to stop his car in the middle of the road before loosing most of his consciousness. At this point his state was sort of like being really really drunk, had almost no control over his body movement and unable to speak or communicate. A lady saw him waving his arms out the window and called 911 thinking he had a gun in his hand. SWAT team showed up and a 2 hour standoff ensued. The cops tried to communicate but it obviously got nowhere, since he was moving a little they assumed he was not being cooperative. He eventually became fully unconscious and the police removed him from the car and got him into an ambulance, he was revived by a glucose shot at the hospital.
There are different types of diabetes, some more severe than others. If that were to happen to a driver on road people could easily die.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I'm sorry. I guess I am jealous of people who can drive, as I cannot due to my diabetes.

Blue, its too bad about your health issues, hard lot to deal with. I have a wife, daughter, and son all with serious sugar issues. And son no longer able to be under my insurance.

Please dont let jealousy eat you up inside. It will only hurt you personally.

Not everybody is cut out to be a UPS driver. But some of the best prospects will never get the chance to prove themselves. And that is a shame.

So you are dealt the cards you are dealt. How you play them is up to you.

Everything works toward the good, of those that believe. THat has helped get me through many tough times at brown.

Keep the faith, keep trying and dont ever quit!

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
"And the sins of the fathers will be visited upon the third and fourth generations."

I dont know what to say about Phil. I guess he is Gods payback to what I put my dad through.

A large part of it is not his fault though. He was a failure to thrive child to begin with, and his mom and dad didnt care a bit for him. By the time the state of Tennessee finally got invovled, he was 26 months old and a little over 9 pounds. Couldnt even roll himself over, not talking, or even trying, had not had human contact etc etc. After spending several months in ICU getting his health back, they put him into foster care, where we got him. Finally at the age of 8, they "allowed" us to addopt him.

Funny thing about childhood, during the early years (6-30 months) that is the time where you develop the ability to learn, store, and retrieve information. It is also a crutial time for development of fine motor skills with your hands etc. He missed out on all that. And has really had a hard time with developing personal relationships. Sequential, abstract thinking or recall are all problems he has been dealing with.

Tell him three things to do, and he might do one, and forget the others. And that one might not get done, if he ends up distracted.

As far as observing the surroundings, its a mixed bag. He can pick up on some of the smallest issues, and overlook the stop sign at the corner.

Ah fatherhood. Who thought it could be so much fun?

I have not killed him yet.........does that answer your question? :wink2:

d