Xmas Potluck. YUM!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We just had our Xmas potluck, which is an insult in and of itself because it is a potluck.The FedEx contribution to this "feast"? A Costco ham and a few cases of pop. We had 15 mins to wolf it down and then hit the sort. So, my guess is that FedEx spent around $75 to show us how much they care. Safeway cookies, some homemade dishes, and not much else. This is just another indicator of the low regard that Memphis has for us.

Think that the upper crust in MEM had a potluck? Sure, MT3 could bring the caviar, Dave could bring the filet mignon, and Fred could bring the Saltine crackers. My guess is that they had a lavish affair in some high-end hotel, catered by the best that they could find in Memphis (Corky's?). Suit and tie, bring the wife and kids, and enjoy an evening with fine food and drink.

There is such a huge gulf and disconnect between the haves and have-nots at this company, yet none of them seem to realize that we know it. It's as if it is invisible, which it clearly is not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am sure that they realize that there is a disconnect. I am not so sure that they care.

You are going to drive yourself crazy worrying about things that you have no control over.

franknitty

I am sure that they realize that there is a disconnect. I am not so sure that they care.

You are going to drive yourself crazy worrying about things that you have no control over.

Dear Mr. UpstateNYUPSer:

You sound like a DAMN FOOL ! You must must be one of those company guys who's been brainwashed, and rides around everyday in your truck with a 32GB micro SD Card under your tongue, with instructions telling you to kiss your management's ass everyday !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dear Mr. UpstateNYUPSer:

You sound like a DAMN FOOL ! You must must be one of those company guys who's been brainwashed, and rides around everyday in your truck with a 32GB micro SD Card under your tongue, with instructions telling you to kiss your management's ass everyday !

I guess the Brown Cafe maroon filter does not extend to the FedEx forum.

bbsam

Staff member
We just had our Xmas potluck, which is an insult in and of itself because it is a potluck.The FedEx contribution to this "feast"? A Costco ham and a few cases of pop. We had 15 mins to wolf it down and then hit the sort. So, my guess is that FedEx spent around $75 to show us how much they care. Safeway cookies, some homemade dishes, and not much else. This is just another indicator of the low regard that Memphis has for us.

Think that the upper crust in MEM had a potluck? Sure, MT3 could bring the caviar, Dave could bring the filet mignon, and Fred could bring the Saltine crackers. My guess is that they had a lavish affair in some high-end hotel, catered by the best that they could find in Memphis (Corky's?). Suit and tie, bring the wife and kids, and enjoy an evening with fine food and drink.

There is such a huge gulf and disconnect between the haves and have-nots at this company, yet none of them seem to realize that we know it. It's as if it is invisible, which it clearly is not.
You know, you could take a page from the company hand-book and have one of these potlucks yourself. Maybe invite a couple people who might know something about organizing. Keep things very casual, not an organizing drive--just a forum for exchanging ideas. Why a potluck? 'Cause it's informal, friendly, social, and people have their guard down when eating and drinking together. Churches do it all the time.

franknitty

You know, you could take a page from the company hand-book and have one of these potlucks yourself. Maybe invite a couple people who might know something about organizing. Keep things very casual, not an organizing drive--just a forum for exchanging ideas. Why a potluck? 'Cause it's informal, friendly, social, and people have their guard down when eating and drinking together. Churches do it all the time.

This is a great idea ! I can see morale going through the roof ! I would rather have a potluck, then to have a pay increase. Oh wait, I'm topped out, I can't get a pay increase ! LOL

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

There's always a disconnect. I just don't think they (most employees) realize it's as vast as it is. I don't drive myself crazy over it, but I do like to remind my fellow employees that there is no corporate love behind anything they receive from FedEx. We do have control over our perceptions, and there are a lot of FedExer's that are running their hearts out for this company during peak because they think there is some sort of payoff for them. There isn't.

Work hard, but don't give them that extra effort and dedication they count on every year. It means nothing, except in slogans and company hype.

franknitty

Please don't take this personal (he's knows who I'm talking to), "but stop being so damn sensitive old man" ! It ain't that serious ! Its just a job.

LTFedExer

THIS I agree with
He's already done it.
Dear Mr. UpstateNYUPSer:

Upstate is right.

vantexan

Dear Mr. UpstateNYUPSer:

So when do you transform back into the mild mannered scientist who grabs his man-purse and moves on down the road?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please don't take this personal (he's knows who I'm talking to), "but stop being so damn sensitive old man" ! It ain't that serious ! Its just a job.

This is my career, one that has allowed me to put two children through college and walk one down the aisle. It will also afford me a secure retirement free from financial worry with the ability to do what I want when I want.

franknitty

This is my career, one that has allowed me to put two children through college and walk one down the aisle. It will also afford me a secure retirement free from financial worry with the ability to do what I want when I want.

Praise the Lord, Brother. Peace Be On To You. My prayers are that you may have 25 more years. You're a good man.

franknitty

Thank you.

Lose the chip on your shoulder and pull your head out of your ass and I will say the same about you.

Thank you sir. I always delivery the best possible customer service to my Fedex customers, but respectfully sir, there will always be Civil War between Fedex management and most of their drivers, but it will never stop me from giving each customer the Fedex Purple Promise !

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank you sir. I always delivery the best possible customer service to my Fedex customers, but respectfully sir, there will always be Civil War between Fedex management and most of their drivers, but it will never stop me from giving each customer the Fedex Purple Promise !

Fred tries to give you the Purple Promise every day. If you walk with your back to the wall and never bend over, he won't be able to give it to you.