YA for DST!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I found a 1999 quarter yesterday. What's that worth?
image.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I was off the clock at 1635, the temp was 60+ so dog and I went a metal detecting. Have to admit, one of the best days I've had in quite some time. Nice to be getting some real sunshine.

The gods were definitely smiling on me today! I even pulled a sweet 1921 Morgan out of that frozen azs ground!

View attachment 31212 View attachment 31213
Caught the coin with my shovel but thankfully, it's not a key date, just a common year and mint!

nice find

rod

Retired 22 years
I saw places in a whole new light today. It seemed strange and then I figured out I hadn't been to these place in daylight for about 4 months.

I took over a rural route in my early career in November one time. The last 75 to a 100 miles of it I didn't see in the day light until the following year when DST started. I had to laugh the first time I saw parts of it in the daylight.

I took over a rural route in my early career in November one time. The last 75 to a 100 miles of it I didn't see in the day light until the following year when DST started. I had to laugh the first time I saw parts of it in the daylight.
I really never met need being out in the dark. Being out in the country can be so peaceful. Delivering by the moonlight isn't always a bad thing.

rod

Retired 22 years
I really never met need being out in the dark. Being out in the country can be so peaceful. Delivering by the moonlight isn't always a bad thing.

I got real comfortable delivering that area in the dark. After awhile I got to know just what light in the distance was what farm or country place.

Packmule

I hate delivering my rurals in the dark. They almost always involve driving into the customer's property, and most are not well lit. They also have no code standards to meet, so tree branches, power lines, a toy in the driveway, a pipe sticking out of a pickup truck: anything can happen in there.

Overpaid Union Thug

Here in Tennessee there was a push to have DST permanently. East Tennessee ruined it because they are in Eastern Standard Time and didn't want to be in their own little time zone once permanent DST took affect. Meaning the rest of Tennessee ,the states to the north, east, and south would all be a different time than in East Tennessee because those other states would still be participating in the "Fall Back." For that reason they made sure it didn't happen. Damn you East Tennessee! LOL!