ya think

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Wow you are really naive. So HR for ups doesn't exist? Wrong. They are just an 800 # phone call away. A supervisor who wanted to report workplace violence would speak to her boss and file a complaint with HR, not go to YOUR union steward.

Yea there is a 1-800 number but we have a union for a reason. I am not a supervisor, I am a union worker. I report things to the union. Management goes to a hr rep not us. My fifteen years at ups I never went to an hr rep nor do I know of anyone who went to one.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yea there is a 1-800 number but we have a union for a reason. I am not a supervisor, I am a union worker. I report things to the union. Management goes to a hr rep not us. My fifteen years at ups I never went to an hr rep nor do I know of anyone who went to one.
Again, that is simply not true. I hit 10 years myself at ups this week (preloader)....and in 15 years, you didn't know that telling a sup to go friend himself/herself was workplace violence....so please, try not to dazzle me with your ignorance. Yes, I know of hourlies (union workers) and management who have filed complaints with HR for various reasons.

Jkloc420

Again, that is simply not true. I hit 10 years myself at ups this week (preloader)....and in 15 years, you didn't know that telling a sup to go friend himself/herself was workplace violence....so please, try not to dazzle me with your ignorance. Yes, I know of hourlies (union workers) and management who have filed complaints with HR for various reasons.

Actually I have seen many people say :censored2: to supervisors and not all have been fired. Some are some aren't. I have seen a guy literally punch another guy in the face and get his job back. If your in the union you know how it works. If you work at ups you know how it works. Some workers get more leeway then others. Just like some people get more work then others and some people get more time off then others. It is a simple question to see how other places work and to see how a union panel would vote. Workplace violence is at the discretion of whomever the comment is directed at and the person saying it. We have a guy at are work who is argumentative and crazy every day and pretty much no one would be surprised i the guy shot up the place. You think their going o fire that guy if he says :censored2: to someone.

blkmamba

Actually I have seen many people say :censored2: to supervisors and not all have been fired. Some are some aren't. I have seen a guy literally punch another guy in the face and get his job back. If your in the union you know how it works. If you work at ups you know how it works. Some workers get more leeway then others. Just like some people get more work then others and some people get more time off then others. It is a simple question to see how other places work and to see how a union panel would vote. Workplace violence is at the discretion of whomever the comment is directed at and the person saying it. We have a guy at are work who is argumentative and crazy every day and pretty much no one would be surprised i the guy shot up the place. You think their going o fire that guy if he says :censored2: to someone.
If you know how it works, why are you asking stupid questions. Grow up!

blkmamba

Stop talking to me part time supervisor. Put me on ignore
If you were smart enough to read, I mentioned in my first post that I no longer work at UPS. I still get on here from time to time. As you're not smart enough to read post, I don't know why we would expect you to be smart enough to not ask the most asinine questions.

I'll give you time to look up asinine, yes, I'm seriously questioning your intelligence.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know exactly how it works. I've seen guys get away with everything And seen other loaders fired and lose at panel over stupid crap.

You're an adult, you can do what you want....but I'm not risking getting fired and sitting out for a few weeks before I get my job back over cursing someone out. If I cursed out everyone I don't like working with at ups, I'd never have any time to get my work done.

Jkloc420

If you were smart enough to read, I mentioned in my first post that I no longer work at UPS. I still get on here from time to time. As you're not smart enough to read post, I don't know why we would expect you to be smart enough to not ask the most asinine questions.

I'll give you time to look up asinine, yes, I'm seriously questioning your intelligence.
Considering I told u to ignore me and u keep replying.

snarts

I might be new but the one thing I learned quickly is to keep a low profile. What good can come from insulting a sup? Just don't take their words personnel and do your work as directed.

Jkloc420

I might be new but the one thing I learned quickly is to keep a low profile. What good can come from insulting a sup? Just don't take their words personnel and do your work as directed.
I wish that worked at ups. If your a hard worker and your good, ups finds u.

HandleMyPackage-Mgt

Richard in a box
Exactly why your workers don't respect you. Rather then communicate like an adult, you scream and yell.

Your response is exactly why these forums, text messages, and other written forms of communication are the worst forms of communication. Ironically, my employees do respect me and I know this because the verbal line of communication is extremely open with them and I, and they know where I stand on day to day operations.......

But I digress, UPS or non UPS, the world is still filled with unethical, weak indivisuals, who want to "cry" at every chance they are given, so if you haven't bought your stock in tissues, buy now while its low bc future generations will be crying for years too come!