Yay football is back!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You caught a break there. I have friends inquiring about going to the Pack Patriots game at Lambeau. Problem is Peak starts the next morning.

I think we would have been fine either way but it should help that AP will not be playing.

I agree----it would be tough to enjoy yourself at the game knowing that you will be slammed Monday morning.

I am flying out to Iowa Thanksgiving week to visit my son. I am heading out on Monday and coming back on Friday. This gives me the weekend to relax and allows for some flexibility if weather becomes an issue. I am looking forward to the trip----I have never been to Iowa and I want to see where he lives and works. He will be taking a day off while I am there and we are planning on going to Chicago, which I have only seen from the airport.

Z

ZQXC

The last time I was on a commercial flight was in 1982. I can't come up with any reason why I would endure the BS that is standard procedure for air travel in today's world.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The last time I was on a commercial flight was in 1982. I can't come up with any reason why I would endure the BS that is standard procedure for air travel in today's world.

$510 for a RT ticket from the airport 5 minutes from my home to the airport 15 minutes from where my son lives. It would have been cheaper to fly out of a larger airport but I would have still had to drive 2+ hours to get there. Most of the first and last day will be spent either in the air or in an airport.

1,100 miles by car. 38 mpg @3.70/gallon. 29 gallons each way is about $215 just in fuel. One night in a hotel each way----$50-75 each night (it's just me and I don't mind staying in a Microtel-like hotel) so $100-150 for hotels. I like to eat so probably another $50-60 for food. The trip would take 2 days each way. Yes, it would be cheaper to drive, but not enough to warrant driving rather than flying.

I will be going through Chicago around noon and Boston around 4:30. I don't think Chicago will be that bad that early in the day but do think Boston will be crowded.

I wonder if Amazon still sells Knee Defenders.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Visited Chicago Years ago when my son graduated from navy basic in Great Lakes, Illinois. Rode a commuter train from GL into Chicago. It was also Thanksgiving week, and it snowed 3 or 4 days. Coldest this old southern boy has ever been. Had to go to go to Bass Pro and buy a jacket. I liked the town to visit, at least. This is a football thread, so go Texans today and beat the Raiders! Hate that Clowney got hurt last week, because along with JJ Watt and Reed, they are a formidable defense.

Z

ZQXC

$510 for a RT ticket from the airport 5 minutes from my home to the airport 15 minutes from where my son lives. It would have been cheaper to fly out of a larger airport but I would have still had to drive 2+ hours to get there. Most of the first and last day will be spent either in the air or in an airport.

1,100 miles by car. 38 mpg @3.70/gallon. 29 gallons each way is about $215 just in fuel. One night in a hotel each way----$50-75 each night (it's just me and I don't mind staying in a Microtel-like hotel) so $100-150 for hotels. I like to eat so probably another $50-60 for food. The trip would take 2 days each way. Yes, it would be cheaper to drive, but not enough to warrant driving rather than flying.

I will be going through Chicago around noon and Boston around 4:30. I don't think Chicago will be that bad that early in the day but do think Boston will be crowded.

Did you ever do anything spontaneous?

Go hawks 38-10

Curt Warner will have 132 yards 2 TDs....Dave kreig will have 192 yards passing 2 TDs and a fumble...... Steve largent will have 112 yards receiving and a TD.....that leaves efren hererra with a field goal and 5 extra points.

Z

ZQXC

Go hawks 38-10

Curt Warner will have 132 yards 2 TDs....Dave kreig will have 192 yards passing 2 TDs and a fumble...... Steve largent will have 112 yards receiving and a TD.....that leaves efren hererra with a field goal and 5 extra points.

No need to watch the game now..........

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Is it a least a direct flight? I agree with you there...i live 10 min from a smaller airport...but the tickets are usually more expensive. But I'd rather pay more for my flight than fight 90min worth of traffic into the city to one of the larger airports...plus gas and parking costs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I quit going to Hawaii twice a year for the very same reason.....they can come here.