Yearly bids

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Well, our yearly bids came out this week and we are down 27 runs from last year. Be kind of interesting to hear if the rest of the places are down. You all know how the feeder rumor mill goes, "man they gotta be diverting the flow". I'd just like to know where they are diverting it to. Seems everyone is kinda tight.

blaeux35

Well, our yearly bids came out this week and we are down 27 runs from last year. Be kind of interesting to hear if the rest of the places are down. You all know how the feeder rumor mill goes, "man they gotta be diverting the flow". I'd just like to know where they are diverting it to. Seems everyone is kinda tight.
sadly no flow is being diverted, the volume has fallen off bigtime in my facility in just the past few weeks. and i work in a top ten hub, i.e consolidation hub:sad-very:

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Our volume has been pretty heavy lately, we've been hiring a lot in the past month. Everyday during preload we have constant tours full of new people that are interviewing. Everybody keeps saying it's going to start getting bad in Texas, but so far its about the same as usual if not better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

we went to a 2 year bid but they are already cutting routesnow so who knows what next year will bring

I don't think you will see the bid cycle change but you may see more drivers change runs, especially if their run is one that keeps getting cut.

I personally think the recovery will be well under way by this time next year so hopefully this will be a non-issue.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I don't think you will see the bid cycle change but you may see more drivers change runs, especially if their run is one that keeps getting cut.

I personally think the recovery will be well under way by this time next year so hopefully this will be a non-issue.
Our bids were finished on Thursday. Alot of the guys that have bid "on call" for years took runs. We have ALOT on the extra board. Doesn't look too promising. Extra board is at about 50% of bid runs.:dissapointed: