Yearly ride along observation with sup

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If the supervisor wants to be a ball-busting nitpicker then I can be one too and in that case we are in for a really, really, really long day.

If they are there simply to check my name off of a list and the ride is merely a formality, then we can have a pleasant and totally non-confrontational day.

Its up to them.

rod

Retired 22 years
Expect to be nitpicked. They have to find at least a couple things to gig you on. The best was I was told on a cold day that I didn't drink enough water.

When I was being trained on a town route back in 71 (the the hottest day of the year) the District Manager (yes back then he was the one who trained me on delivery) ----anyway when he finally let me deliver to a bank all by myself he was watching me through a window. On the way out I stopped for a drink of water. When I got back to the truck his exact words were "sure--I let you go on your own and right away you go to hell on me". Heartless bastards even back then. This is the same person who later on that day had me leave the back door and the bulkhead door open because it was so hot. His words then were "this is a big no-no----do as I say -not as I do." He had me shut it after we lost a couple of packages out of the door going around a residential corner.

box_beeyotch

When I was being trained on a town route back in 71 (the the hottest day of the year) the District Manager (yes back then he was the one who trained me on delivery) ----anyway when he finally let me deliver to a bank all by myself he was watching me through a window. On the way out I stopped for a drink of water. When I got back to the truck his exact words were "sure--I let you go on your own and right away you go to hell on me". Heartless bastards even back then. This is the same person who later on that day had me leave the back door and the bulkhead door open because it was so hot. His words then were "this is a big no-no----do as I say -not as I do." He had me shut it after we lost a couple of packages out of the door going around a residential corner.

I actually laughed a little while I was reading this without exaggeration.