Yes or NO on NEW CONTRACT?

Will u vote yes or no on the new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You done, shoe shine boy! Like I said, this is the bitter and anti-teamster site. How can I say this? The management of UPS Freight told us about it 2 years ago. Enough said!

still waiting for the apology to cheryl....if you dont like the site...get out. Many of you overnite drivers are cocky, and Im not sure why, driving around in beat to hell equipment with your long zz top beards, seriously, most of you look like hell. The sad part is I have heard of ups accounts that started using ups freight, but stopped after a few months because of the piss poor service from drivers ie, bitching, crying, etc. Face it, looks like you guys are going to be the red headed step-children of our company. like I said before, ups should have bought yellow, so much more professional. You guys were the bottom of the barrel in price, so thats why ups thought it was the best move financially. I have talked to a few motor cargo guys, they seem to be a bit more "cleaned up," but overall a rickety outfit for sure. Ups can start by making you guys cut those nasty "mountain man" beards, and purchase a few new trailers and tractors. Heaven knows overnite management wasnt going to do it.

tieguy

Banned
(a) may use substitute means of transportation (such as airplane, helicopter, ship or T.O.friend.C.) in its operations; provided, however, that no feeder driver
with more than three (3) years of seniority in the

feeder driver classification in the employ of the Employer, as of August 1, 1997, will be laid off or

displaced from a feeder classification as a result of a run being placed on the rail.

Don't understand the language. Not sure why the company would ask for such language since our competition is forcing us to pull loads off the train to speed up delivery times. Almost looks like language the union may have asked for to protect jobs?

However, the Employer shall not be required to remove loads from the rail to provide work for employees whose

ground loads were eliminated or temporarily discontinued. Any claimed abuse of this Section by any of the Local Unions shall be subject to immediate review by the National Grievance Committee.
Merchandise that has been tendered by United Parcel Service to the railroad and moved by T.O.friend.C. will not subsequently be moved by the railroad, on the ground, to its final destination.

new language mandating the movement of rail work from the hub to the railyard and back as being ground moves by ups drivers. I imagine some locals had this language and some did not?

Any exception to the
above language will be in cases of an emergency or cases where the railroad must ground the merchandise early to meet the Company's service commitment. In these cases, every effort will be made
to use UPS employees.

New language that now means ups must try to move the work that is prematurely grounded by ups drivers. This work when it happened was previously moved by sub contractors to the final railyard.

In order to expand the work opportunities for members of the bargaining unit, the Employer will consider removing additional loads from the railroad or the other substitute means of
transportation specified in this Article.

we are already headed in that direction as folks saw on the east and west coasts the last couple of years.

When the Employer removes loads on other than a temporary basis, it shall notify the Union of the number of new runs to be created as a result of moving such loads on the ground. The Employer and Union shall agree on the most expeditious method to obtain additional personnel and/or equipment, if necessary, for the new runs to be
operated by bargaining unit members.

New language that gets the union involved early into the planning stages. a partnership of sorts that gets both sides working together when we make moves.

If the equipment or employees are not available, the Employer may use subcontractors for a reasonable start-up period, not to exceed thirty (30) days.

The subcontracting can exceed thirty (30) days with the Union’s agreement if there are problems

thirty day limit for start up of new service initiatives. requires pre approval from the union if we need more then thirty days for unforseen problems. Little bit of flexibility which helps us compete against non union fdx.

Overall I think it gives us more business flexibility but requires we involve the union much more then we previously have in our operations. In my opinion this is a new approach. Those of you who have been around a while know we usually did not involve the union and allow them to look into our operations plans when we were still making the plans.

804 my previous response on this subject. I guess you missed it and I know Trick can't read.:wink2: Read the whole section of changes. Collectively the entire section is very positive for your side. then look at why we made all the lane enhancements. We definitely can not go back to putting loads back on the train with fdx breathing downour necks.

tieguy

Banned
804 my previous response on this subject. I guess you missed it and I know Trick can't read.:wink2: Read the whole section of changes. Collectively the entire section is very positive for your side. then look at why we made all the lane enhancements. We definitely can not go back to putting loads back on the train with fdx breathing downour necks.

804 did you get a chance to read through the other language associated with this issue?