yesterday

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So I found out the other day after 15 years of being at ups and loading trucks for 13 years that you are no longer suppose to put smalls behind boxes on the shelfs blocking them in. The new method is to put a bigger boxes in the back and put the smaller ones in the front. Which seems to be a lack of communication on the part of ups. Just wonder what way the drivers prefer.

Jkloc420

Nothing worse than having 7 envelopes and 3 small boxes behind one decent sized box

Which I understand but the issue is that is the way I was trained to do it. The upper mangement guy who got on me about it assumed after 13 years of loading one way I could change it overnight

Jkloc420

You know the orion systems makes no sense. I don't understand why you have one stop in the 2000 section then you have to go to the 5000 section to get your next stop. Wouldn't it be easier just to make the stops 2000 and 2001. Seems like it defeats the purpose of going from one section all the way over to another.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You know the orion systems makes no sense. I don't understand why you have one stop in the 2000 section then you have to go to the 5000 section to get your next stop. Wouldn't it be easier just to make the stops 2000 and 2001. Seems like it defeats the purpose of going from one section all the way over to another.
That'll be Orion 2.0

Jkloc420

I still load smalls behind or on top, but I put the higher hin# behind the lower number ex. 1305 in front of a 1450.

The upper told me that ups changed and they don't do it that way anymore. This all started because a new guy took over the the old guys route who retired. The guy before never had a problem with his loads and if he did he told me and we worked it out. This guy used my load quality has an issue has to why he wasn't meeting his required hours on his route. I load ok but not to the point where this guy is using it to why he is getting in an hour or two hours late at night.

Holydriver

So I found out the other day after 15 years of being at ups and loading trucks for 13 years that you are no longer suppose to put smalls behind boxes on the shelfs blocking them in. The new method is to put a bigger boxes in the back and put the smaller ones in the front. Which seems to be a lack of communication on the part of ups. Just wonder what way the drivers prefer.
I like when they put big boxes on top of smalls. That way the slightest bump empties my shelves.

JL 0513

That'll be Orion 2.0

I'm afraid there will be no way of accomplishing this. Orion optimization occurs minutes before you pull out of the building. Orion would have to know your exact load, air and all, hours before that when loads haven't even been fully planned yet. Get used to digging.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm afraid there will be no way of accomplishing this. Orion optimization occurs minutes before you pull out of the building. Orion would have to know your exact load, air and all, hours before that when loads haven't even been fully planned yet. Get used to digging.
They've already said its coming.

I agree with you though without 1000x better forecasting it won't work.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I still load smalls behind or on top, but I put the higher hin# behind the lower number ex. 1305 in front of a 1450.
Which doesnt help anymore since its not run that way anymore. All pkgs need to be accesible, lip load, and whatever after that. We will figure it out. Put smalls in a dr bag, and hang it under a 95 pd lip loaded box