Yet another new management report (for us to ignore)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center team posted a new report Thursday morning. As you all know, UPS has changed the procedures re: NI3 pre-paid pkgs and we were all given new info notices in reponse to this change. We were briefed on the new notices during the PCM, new notices were put on our pkg car seats and the old ones removed, and a ODS message was sent reminding us to use only the new notices. Well, I guess someone in Syracuse (our district hub) has nothing better to do than to track any drivers still using the old notices (we had 3) and generate a report listing their names. To be fair, this should have been a very simple change, so I am at a loss as to why those 3 drivers either didn't get the memo or just blew it off, but it amazes me that there is a mgt person with nothing better to do all than to track this information so that an on-car can get with the driver(s) and hand them a new set of info notices.

I would be interested to hear if any of you had this happen in your centers/hubs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, I guess someone in Syracuse (our district hub) has nothing better to do than to track any drivers still using the old notices (we had 3) and generate a report listing their names.

It is an automated report. The report you saw was probably less than an hours effort.

Of course, someone had to write a query to gather this info but I can just about guarantee you it was not the management person that sent out the memo.

pretzel_man

Our center team posted a new report Thursday morning. As you all know, UPS has changed the procedures re: NI3 pre-paid pkgs and we were all given new info notices in reponse to this change. We were briefed on the new notices during the PCM, new notices were put on our pkg car seats and the old ones removed, and a ODS message was sent reminding us to use only the new notices. Well, I guess someone in Syracuse (our district hub) has nothing better to do than to track any drivers still using the old notices (we had 3) and generate a report listing their names. To be fair, this should have been a very simple change, so I am at a loss as to why those 3 drivers either didn't get the memo or just blew it off, but it amazes me that there is a mgt person with nothing better to do all than to track this information so that an on-car can get with the driver(s) and hand them a new set of info notices.

I would be interested to hear if any of you had this happen in your centers/hubs.

I'm not sure why you are focused on the creation of a report. As Hoax said, it probably took very little time to create.

Look at it the other way. Imagine that a % of drivers (even a small %) don't get the message on the info notice change.

Now, at some point wouldn't you have asked why management wasn't smart enough to query the system to ensure everyone used the new notice?

P-Man

tieguy

Banned

probably not a management person. We have an army of access guru's sitting in some office somewhere finding new ways to extract information from your delivery information. Audit and verify?

You have to admit it was effective in identifying those who did not get the memo?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All good points and I agree that the report was effective in that we now will have 100% compliance. I just struck me as "Oh, great, another report..." when they first posted it on Thursday.:whiteflag:

browniehound

My question now becomes how can the system tell the difference between the old and new? My understanding is the only difference is on the back of the info-notice?

I'm was thinking they must have changed the tracking numbers. However, I'm looking at both the old and new and they each start with 9 and the numbers appear indisquishable?

pretzel_man

All good points and I agree that the report was effective in that we now will have 100% compliance. I just struck me as "Oh, great, another report..." when they first posted it on Thursday.:whiteflag:

I agree that we have too many reports.

Actually, I don't understand why they had to post it as a report for everyone, instead of just talking the the three people.

P-Man

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Actually, it sounds to me like some one in management did a good job of identifying a potential problem (using oudated, incorrect delivery notices) and used the technology to fix it prior to implementing a new program.

We had a PT clerk standing around on Friday with a box of the new delivery notices and a clipboard with every drivers name on it, she was taking away the old notices and replacing them with the new ones and crossing names off of her list.

Im glad you posted this, it made me remember that I have little half-used pads of obsolete delivery notices stashed all over the place that I need to gather up and throw away.

Jim Kemp

Everyone in our center was on the report because after they took up all the old notices they handed out the same old notices.:happy2:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Actually, it sounds to me like some one in management did a good job of identifying a potential problem (using oudated, incorrect delivery notices) and used the technology to fix it prior to implementing a new program.

We had a PT clerk standing around on Friday with a box of the new delivery notices and a clipboard with every drivers name on it, she was taking away the old notices and replacing them with the new ones and crossing names off of her list.

Im glad you posted this, it made me remember that I have little half-used pads of obsolete delivery notices stashed all over the place that I need to gather up and throw away.

Recycle you mean..:sick:

Big Babooba

Stay tuned for the new report on the effectiveness of the original report concerning the compliance with the new delivery notice policy.:whiteflag:

Dagoof

I wonder why they just didnt wait until most of the old ones were used up before starting the new ones. What happened to UPS goin green and all that good stuff. Would it hurt that much to extend the five day hold until then.