You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
FedEx is dumbing down the courier job and providing minimal training and they are getting just that....dumb. A friend of mine met a new young guy on road to give him stops. While setting him up she sent him to a house to make a DSR delivery. She realized he had no pen so she went to the door. As she got there, the woman opened the door and the guy just looked at her, said NOTHING. She was going to close the door when my friend stepped up and explained they had a pkg and needed a signature. Lol.

Afterwards, for some reason, they got on subject of delivery records...he doesn't know what they are. She asked him what he would do if his Powerpad died. Uh, I don't know. Go back to the station?

This is the future of FedEx.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx is dumbing down the courier job and providing minimal training and they are getting just that....dumb. A friend of mine met a new young guy on road to give him stops. While setting him up she sent him to a house to make a DSR delivery. She realized he had no pen so she went to the door. As she got there, the woman opened the door and the guy just looked at her, said NOTHING. She was going to close the door when my friend stepped up and explained they had a pkg and needed a signature. Lol.

Afterwards, for some reason, they got on subject of delivery records...he doesn't know what they are. She asked him what he would do if his Powerpad died. Uh, I don't know. Go back to the station?

This is the future of FedEx.

PowerPads never fail, and we never have to use Delivery Records. We are FedEx, we are flawless, we are perfect...ERROR, ERROR. Must sterilize, ster..il..ize!! ERROR, ERROR!! (Apologies to Capt. Kirk).

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was just opening mail I got a few weeks ago and found a letter from my Managing Director telling me I had five days to send him a response stating what I will do in the future to prevent the type of accident I had recently and what I will do to drive safely. WTF?! WHY are they sending me stupid :censored2: like this to my house and I know they seriously don't expect a response?!

Does anyone else get something like this, from their Managing Director to their home, after a preventable accident?

bbsam

Staff member
I was just opening mail I got a few weeks ago and found a letter from my Managing Director telling me I had five days to send him a response stating what I will do in the future to prevent the type of accident I had recently and what I will do to drive safely. WTF?! WHY are they sending me stupid :censored2: like this to my house and I know they seriously don't expect a response?!

Does anyone else get something like this, from their Managing Director to their home, after a preventable accident?
The "New Normal"?

Contractors are asked for "action plans" frequently. WAGN.

MAKAVELI

Did your coworker that got into an accident in a driveway get the same letter?;)

bacha29

Great answer cosmo. It goes to show that every once in a while if you try hard enough you can in fact dumb it down simple enough for management to understand it.

dezguy

If we have an accident, we get a half days check ride and a "try to be safe". That's it, the end.

Anything FedEx sends to my home goes directly into the recycling. I don't even bother opening them anymore. Want me to fill something out or read something? Give it to me when I'm on the clock.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If we have an accident, we get a half days check ride and a "try to be safe". That's it, the end.

Anything FedEx sends to my home goes directly into the recycling. I don't even bother opening them anymore. Want me to fill something out or read something? Give it to me when I'm on the clock.

My sentiments exactly. I'll deal with it on the clock or not at all. This was the first time I ever got anything like that at my house that's why I was so put out. Felt kind of intrusive. Lol.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My sentiments exactly. I'll deal with it on the clock or not at all. This was the first time I ever got anything like that at my house that's why I was so put out. Felt kind of intrusive. Lol.
It is intrusive. Borderline harassment IMO.

If you sent any kind of FedEx correspondence to your managing director's house they'd be thoroughly pi$$ed followed by a nasty phone call to your senior and then your manager would have a warning letter waiting for you the next morning.

Throw the damn thing away.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'd be massively pissed. Reply should go something like this:

Dear Incredible :censored2:. You have 5 days to inform me what you plan to do to ensure I am never ever harassed at my personal domain on my own time by you or any other :censored2: head from this two-bit circus ever again.

I'm yours from the moment I clock in - to the moment I clock out. At no other time do I expect to receive any sort of harassment from you or your ilk - ever. Got that? - E V E R.

If I'm not getting compensated, I'm damn sure not getting harassed. Screw you.

Love,
Operational Needs

So, got a new one for your consideration.

We're so understaffed, we have a new pm courier at our station driving a route...

... who has not been to Courier school or Defensive Driving. And no, he has not been a courier before.

Status
Not open for further replies.