You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplepackage

I found out today that one of our newer couriers/cover drivers was sent to courier class TWICE. He told management he had already been when they told him the second time he needed to go. They didn't have any record of him going previously. LMAO! And yet we can't afford printer batteries. We had Dispatch, and multiple PM drivers begging for meet ups for batteries today.

Sometimes we run out of extra power pad batteries, of course all you have to do is look in certain peoples buckets..seems some guys like to collect 3 or 4 batteries and never give them back

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sometimes we run out of extra power pad batteries, of course all you have to do is look in certain peoples buckets..seems some guys like to collect 3 or 4 batteries and never give them back
At my station, only certain routes are assigned batteries. The gatekeepers keep track of them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm sorry you don't like it, but I will engage Dano until he eventually goes away. Sooner or later he will pull another Thunder or reveal himself. I GAF because he's a Kool-Aid pusher, and we still have lots of people addicted to the stuff.

Translation:

Last edited:

59 Dano

I found out today that one of our newer couriers/cover drivers was sent to courier class TWICE. He told management he had already been when they told him the second time he needed to go. They didn't have any record of him going previously. LMAO! And yet we can't afford printer batteries. We had Dispatch, and multiple PM drivers begging for meet ups for batteries today.

That type of thing grates on my nerves to no end more than just about anything else with this company. It looks bad, it is bad, and even just the perception of something like that happening is awful. The station rabble rousers will talk about it daily until the end of time and it leaves varying impressions, none of them good, on everyone else.

When we're dealing with this type of situation I always like to mention SFA scores because some folks need to be freaking reminded.

59 Dano

Yup, I've seen it recently. Then, they get upset at them for not knowing what the hell they're doing. Sounds like a great money saver till you stop to think that they are training these people to drive large vehicles in public.

Our last batch of trainees were tablet class pioneers and they turned out much better than the previous crop. I don't know what they learned via the tablets that wasn't being taught several months prior but these guys hit the ground running.

59 Dano

I like the guy who keeps 5 rolls of ASTRA labels on his truck and doesn't pick up 3 pkgs a day.

SmithBarney

I like the guy who keeps 5 rolls of ASTRA labels on his truck and doesn't pick up 3 pkgs a day.
5 rolls eh... I keep a whole box. ;) Actually everyone does.. and once the trucks are stocked, the rate of consumption is the same, and the cost is negligible after the initial setup. I used to go through a roll a day, thank goodness things slowed down.

dex 84

I've been at a training before where one of the other employees there said that this was his second time doing the training because he didn't get credit for it in the system the first time.

But make sure you only handle each package only once so you don't waste any time...

59 Dano

I've been at a training before where one of the other employees there said that this was his second time doing the training because he didn't get credit for it in the system the first time.

That urinates me off. Hopefully the responsible party got a letter. My favorite SM, whom I've mentioned before, would issue one if his OM was to blame. (S)he would also say that entering that info into the system is one of the easiest things in the world to do, takes virtually no time at all, and there is absolutely no excuse for not doing it. None.

FURTHER, you make us look bad because this will be thrown up in our faces for the next couple of years anytime there is any discussion of money. It doesn't matter if it's an apples to oranges comparison and completely irrelevant, our employees see it as a money issue and money is money. Period.

FURTHER THAN THAT, if you demonstrate that you don't pay enough attention to simple things like this they won't trust you to handle the more important things.

My favorite SM is not afraid to use discipline.

SmithBarney

That urinates me off. Hopefully the responsible party got a letter...

A letter!, try a week off without pay, that should cover the cost of sending a CRR to school twice.
If a CRR gets in an accident(which costs the company $$) they can get suspended...
if a MGR blows ~$2000(probably more) in training someone twice, they better be sent home with more than a letter.

59 Dano

A letter!, try a week off without pay, that should cover the cost of sending a CRR to school twice.
If a CRR gets in an accident(which costs the company $$) they can get suspended...
if a MGR blows ~$2000(probably more) in training someone twice, they better be sent home with more than a letter.

When they start giving couriers unpaid suspensions as performance punishment, then I'm for doing it for managers as well.

SmithBarney

When they start giving couriers unpaid suspensions as performance punishment, then I'm for doing it for managers as well.

I don't think that falls under "performance" when it costs big bucks. Its as close to a "preventable accident" a Manager can get, unless you count bruised knees or burned mouth on coffee

overflowed

I don't think that falls under "performance" when it costs big bucks. Its as close to a "preventable accident" a Manager can get, unless you count bruised knees or burned mouth on coffee
I once had a little fight with my manager years back and told him to take off the kneepads. He came up to me 2 days later and said "Oh I finally got the kneepad joke."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I once had a little fight with my manager years back and told him to take off the kneepads. He came up to me 2 days later and said "Oh I finally got the kneepad joke."

Wearing the kneepads is required to move up the chain or even keep your job. The new breed of courier isn't anything close to what used to be the norm, so I'd expect some re-writing of policies regarding additional training. The turnover is extremely high, so if they can keep even a marginal courier by additional training, maybe they'll do it.

Remember that "training" these days isn't very extensive.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My SM gave our station the deadline of yesterday to be in uniform compliance. Slight problem......no one can order uniforms to GET in compliance. LMAO!

Also, PM mgrs are running routes in street clothes. Lol.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That urinates me off. Hopefully the responsible party got a letter.

My favorite SM is not afraid to use discipline.
Well I'm sure he's a SM at Station One where three hours to sort a document bucket is totally acceptable. What's the discipline, no ice cream bars for three days? Go urinate off on some other forum.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I finally remembered to ask a manager..... My station has hired 25-30 couriers since January 1, 2016. This week in JCATS, we have 5 part time courier and 6 full time swing positions. The revolving door keeps revolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.