You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

whenIgetthere

Seniors love young fresh managers that can turn into drones that do whatever they say. We had an ops manager at our station for 20 years, a senior came that he's worked with before and magically he took a ramp manager position

We had a decent SM years ago, left to take over a nearby station. This one a--hole OM at his new station was such a turd, he told him to find a new station. And where does he wind up, at our station. We had people quit because of him, and he isn't even their manager. Real ray of sunshine, this azzclown is. After a couple of years of him, I transferred out, but friends tell me he has morale in the toilet. Real leader, Fred's kind of guy.

dex 84

Our good SM left the company to start his own business. Our best ops manager was recently head hunted by another company that has in the last year hired 3 other ops managers from around the district that I've heard of. We're left with garbage.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our good SM left the company to start his own business. Our best ops manager was recently head hunted by another company that has in the last year hired 3 other ops managers from around the district that I've heard of. We're left with garbage.

Bingo. The good ones leave because they can, and we're left with the jerk A-holes that fit the current profile of what FedEx wants in a "leader". We recently had an absolutely incompetent OM promoted to SM. Either he has really soft lips and excellent kneepad skills, or he's all they could get.

One station I hit frequently had a Nazi-like OM that was finally told to leave or be fired. He ended up in a much better job at a manufacturing company. Having FedEx managerial experience is very helpful on a resume, because a lot of people think the company is well-run, when we all know the opposite to be true.

bacha29

Bingo. The good ones leave because they can, and we're left with the jerk A-holes that fit the current profile of what FedEx wants in a "leader". We recently had an absolutely incompetent OM promoted to SM. Either he has really soft lips and excellent kneepad skills, or he's all they could get.

One station I hit frequently had a Nazi-like OM that was finally told to leave or be fired. He ended up in a much better job at a manufacturing company. Having FedEx managerial experience is very helpful on a resume, because a lot of people think the company is well-run, when we all know the opposite to be true.
There have been instances when the Special High Intensity Training course id effect some people in a negative manner.

Purplepackage

We had a decent SM years ago, left to take over a nearby station. This one a--hole OM at his new station was such a turd, he told him to find a new station. And where does he wind up, at our station. We had people quit because of him, and he isn't even their manager. Real ray of sunshine, this azzclown is. After a couple of years of him, I transferred out, but friends tell me he has morale in the toilet. Real leader, Fred's kind of guy.

Our new SM is strange I can't get a good read on him, he was actually a courier in the late 80s right when I started. Became a manager yadayada que a good scandal, left company, came back and surprise he clawed his way up to SM and is back home

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A friend of mine worked today and called me afterwards. She had a FO letter for an airport. The place at the airport where it was going, a SIDA badge is required to deliver there. There are are only about three people at the station with SIDA badges, none working today. She was instructed to code it up as a DEX 8 (closed/not in) customer controlled access. Seriously?!?! Is this the point that our customer service has been reduced to?

MAKAVELI

A friend of mine worked today and called me afterwards. She had a FO letter for an airport. The place at the airport where it was going, a SIDA badge is required to deliver there. There are are only about three people at the station with SIDA badges, none working today. She was instructed to code it up as a DEX 8 (closed/not in) customer controlled access. Seriously?!?! Is this the point that our customer service has been reduced to?
"Friend"? You don't have to lie to kick it. Smh

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was any effort made to call the number on the label, explain the situation and ask that they meet outside of the controlled area?

outtatime

Is that not the definition of customer controlled access? How would you have handled if you didn't have a SIDA badge?

Status
Not open for further replies.