You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our closest center is 90 miles away while our closest hub is 150 miles away. If we need supplies overnight they will give them to a feeder driver to bring with them.

Purplepackage

Does anyone know if the 35 hour minimum is void if you work saturday for Overtime?

Im getting conflicting answers from my brand spankin new management team(some go getter 24 year olds). And its conflicting with what old manager used to tell us

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Does anyone know if the 35 hour minimum is void if you work saturday for Overtime?

Im getting conflicting answers from my brand spankin new management team(some go getter 24 year olds). And its conflicting with what old manager used to tell us
No it is not. You can work six hours each day, Mon-Fri, get your weekly minimum and Saturday is all OT. Unless policy changed, the young ones know not of which they speak.

Last edited:

Purplepackage

No it is not. You can work six hours each day, Mon-Fri, get your weekly minimum and Saturday is all OT. Unless policy changedX the young ones know not of which they speak.

It seems the young ones have much to learn.

One of them started here a year ago, had a full head of jet black hair, safe to say half of that is already going gray lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No it is not. You can work six hours each day, Mon-Fri, get your weekly minimum and Saturday is all OT. Unless policy changed, the young ones know not of which they speak.

I think he is asking if he still gets his 35 even though he did not work 35 and if Saturday is all OT if he did not get his 35.

I would think they would add the Saturday hours to get his 35 and any time after that would be OT. For example, if he came in to Saturday with only 33 hours worked the first 2 hours would be added to get his 35 and any hours worked beyond that would be OT.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I think he is asking if he still gets his 35 even though he did not work 35 and if Saturday is all OT if he did not get his 35.

I would think they would add the Saturday hours to get his 35 and any time after that would be OT. For example, if he came in to Saturday with only 33 hours worked the first 2 hours would be added to get his 35 and any hours worked beyond that would be OT.

I would think that since you don't work at FedEx that you would not be aware of all their policies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Nope. I understood what he was asking. It doesn't work the way you said, unless they recently changed the policy. We can get paid both weekly minimum and OT in the same week.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Oops. I was wrong. They must have changed the OT policy (I'm going to research it). I just spoke to my mgr and he said it's based on weekly hours, that your Saturday hours are added to your minimum if you don't have 35.

Purplepackage

Oops. I was wrong. They must have changed the OT policy (I'm going to research it). I just spoke to my mgr and he said it's based on weekly hours, that your Saturday hours are added to your minimum if you don't have 35.

It must be an extremely recent change because I specially remember getting a minimum and OT around this time last year.

Considering you hit day off which makes that day OT, if you only work 27 hours during the week/ and 5 hours on Saturday technically they still owe you straight time minimum hours

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It must be an extremely recent change because I specially remember getting a minimum and OT around this time last year.

Considering you hit day off which makes that day OT, if you only work 27 hours during the week/ and 5 hours on Saturday technically they still owe you straight time minimum hours
That happened to me multiple times too.

Status
Not open for further replies.