You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAKAVELI

They may well have changed the policy and not told anyone. Surprise. Surprise. I'm going to look.
When it comes to overtime I don't think that's one they can just change and not tell us. Working on your day off is always been overtime except for when you call in sick or take a personal regardless of how many hours you have worked.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When it comes to overtime I don't think that's one they can just change and not tell us. Working on your day off is always been overtime except for when you call in sick or take a personal regardless of how many hours you have worked.
I put nothing past FedEx. I'm surprised they haven't touched our weekly minimum yet.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I just spoke to my mgr and he said it's based on weekly hours, that your Saturday hours are added to your minimum if you don't have 35.

That is correct. All hours worked during the week are calculated toward your minimum. The 6th day is always OT regardless of how many or how few hours you've worked.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That is correct. All hours worked during the week are calculated toward your minimum. The 6th day is always OT regardless of how many or how few hours you've worked.
I looked at the policy and if I read it correctly, it does say that. I forgot to check the date.

Oldfart

They would have people like oldfart believing it was the best thing since sliced bread. Lol.
I have never gotten paid minimum in my entire career so I have no idea what you are insinuating. Our station has always been overtime dependent. All you want and then some.

dex 84

You just contradicted yourself.

No he didn't. There's two things in play here. One is the policy that a full time employee is guaranteed 35 hours of pay whether or not they are provided with 35 hours of work. The other is that when you work your day off you are on overtime from punch to punch.

gatorkev85

Our hub is getting a fully automated part to our small sort. It can sort over 8,000 an hour and has 48 bins they are trying to say that only 5 people will be bagging on it. Mind you it goes over 8,000 an hour, how are 5 people going to be able to keep up with 8,000+? Even if it's only 8,000 that's 1,600 packages an hour per person which for a bagger is impossible

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our hub is getting a fully automated part to our small sort. It can sort over 8,000 an hour and has 48 bins they are trying to say that only 5 people will be bagging on it. Mind you it goes over 8,000 an hour, how are 5 people going to be able to keep up with 8,000+? Even if it's only 8,000 that's 1,600 packages an hour per person which for a bagger is impossible
I'm guessing there is a point there somewhere??

Purplepackage

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.