You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
OK. You need to get in touch with your State Labor Board or equivalent immediately and report this. If FedEx can't pay it's bills...NOT YOUR PROBLEM. Nor, should anyone be forced to bring (and pay-out) personal funds for a clearly business-related expense. Tell management (in advance) that you are not paying a toll out of your pocket and that they can provide petty cash or a FedEx credit card for the fees. I doubt that FedEx would have any recourse if you refused to pay the toll or just sat outside the toll area waiting for a manager to come and pay it for you. In fact, that's probably what you should do. Come to work with just your DL and Medical card if you're DOT, and your lunch. Then, refuse to pay the toll, OR take the long alternative route you mentioned. I don't know if all of your couriers have this option.

I do know of a local RTD who refused to pay the toll on a bridge out of his own pocket and that he parked it until a manager came out and took care of it. 5 AMJs of P1, just sitting there for 90 minutes. Glorious.

You should already know that management is held to a much lower standard than you are, and that they regularly lie to cover-up their misdeeds, failures, and general incompetence.

AND, as someone else recently said on here. NEVER, EVER TRUST MANAGEMENT. They can, and will, toss you immediately under the bus to save their own skin(s), regardless of how great an employee you are or despite any friendships. Seen it happen many times.

That's AWESOME about the RTD though. I would have been dying laughing.

dex 84

That's what I'm doing. No one is REQUIRED to, but you don't always know the transponder isnt working until you're at the toll booth.

I was told to just run the toll without a transponder if I didn't have one rather than have them bill fedex manually. The toll costs more if I just drive through without paying but it saves payroll because i don't have to sit and talk to the toll operator.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have heard that our mechanics have to order everything from Memphis and that they aren't allowed to have normal wear and tear items like brake pads, wipers, and headlights. Then the parts are shipped out E2. So, a tractor or truck goes "Out of Service" for want of a part that they should have dozens of because they fail or wear out on a regular basis. Brilliant.

Our VMX guy manages to keep on hand a few of the things that are more likely to go bad. I don't know his usual routine for parts. I've only heard him complain about waiting for parts a couple of times.

Our VMX Manager will say off the record that this is insanity. He also told me all the steps he had to go through just to rent a single van to cover for one that broke down at a rural station. Something that should take 15 minutes took all day, and they didn't even get a replacement until the next day. He hates FedEx as much as I do.

Why in the world would the VMX Mgr be ordering the rentals??

Sparky

I was told to just run the toll without a transponder if I didn't have one rather than have them bill fedex manually. The toll costs more if I just drive through without paying but it saves payroll because i don't have to sit and talk to the toll operator.
Haaa when I first started doing shuttles to the airport nobody told me about the toll tags, so I kept on running them, I asked about them twice and the managers never got back to me so I kept running them. Got so many fines on that corporate security had to come out and ask me about the five digit fine associated with that situation, told them I asked for tags but was never given one, no idea what they did after that but they never bothered me again and I always had a transponder waiting for me.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I do know of a local RTD who refused to pay the toll on a bridge out of his own pocket and that he parked it until a manager came out and took care of it. 5 AMJs of P1, just sitting there for 90 minutes. Glorious.
0WSGwdC.gif

Last edited:

Nolimitz

Our airport parking passes expire 2x a year. the bill is never paid on time. Was told to drive to the exit (no gate) of parking area and back into the parking area. It usually takes weeks of b itching to get a manager to pay the bill. DOH!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This is off topic, but it's my thread and I don't feel like looking for another one better suited to the subject. Lol.

My SM posted his monthly letter this morning. Mixed in all the blah, blah, blah, drivel was a sentence that I'm betting most people won't read....In order to cut down on Saturday OT, some people will be moved to Saturday on straight time, with a day off during the week. WUT?!?!

Is this happening in any of your stations? I know all PTers were already moved to Saturday a few years ago.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is off topic, but it's my thread and I don't feel like looking for another one better suited to the subject. Lol.

My SM posted his monthly letter this morning. Mixed in all the blah, blah, blah, drivel was a sentence that I'm betting most people won't read....In order to cut down on Saturday OT, some people will be moved to Saturday on straight time, with a day off during the week. WUT?!?!

Is this happening in any of your stations? I know all PTers were already moved a few years ago.

Gee, what a great deal!! Split days off. This will be very popular. As usual, FedEx is thinking of your quality of life.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Gee, what a great deal!! Split days off. This will be very popular. As usual, FedEx is thinking of your quality of life.

They haven't talked about any specifics yet. I'm sure they will start from the bottom, so it probably won't effect me. It's just wrong. FedEx--The People Company.

Purplepackage

Is this happening in any of your stations? I know all PTers were already moved to Saturday a few years ago.

To cut down on Saturday overtime at my station they hired a few part timers who work the minimum hours evey week lol

dezguy

I would lose my :censored2: if I had to take a random Wednesday or something like that as an off day. There should be a law that, unless agreed upon by the employee, you should have two consecutive days off during the week.

My God, cut down on OT by hiring some people!

59 Dano

Not happening here (yet), but I've worked in stations where it happened within the last 5 years.

59 Dano

They haven't talked about any specifics yet. I'm sure they will start from the bottom, so it probably won't effect me. It's just wrong. FedEx--The People Company.

It may affect you depending on how they go about it. Where I worked, they hit the guys who were a bit heavy with the OT. They were given new offer letters that enumerated the new schedule. Each courier that this applied to had the option of bumping the least senior FT courier and taking that courier's route.

dex 84

How can they change your day off when you signed an offer letter that said you have Saturday and Sunday off?

Seems like if they're changing that many routes they should just rebid the entire station...

Status
Not open for further replies.