You can't spell Stupid with out UPS

I usually fail to find the humor in write-ups like that. A really quick way to get permanently on my **** list. If you haven't got something constructive to say, keep your trap shut!

In all fairness I've had my mech tell me what equipment is good and what stuff we should flush. The guys who make the S list here are the df noobs who write up EVERYTHING, the guys who break everything, and those stupid enough to criticize the mech's work. Piss off our female mech and your life will even get that much worse.

​We had a streeter come in as I was talking to her and she asked the guy what he needed. He asked if there were any male mechs around. I get along great with her and still barely made it out alive.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Found this the other day. I laughed.
Someone failed to realize that the DVIR book is not a UPS document. That book is a DOT document. Subject to fines and jail time. If stopped by DOT, Or if vehicle is in an accident DOT has the right to pull the book and look. If this example is found then the person who signature is on the page will have a nice little talk with the DOT inspector and I assure there will be a ticket written, and since you willingly violated both State and Federal laws there not a thing your local UNION can do for you.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Someone failed to realize that the DVIR book is not a UPS document. That book is a DOT document. Subject to fines and jail time. If stopped by DOT, Or if vehicle is in an accident DOT has the right to pull the book and look. If this example is found then the person who signature is on the page will have a nice little talk with the DOT inspector and I assure there will be a ticket written, and since you willingly violated both State and Federal laws there not a thing your local UNION can do for you.

And probably get a ticket for not signing his name legibly. Even if you don't get a ticket, a DOT inspector will run you over the coals for signing like a doctor.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You sound like a fun guy to take out for drinks and a good time...

I'm a great guy to hang out with. I just don't appreciate insults on official DOT forms on equipment I have no choice to work with. I take pride in my work and I don't critique the performance figures for drivers either who also have difficult conditions to work under.:dissapointed: If you got the crap beat out of you every working day for 20 years, you'd understandably be in rough shape too, despite the best doctors in the world.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
sortaisle,

It may not matter to you but it does matter.

You may want to direct your comments at the OP, he started the thread is apparently concerned about the state or the future state of the fleet.

Sincerely,
I
I'm not going to direct my comments to the OP because my comment is directed towards you. Are you trying to get a target painted on someones back by not following directions? These people are perfectly capable of informing the DOT of violations. These same people are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. If a manager tells them what to do, whether it's a pter or a full time shop sup, it doesn't matter. Follow directions. The fleet isn't going to be magically unsafe. Any unsafe concerns STILL GET WRITTEN UP AND FIXED if they are safety related. Again and for the last time, this is a non issue.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm a great guy to hang out with. I just don't appreciate insults on official DOT forms on equipment I have no choice to work with. I take pride in my work and I don't critique the performance figures for drivers either who also have difficult conditions to work under.:dissapointed: If you got the crap beat out of you every working day for 20 years, you'd understandably be in rough shape too, despite the best doctors in the world.

For probably 28 of my 34+ years at Parcel, I (we) had the same mechanic. I know just enough about the job to realize that the equipment he had to fix and the conditions he had to work on it that he was some kind of super-mechanic. Most of the time, for little stuff, I would just walk through his bay (didn't have a real shop) in the morning and mention what was wrong. I told him time after time that if he ever left and opened his own shop that I would be his first customer.

He finally retired after a bout of pneumonia brought on by lying on a concrete floor with little real heat.

​I always respected the h*ll out of you guys.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm not going to direct my comments to the OP because my comment is directed towards you. Are you trying to get a target painted on someones back by not following directions? These people are perfectly capable of informing the DOT of violations. These same people are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. If a manager tells them what to do, whether it's a pter or a full time shop sup, it doesn't matter. Follow directions. The fleet isn't going to be magically unsafe. Any unsafe concerns STILL GET WRITTEN UP AND FIXED if they are safety related. Again and for the last time, this is a non issue.
sortaisle,

Trying to get a target painted on someone's back? What on earth are you talking about.

Are you ok?

It is apparent that you like to verbally joust with Integrity.

Responding to the original discussion topic and thread, you might try it sometime.

Again and probably not for the last time knowing you, it is an issue and will stay an issue.

This is an internet forum, the issue is part of a thread started by someone other than you.

I appreciate that the op cares enough and takes pride in his job enough to at least want to discuss a poor decision that probably negatively impacts the quality of his work.

Sincerely,
I

browntruckmechanic

sortaisle,

Trying to get a target painted on someone's back? What on earth are you talking about.

Are you ok?

It is apparent that you like to verbally joust with Integrity.

Responding to the original discussion topic and thread, you might try it sometime.

Again and probably not for the last time knowing you, it is an issue and will stay an issue.

This is an internet forum, the issue is part of a thread started by someone other than you.

I appreciate that the op cares enough and takes pride in his job enough to at least want to discuss a poor decision that probably negatively impacts the quality of his work.

Sincerely,
I
Again I will state the obvious fact. You Sir are a *. Still trolling looking to start a fight with someone, over anything. How about never responding to any post that I make. Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Again I will state the obvious fact. You Sir are a *. Still trolling looking to start a fight with someone, over anything. How about never responding to any post that I make. Problem solved.
browntruckmechanic,

I agree with your assessment of sortaisle.

He often responds to responses I have made to original posts to do just that.

I don't know why he just doesn't engage in the discussion without trying to start fights.

I guess he is filling some sort of internal need by doing this, to each his own.

I just wanted you to know that I agreed with about him but I don't support insults or name calling and I try to avoid that type of behavior.

Sincerely,
I

browntruckmechanic

browntruckmechanic,

I agree with your assessment of Integrity

He often responds to responses I have made to original posts to do just that.

I don't know why he just doesn't engage in the discussion without trying to start fights.

I guess he is filling some sort of internal need by doing this, to each his own.

I just wanted you to know that I agreed with about him but I don't support insults or name calling and I try to avoid that type of behavior.

Sincerely,
I
You are a *

Last edited by a moderator:

browntruckmechanic

sortaisle,

My question was not directed at you but I appreciate your participation on the BC.

It may make little difference to you but not to me.

To it is very important what level of management are giving directives especially if they are questionable directives that should not be followed without challenge.

Sincerely,
I

From page 1

browntruckmechanic

It still doesn't matter I. He still has to work as directed. It could have been a pt sup. Either way, most buildings that have mechanic shops have a shop manager that relays emails they get from corporate. Since all of our directives come from an email and not from the brains of our own managers, it doesn't matter who said what. There's nothing terribly questionable about this anyways. Safety repairs get done. Other repairs that aren't safety related get scheduled to fix. It really isn't nothing new. The only thing that's changed is the mechanics can't do extra work on the truck that ISN'T on the DVIR. If they happen to see something safety related they fix it. If it's paint chips or a noisy fan, they schedule the work.

​from Page 1

browntruckmechanic

Integrity,
Again I will state to obvious fact.. You Sir are looking for a fight over something that neither matters to you or you should care about. I was stating an obvious flaw in Mngt decision making process. As since you are not an automotive type, this was a post that is mostly intended to the other mechanics. I read others post out of curiosity, only posting if I feel that I have something to add, not to anger folks. I try to be respectful, but there are those that seems to take this form a little to serious. Ie.... YOU...

Integrity

Binge Poster
browntruckmechanic,

The quotes you posted were my responses to sortailse's comments directed at me about the content of my response to your discussion thread.

The following is the quote from my original response to your discussion thread.

In what way was my original response an attempt to start a fight?

browntruckmechanic,

How were you informed?

Verbally from your supervisor or written PCM?

What level of management was this directive from?

Sincerely,
I

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity,
Again I will state to obvious fact.. You Sir are looking for a fight over something that neither matters to you or you should care about. I was stating an obvious flaw in Mngt decision making process. As since you are not an automotive type, this was a post that is mostly intended to the other mechanics. I read others post out of curiosity, only posting if I feel that I have something to add, not to anger folks. I try to be respectful, but there are those that seems to take this form a little to serious. Ie.... YOU...
browntruckmechanic,

How was it I and not sortaisle the one looking to start a fight?

How do you know I am not an automotive type?

Sincerely,
I