You express guys ready to be embarrassed?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by STFXG, Apr 6, 2015.

1. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

2. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Lol yeah just wait to see what your drivers thinks

3. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

4. Slick silver

Slick silver Active Member

Hah I laugh, I wonder how many of those won't be getting picked up by ground. Especially when you get a bunch right at 1600 for a 1700 close. I see FAILS coming a management yelling a contractors for failed service

5. Purplepackage

Wait until one of your guys finds out he's in an area that now gets 20-30 on calls a day, guess he will just have to speed more

6. Slick silver

Plus I do believe our call center people will still screw it up and we will be doing more pick ups on the express side. Habib still can't understand English lol

7. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

8. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Is that from 2010? Or that just the URL? Doesn't seem to be catching on if this is 5 years old. Sounds like the test areas of "ship and get" lockers, no one uses them so it never goes system wide. There's not too much demand for same day Ground pickups. If people want it, they're better off getting the contractor's number, better service and they don't have to pay the extra pickup charge on top of the per piece pickup charge.

9. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Guess that means we'll be fixing Ground's pup mistakes now too. Personally, I get 2-3 misdels that Express needs to fix monthly.

10. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

It's new. We had a meeting recently about it. A "heads up" meeting. Not sure when it will completely roll out.

11. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Are they offering additional compensation or just paying the regular stop charge? I'm guessing it'll take longer to roll out in ISP states, some guys still have 5 year deals that they don't have to change if they don't want to. This would be a change requiring renegotiation.

12. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

No numbers mentioned. I would guess it will cost the customer, like the evening delivery option, so they will throw us a coupe extra shekels.

Some kind of Customer Connection deal.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We charge $10 for an on call pickup.

14. Boulevard859710

Boulevard859710 Active Member

Nothing pisses me off more than to get one of those sons of bitches for an area I just left.

15. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Express charges four bucks per package for on calls, if I remember correctly. Could be more.

16. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

You are correct. I just asked a dispatcher today.

17. Purplepackage

I played that game today, leave an area get a pickup, go do the pickup then get a call for the same place again. I can't get enough of driving back and forth to the same place all day

18. Slick silver

Hate that, I have a stop like that also. I finally made them my last stop, so that I would be there till 1700 and clear out. They have a habit of calling in one minute before the cutoff time for the area before then. So many days of driving 15 min back across the city just for one package.

19. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Meh, I get paid by the hour. Call in as many times as you want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

We'll see how skillfully Ground drivers will be blowing off some of these PITA on calls. And yes it will happen.