You get 3 attempts!

rod

Retired 22 years
I believe all drivers secretly get a thrill out of RTSing a NM3 or a sig req NI3 --especially after the consignee has ignored delivery notices. (I would go as far as saying the driver might not even knock on the door as loud or long on the 3rd attempt----------hit and run)

raceanoncr

Hmpf! Started doing that over 30 yrs ago whilst in P/C.

One o those irritating "but wait, if you act now" ads on TV yrs ago attracted EVERYBODY on the area I had at the time, which was, uh, in, uh, an "undesirable" part of town. Every box, er, I mean, PARCEL, was COD. That's when we could accept everything, including your firstborn, as payment, but, of course, nobody here had a check, let alone a CHECKING ACCOUNT!!!

Being fairly new, I attempted 3 times. After many, many queries of, "Which Post Office will it be at?" and many other RTSs after 3 tries, it dawned on my rookie mind that NOBODY was gonna buy these pieces o crap, especially HERE!

Simply drove to add, stood in back, sheeted as "NI 1" on first day, "NI 2" on second day, "NI 3" on third day. RTS. Never seen it again til next goofy offer came out on TV, then did same thing.

Ironically, after getting into feeders soon thereafter, one of the first themporary jobs I had was delivering 4 stops out of a trailer, hand sheeting everything and one of those stops was all these RTSs. Don't remember how many but the figure 5-8 hundred a day comes to mind. Very popular item.

Just remembered. "CONVERTIBLE BAGS"!!! Anybody remember those?