you got paid

retired2000

ok,let settle this once and for all. here it is the payday after thanksgiving. who worked the day after and got paid and at what rate? straight time, time and a half, or double time.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
technically it was double time and a half.

your regular 8 hours holiday pay, plus overtime rate for any hours worked on that friday.

but it does vary from one area of the us to the next.

d

outta hours

In the southern region supplemental agreement we are paid 2x our hourly wage for all work performed on the day after Thanksgiving and New Years Eve. So in reality it is triple time factoring in the 8hrs. of straight time holiday pay we already receive for those days.

The confusing thing is we all work for the same employer,but get different pay rates,holidays,option days,seniority. Seems odd that all of these items are not universal to all of us.

sdf6hr2

union @ worldport get their guarantee hours in "holiday" pay and double time for anything worked... again, working out to triple time.

8 hours holliday pay and straight time top air rate for friday. Too bad they didn't pay most of us for it. I worked 10 hours and got nothing, oh well, I'm hoping to get a green check tomorrow. Atleast they paid us for saturday.

Billy

paid for the 8 hours holiday pay $28.52 x 8 = $228.16 plus time and a half for the 5 hours I got to work Friday 5 x $42.78 = $213.90 totaling $442.06 for 1 day. I could get use to that

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
16 hours x holiday pay
16 hours x vacation pay
same as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year..:happy-very:

hubsnake6

Well, I can tell you I have not been paid for Thanksgiving week. Not yet, at least. My full timer told me at the end of my shift this morning that he lost my check, will look for it, and worse comes to worst will have it re-issued and Saturday Air'ed to my house. What a fudging air load! That hazmat leaking son of a one-hunderd fifty pound irreg! I was out sick the week before we took the Holiday bonus with the flu, and now I'm down to pocket change.:angry:

This is not the first time, nor will it be the last. I have been on the inside for a year now, and I am beginning to wonder if I can stick it out in the long run, or if my UPS career, like so many others, will eventually die the death of a thousand hours cut.:sad-little:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Triple time @ 8hrs = $684.96 for the day, still think I should've stayed home Rod? Wife was glad I worked; and to top it off, I punched out at 1445 with 8 hrs.

browndude

technically it was double time and a half.

your regular 8 hours holiday pay, plus overtime rate for any hours worked on that friday.

but it does vary from one area of the us to the next.

d
here it was technically triple time. 8 hours holiday pay plus 10.12 hours at double time. easy work and dang good money.

ol'browneye

Let's see:
8 hrs @ $28.52 holiday pay=$228.16
8 hrs @ $28.52 vacation pay=$228.16
it was my option week so I worked that Friday at double time so
6.67 hrs @ $57.04=$380.45
for a grand total of $836.77!

and just think, I could have gone shopping on black Friday and spent that much!