You have got to be kidding me...

dezguy

So, in the latest video released by FedEx Canada, one of our fearless leaders, Lisa Lisson dropped this gem. For the rest of the year, our motto is "just take one more." Not even kidding about this one, they want us all to just "take one more."

I have never heard more laughter in our break room than when we all heard that. Do they really think us that stupid? How about, if you want me to do more work, you pay me more? Maybe their motto should be "just pay one dollar more"?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So, in the latest video released by FedEx Canada, one of our fearless leaders, Lisa Lisson dropped this gem. For the rest of the year, our motto is "just take one more." Not even kidding about this one, they want us all to just "take one more."

I have never heard more laughter in our break room than when we all heard that. Do they really think us that stupid? How about, if you want me to do more work, you pay me more? Maybe their motto should be "just pay one dollar more"?

At my station they have resorted to pleading with us to help the station meet its SPH goals and beat our return to building time by 15 minutes. Good for a laugh every time.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I think you may have misunderstood. What she actually said was "our motto is just take away one more" A mantra which is recited anew every day in Memphis - right after the Pledge of Allegiance to Fred.

whenIgetthere

Our district is getting hit with an ad hoc everyday for more than month, and told it will continue into the at least a couple more moths future. Today, my lates from the ad hoc were shuttled to me at 1700. Instead of take one more, how 'bout just getting the freight to us on time.

Whats in the Box

Our market is getting our 4 MEM/IND flights lates EVERY morning with the sun shining. Seriously, it's only an hour flight. This has resulted for the rest of the masses to call the "Weather" line, which I never do and come in to my start time as scheduled. I was calling in at first but was not getting my scheduled 10 hours as a 4x10 employee. I will clean my windshield waiting for the sort to start.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yeah, seems like the late freight is just rolled over to the next day. They're hoping shippers don't notice....oh they notice.
And yet management pulls the double standard card and will try to hang you if you have a late (especially an Apple) if it affects their precious reports or bonuses. Late freight seems to be a perfectly acceptable best practice to management these days.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And yet management pulls the double standard card and will try to hang you if you have a late (especially an Apple) if it affects their precious reports or bonuses. Late freight seems to be a perfectly acceptable best practice to management these days.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I've had late Apple and the drug company (can't remember the name). Nothing happened. What happens at your station if they are late?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've had late Apple and the drug company (can't remember the name). Nothing happened. What happens at your station if they are late?
Really depends on which way the wind is blowing. Usually an OLCC if MT3 starts threatening the managers. The next week it's a different hot button.

Sent using BrownCafe App

slappyhappy

One more Vicodin? I don't get it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sent using BrownCafe App

They send the multiple messages to cover their asses. Most of these originate from the Vatican in Memphis, where someone thinks that a PowerPad message telling you not to have Apple lates will ensure no Apple lates. Of course, when you get 3 or 4 more of the same type of message for different companies, it becomes totally laughable. Also note that if you're dumb enough to break route for a "priority customer", you've just screwed yourself on SPH.

Ignore the messages.

Doc Sorting Dude

Once I had an Apple shipment they wanted me to get del by 10:30. OK. I had to break route and deliver this tiny little Ipod box. In the meantime, I had 8 P1 letters to a Credit Union that I had to sacrifice service because of the detour. It's a manager's problem in my book.