You have got to be kidding me...

MAKAVELI

Once I had an Apple shipment they wanted me to get del by 10:30. OK. I had to break route and deliver this tiny little Ipod box. In the meantime, I had 8 P1 letters to a Credit Union that I had to sacrifice service because of the detour. It's a manager's problem in my book.
Exactly, just cover yourself by sending dispatch and even your manager a message that you will have lates. Put the responsibility on them.

dezguy

Once I had an Apple shipment they wanted me to get del by 10:30. OK. I had to break route and deliver this tiny little Ipod box. In the meantime, I had 8 P1 letters to a Credit Union that I had to sacrifice service because of the detour. It's a manager's problem in my book.

I once had a delivery to a customer but the customer was closed because of a power outage. I code it and continue on my way. 2 hours later I get a message from my manager telling me I have to go back and make the delivery because they are an important customer. I inform him of the situation and asked if they called in requesting another attempt. He says it doesn't matter and I have to go back. This is a rural route that has 300 km of driving a day so I tell him I'm going to have to burn 10 stops to get back. He ok's it and I head back. I get there and they're still closed. By this point I don't have time to go back out as I'm supposed to be back at sta in ten minutes. So basically I burned 10 stops to get back to a stop that wasn't even open. Just another day at FedEx Express.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I once had a delivery to a customer but the customer was closed because of a power outage. I code it and continue on my way. 2 hours later I get a message from my manager telling me I have to go back and make the delivery because they are an important customer. I inform him of the situation and asked if they called in requesting another attempt. He says it doesn't matter and I have to go back. This is a rural route that has 300 km of driving a day so I tell him I'm going to have to burn 10 stops to get back. He ok's it and I head back. I get there and they're still closed. By this point I don't have time to go back out as I'm supposed to be back at sta in ten minutes. So basically I burned 10 stops to get back to a stop that wasn't even open. Just another day at FedEx Express.
Next time don't leave a door tag. Keep it with you and rescan it along with the package later at your convenice. The managers only care about another electronic scan so they look good. They couldn't care less about a satisfied customer.

dezguy

Next time don't leave a door tag. Keep it with you and rescan it along with the package later at your convenice. The managers only care about another electronic scan so they look good. They couldn't care less about a satisfied customer.

It wouldn't have mattered. HQ was tracking the shipments to this customer and would have called my manager (probably did) anyways.

No skin off my teeth. I used to feel horrible for people not getting their packages when they were supposed to but year after year, I started to realize that 99% of the time, it wasn't my fault that people weren't getting their stuff. Management wants me to burn packages, I'm at their service. It's not my call so I don't stress about it.

CJinx

That's a huge integrity issue

hypo hanna

It wouldn't have mattered. HQ was tracking the shipments to this customer and would have called my manager (probably did) anyways.

No skin off my teeth. I used to feel horrible for people not getting their packages when they were supposed to but year after year, I started to realize that 99% of the time, it wasn't my fault that people weren't getting their stuff. Management wants me to burn packages, I'm at their service. It's not my call so I don't stress about it.
Correct, door tag would not have mattered. It's an automatic algorithm that searches for DEX08 business stops. Dispatchers are tasked with checking reports regularly and notifying drivers to reattempt. Then It searches again to see if it indeed was reattempted. Something similar happens with bad address DEX03's.

!Retired!

Falsification is a good way to guarantee a job with the state...AKA unemployment.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Funny, this company was FOUNDED on falsification...

....and yet they're so darn touchy when we do it......unless it somehow benefits them of course.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

....and yet they're so darn touchy when we do it......unless it somehow benefits them of course.

Yes, our founder was (and is) a pillar of integrity. He's actually a towering pillar of something else.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
FedEx Ground falsifies customer signatures, while contractors turn a blind eye. I know that for a fact.

Sent using BrownCafe App

!Retired!

So?
FedEx Ground falsifies customer signatures, while contractors turn a blind eye. I know that for a fact.

Sent using BrownCafe App
FedEx Ground, contractors or drivers ?
I'll go along with that.

But there have been some instances where it's been done and they've gotten away with it.
And I know more than 1 courier that has been fired for falsification.