You have got to be kidding me...

hypo hanna

Heck of a lot more than that get away with it or get a mild hand slap.
Depends on who you are and how much they want to keep you around. Why risk it? Send dispatch a message, put it on record, cover your butt and work as directed. Don't give them the satisfaction of firing you over something stupid and denying you unemployment benefits.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Depends on who you are and how much they want to keep you around. Why risk it? Send dispatch a message, put it on record, cover your butt and work as directed. Don't give them the satisfaction of firing you over something stupid and denying you unemployment benefits.

I agree. WAD, and do it exactly by the book, even if it's stupid. Always tag the door, and go back 7 times if your manager tells you to do so. The fallout is their issue, not yours.

P

prodriver

Heck of a lot more than that get away with it or get a mild hand slap.

If caught falsifying at ground you will get terminated I've seen a couple get the ax for it, one did it for a everyday customer he thought he was doing her a favor after the mix up there was no explaining gone the next day. I'm sure there are some who do it and get away with it, its not worth it to me.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
How am I supposed to respond to that?

Not saying falsifying is a wise idea, just pointing out the irony of it all. Every time I see someone "go out the door" due to some falsification charge, I think they should be congratulated and bestowed with the friend.W. Smith Achievement Award (more commonly known as The Purple Weasel), rather than a pink slip.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just to put things into perspective, falsification is not a good idea and no I never forged a customers signature. On my route I've seen numerous packages from Ground released at residentials such as computers, (some left out in the rain) alcohol shipments, medicine that was clearly marked DSR, ammunition etc. Maybe they've tightened the screws on this sort of thing lately but it certainly isn't a rare occurrence.

!Retired!

Funny, this company was FOUNDED on falsification...
My 'So?' response was to this post. Personally I could care less how the company started. Does it bother you?

I don't care if my whole station was falsifying. That doesn't mean I have the right to do so also. About 10 years ago in my last station, my manager asked me to release a package going to a VP's 'getaway' house even though it was DSR. Nobody was home and I couldn't find a ranchhand. I tagged the house and brought the package back.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If caught falsifying at ground you will get terminated I've seen a couple get the ax for it, one did it for a everyday customer he thought he was doing her a favor after the mix up there was no explaining gone the next day. I'm sure there are some who do it and get away with it, its not worth it to me.

I have a friend at Express who has gotten away with murder for years, she almost always releases everything. She also calls me Miss By-the-Book, and hates when I cover her route. Yep, that's me. FedEx will have to look long and hard to ever find something to fire me on. Definitely won't be falsification.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
My 'So?' response was to this post. Personally I could care less how the company started. Does it bother you?
Actually I myself couldn't care less at all. Since you could care less then that obviously means you must care at least somewhat ....right?

Again, I'm pointing out what I consider to be just a bit ironic. If I falsify I'm in grave danger of losing a job I wouldn't have in the first place had it not been for some pretty creative falsification on employee #1's part.
Meant only as an absurd observation - not to be taken seriously or over analyzed.

DontThrowPackages

They send the multiple messages to cover their asses. Most of these originate from the Vatican in Memphis, where someone thinks that a PowerPad message telling you not to have Apple lates will ensure no Apple lates. Of course, when you get 3 or 4 more of the same type of message for different companies, it becomes totally laughable. Also note that if you're dumb enough to break route for a "priority customer", you've just screwed yourself on SPH.

Ignore the messages.
Not to mention going against DRA

DontThrowPackages

FedEx Ground falsifies customer signatures, while contractors turn a blind eye. I know that for a fact.

Sent using BrownCafe App
True. I know of a customer who makes ground deliver to the front door because in the past the driver would dump at the back, sign and leave to save time. Well a package went missing and the person who "Signed" that day was off. So they put two and two together and now deliveries at the front for GD

STFXG

True. I know of a customer who makes ground deliver to the front door because in the past the driver would dump at the back, sign and leave to save time. Well a package went missing and the person who "Signed" that day was off. So they put two and two together and now deliveries at the front for GD

So they got a new driver, right? Because that forgery would be immediate disqualification.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DontThrowPackages

So they got a new driver, right? Because that forgery would be immediate disqualification.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That skinny Mexican kid is no longer there but I don't believe because of what happened, unless it just takes GD 2 months to perform an investigation that is.