You know it's peak when...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I was still working and the last 8-9 years, peak was actually easier for me. The first 4/5 of my job was the same, but the last leg, pre-peak, I would go to an extended center, drop my load and shift for an hour and put their sunrise lineup in. 3 weeks before peak, they would back their Pt shifter's start time 2 hours or so. He would be putting the lineup in already. Instead of going back to the building and punching out, they had enough volumn to load another trailer for another building about 30 miles away. I'd take that and bring an MT back to the yard. Time wise, it was about the same, minus 10-15 moves in a yard dog. When I get back to the building 3-4am, there was always a shortage of tractors, so I rarely went back out. The guy who I shared tractors with was usually walking to the fuel pump when I got there.

novadriver

When you wake up 3 times a night, because of nightmares of a bricked out rental truck with pkgs spread everywhere and 250 stops to go

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When you wake up 3 times a night, because of nightmares of a bricked out rental truck with pkgs spread everywhere and 250 stops to go
I don't get the nightmares people?

It still comes off 1 stop at a time. They still only have me for 14 hours tops. I still work at the same pace and it's still on them if it all doesn't get delivered.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When you have to park in a field and get to work early, just to get to your diad on time.....
When they send you a helper when you dont need one, and someone to take stops when you dont need them to...yet when you do need help you are a lonely voice in the dark.
When there are so many new faces you thought you went to a new building.
When no one bit**** about the numbers, even when some are running 4 hours late...(not me) Im only 3.