You know it's time when...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You know it's time to clean out your tote when...you find an apple in there from May. How the apple stayed in the back of that hot truck since May without rotting and stinking is beyond me.

I had some fun with it though. The LP guys were walking up and down the line as we were returning to building tonight and was peering into the truck next to mine when I found the apple. I went over to him and said "I found an apple product in my tote." His eyes lit up and he tripped over his own feet going too fast into my truck. When he got to the tote and saw the 4 month old apple on top he said,"You're such a bastard" and hung his head as he retreated from my truck. I couldn't stop laughing until I got out to the parking lot.

A guy I work with who has over 35 years in said he hasn't cleaned out his tote in over a decade and has no clue what's in the bottom half.

Do you keep a tote in the back of your truck and when was the last time you cleaned it out?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You know it's time to clean out your tote when...you find an apple in there from May. How the apple stayed in the back of that hot truck since May without rotting and stinking is beyond me.

I had some fun with it though. The LP guys were walking up and down the line as we were returning to building tonight and was peering into the truck next to mine when I found the apple. I went over to him and said "I found an apple product in my tote." His eyes lit up and he tripped over his own feet going too fast into my truck. When he got to the tote and saw the 4 month old apple on top he said,"You're such a bastard" and hung his head as he retreated from my truck. I couldn't stop laughing until I got out to the parking lot.

A guy I work with who has over 35 years in said he hasn't cleaned out his tote in over a decade and has no clue what's in the bottom half.

Do you keep a tote in the back of your truck and when was the last time you cleaned it out?
Okay, I'll bite...how do you know the apple was from May? I can't remember what I ate for breakfast on Wed...lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Okay, I'll bite...how do you know the apple was from May? I can't remember what I ate for breakfast on Wed...lol
Sadly...because I've been eating like crap all summer and that was the last time I brought something healthy to work. It's been sandwiches, chips, etc. No fruit since the last week of May when it started getting warmer.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sadly...because I've been eating like crap all summer and that was the last time I brought something healthy to work. It's been sandwiches, chips, etc. No fruit since the last week of May when it started getting warmer.
I like fruit....weird it didn't rot in 4 months though.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I clean my tote out every night. The only things I keep in there permanently are tire chains, bungee cords, a tape gun, a tow strap and a box of dog biscuits. Anything else gets tossed in the trash when I fuel up. I cant stand clutter and I keep my truck stripped out of everything but the bare essentials.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

I heard the other day our LP guy was going through the employee parking lot looking into employees cars. Rode the bike that day or he could just open up the door on the Ranger and look because I never lock it. He would find a bunch of brown pens and a pad or two of delivery notices.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I clean my tote out every night. The only things I keep in there permanently are tire chains, bungee cords, a tape gun, a tow strap and a box of dog biscuits. Anything else gets tossed in the trash when I fuel up. I cant stand clutter and I keep my truck stripped out of everything but the bare essentials.
I have a change of browns in there just in case...that takes up about half my tote, but I have a lot of stuff in there.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That's exactly why I don't keep a tote in the truck. I just got 1 of those plastic boxes that comes in and out like a droor to keep all my supplies in. Those totes get so dirty and nasty from all that dam dust and dirt flying around all the time. I know im ocd and a clean freak, cant help it lol.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Most feeder drivers carry a bag of some kind to their tractors every day/night. I carried a craftsman canvas tool bag. Some good things to have in it are electrical tape, bungees, 7/16 wrench for mirror brackets, 3/4 wrench for glad hands, spare marker lights, air diaphrams for inside your glad hands, coaxes, am/fm antennas, a leatherman multi tool, etc. There was stuff in the bottom of my bag that had been in there 25+ years. haha still have mine. It's in the garage, still full of "stuff" Never carried food in there tho. the food went in a "feeder lunch kit" a 5 plastic bucket. :biggrin:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Most feeder drivers carry a bag of some kind to their tractors every day/night. I carried a craftsman canvas tool bag. Some good things to have in it are electrical tape, bungees, 7/16 wrench for mirror brackets, 3/4 wrench for glad hands, spare marker lights, air diaphrams for inside your glad hands, coaxes, am/fm antennas, a leatherman multi tool, etc. There was stuff in the bottom of my bag that had been in there 25+ years. haha still have mine. It's in the garage, still full of "stuff" Never carried food in there tho. the food went in a "feeder lunch kit" a 5 plastic bucket. :biggrin:
images-1.jpeg
Feeder lunch bucket?? lol