You know what I hate about UPS?

upser_J

They're constantly looking for someone to blame. And everyone is so afraid of taking the blame that the buck starts getting passed and fingers start being pointed. It really is insane. I have seen the nicest people turn into paranoid, liers... People who you thought were friendly turn into backstabbing jerks.
Sadly I went the other route. I am trying to get away with the least amount of responsibility possible. I started out my "career" so good too. I am a p/t sup that was on the fast track to friend/t and something in me just had enough. If it weren't for me needing the insurance for my family, and liking the night time hours that I work, I would have been gone. I actually should go because I'm way too honest for that job. And I care about people, two qualities you need to not have in order to be a successful managment person at UPS. I should have stayed an hourly.
This whole rant is one reason to love having a union! As long as I come to work on time, don't steal or lie, i don't have to give a rat's ass if my area made production or care if my work is being compared to another guys work. I come in, work my best and hardest, give them my fair day's work, and thats that. And any other hourly that asks me why I never became a supervisor, thats the reason I give them... well that and I make almost twice an hour what the sups do!

upser_J

I hate when I'm "next up" on call all day. Can't start doing anything, although the best way to get a work call is to start doing something. I hate when I hear someone from management say "It's all about the numbers". Usually means someone is getting hosed. I hate when I hear someone is getting charged with an accident when it is clearly an incident, (to everyone that has common sense). And I really hate when I hear guys that are making 100k a year to drive a truck b#tch about their job, (if you were anywhere but here you would be making half the money for quadruple the b##l##it).
well the negotiators for UPS think we should make that amount too. and if we didn't bitch, we'd turn into a postal worker!! and we've all heard the stories!
:gun_banda:surprised:......

A

anonymous6

Another thing I really hate is all the respect we receive from the rest of the world. That's kinda hard to take sometimes.

helenofcalifornia

And envy from other package delivery people. You make how much?? And get how many weeks of vacation? 9 sick days every year??

Beats me why Fedex drivers aren't beating down the doors of the Teamsters to become union employees.

raceanoncr

And envy from other package delivery people. You make how much?? And get how many weeks of vacation? 9 sick days every year??

Beats me why Fedex drivers aren't beating down the doors of the Teamsters to become union employees.

Hmph...that's funny, helen. One time while on sleeper break down at a truckstop, company or owner/operator, can't remember which, asked us what we made, "About $40,000?". My driving partner told him it was in the six (6) figures...EACH! I'll never forget the sound of his jaw hitting the concrete floor!!!!

broncobros1

What i hate is the $30 an hr. $45 an hr OT, 6 weeks of vacation, 18 paid days for sick leave and holidays, another $12-15 an hr in bennies, excellent safe equipment, safety training, world class driver training....the list goes on and on.

it's a real drag , man.

I think he's referring to the "dark side"...

brownrodster

I drove the freighliner back to the its building while waiting on the final scores in the competition. Very nice ride. Lot of nice features. Automatic, low step, roomy cab, turn signal makes a beeping noise so you don't leave it on too long. Feels like the transmission has some type of "jake brake" affect that slows the car up when you let off the gas going down hill. I was impressed big change from the 500 and 600's I drove when i delivered. Though I did love the rounded body styling of the 600's.

The new trucks are great. Our center is about 99% new trucks. It really does make the job a lot more tolerable. They are also safer and more productive than the old trucks. I am very thankful that I don't have to drove those old crappy trucks anymore.