You Mean You Can't Call A Supervisor A Effing Moron?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by anonymous6, Jan 22, 2013.

1. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

Ref. news about Hourly getting job back after being fired for calling a supervisor a "Moron"

well, what can you call him?

A center manager , in front of witnesses said I was "Effing the co. when I did not answer my phone when I was on relief. I called them every morning and every evening asking for work and when they did not have any I worked for someone else.

I have been called a liar ( not that word ) at least 3 times in my career.

When I was on FMLA when my wife had her first stroke I was told by a top manager that " I needed to get my priorities straight " since they needed me so bad in feeder one winter.

I was called a "slacker " ( again not that word ) because I called in sick last year 5 times during the whole calender year.

mangement is well versed in calling hourlies names in politically correct terms. maybe we should come up for some like terms for effing moron, a-hole and a few other choice monikers.

how about it? what kind of pc speech has been used on you?

2. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

When I worked in the outbound, I was called "belt poison." I thought it was the best thing ever - I almost got t-shirts printed up.

They don't really say things like that about me in ear shot anymore. :sad-little:

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Lol, that's awesome!

4. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Definitely funnier than the time my Division Manager said, "I'm going to have someone do OJS observations on you until you're terminated."

5. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

I try not to use foul language but I have been known to think of someone as a "donkey orifice".

6. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

How about instead of "crazy", you say "psychologically diverse"? Or "intellectually challenged" instead of "stupid", "moron", ":censored2:", etc.?

7. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I used to call management out on their BS in front of the work group during the morning PCM's.

Now for the most part I just keep my mouth shut. It is pointless to get angry at a puppet, and my coworkers are smart enough to figure out the BS on their own. The sooner the PCM is over, the better.

8. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Or how about calling your supe simple jack?

9. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

Or, in the case of a woman, instead of ":censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:" you can just say she Can't Understand Normal Thinking. I've always like that one. :happy-very:

10. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Just don't go full retard.

11. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Bingo!!!

12. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

We all know how UPS likes their acronyms.

13. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

Fortunately, my brother brought it back with him from the Marine Corps and it stuck with me after I first heard it. A lot of my co-workers do like it, though....

14. midwest brown

midwest brown Member

Priceless

15. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

I'm curious as to why anyone would risk the "unprofessional" tag or retaliate and put themselves on the same level. While I believe they're morons etc etc etc, I'll continue to treat them professionally. It drives some of them crazy too. They're just looking for a fight. I won't give them the satisfaction. I'm pretty good at ignoring ignorance. Ask my ex-wife. :wink2:

16. undies

undies Active Member

My new years resolution was to stop antagonizing management, it's so very hard for me. I have a witty remark to just about everything they say. Try agreeing with them on everything and give non-commital responses such as, "I'll try my best". Gosh darn it, sometimes your best just isn't good enough, that's life!

17. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

You Sir, and I,, have figured this game out. Why argue with a puppet

18. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

might earn a spot on the Special High Intensity Training list.

19. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

I have a face I use (slightly furrowed brow, head cocked, tiny head nod) which conveys rapt attention to whomever is talking to me.

Whether they're disciplining me, congratulating me, giving me the 'atta-boy', calling me a ----ing -----bag or a ----ing moron, I use the same face.

I've found the best way to piss idiots off is to use this face, agree with whatever idiot thing they're talking about, and make the conversation as short as possible.

I would love to go 'full-retard', but it's almost more satisfying to go full-robot.

20. serenity now

serenity now Guest

if you argue with an idiot, what does that make you.........