You need to take more days off when...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Sep 26, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I didn't really realize it until today but I very rarely take days off. I took yesterday off and today I came into every SINGLE business and a few residentials all saying the same thing...We hate it when you're not here.
    Most of the other guys in my building take dead days pretty often and burn their time up by the end of summer, but I think this is the first day I've taken since our time reset May 1.

Was flattering at first to hear all that, then somewhat funny....then got old about 2 hours into the day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Good, you should be proud of yourself. Sadly, the company doesn't even care.

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Our days reset May first also...I've only used 2 days so far. I can't imagine burning up all my time off by September though. Next May is a
    a looong way off! lol

4. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I can always tell when the swing driver covering my route does a good job. My customers will ask about my time off rather than say "do you know what so and so did?"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I've taken a ton of time off the last couple months. I'm actually pretty disappointed in myself. I know of a few centers that they are pretty much begging drivers to take off because they have hired so many extra drivers. Feb March April should be interesting.

So many drivers are talking about how it just doesn't make sense. We are asking 20% of the drivers to take dead days but working others 11-12 hours.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Your dog bites you(cause he doesnt know who you are)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I took yesterday off and still have two sick days and a week of vacation to use before the end of the year.

8. Im taking off next week. Lookout New York, Ivan G is on his way!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Future

Future Well-Known Member

You going 2 the Big City?

10. Hell no, Finger Lakes.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Upstate!

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Our also reset 5/1. I only used 2 sick days so far so i still have 3 sick and 5 personal left. I may save those personals until March and take an extra week off before my actual vacation at the end of March.
    One of our other drivers actually has the nerve to tell me that he works more than I do yet he was out of his sick/personal days in the first 2 months. And then he takes all 6 of his weeks in the summer too. I hardly ever miss work unless my kids are sick. Long gone are golf days off.

13. Our sick days reset May 1st,we can carry them over. Our personal days,reset January 1st.

if you dont use them,you get paid off.

14. bleedinbrown58

You swinging by for a beer on your way? ;)

15. bleedinbrown58

In my local at least...new PTers only get 2 sick days a year!

16. Thats a pretty far,swing.

17. bleedinbrown58

No kidding...Alright...I'll meet you both at that Arby's...I'll buy...lol

18. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Ours reset in January, I haven't had any since July lol. Having a child means many doctors appointments and such, hoping I can carry some further into the year in 2015

19. bleedinbrown58

I hear ya. I was referring to guys who take dead days and burn up their time. I'd love to do that..but too many days off, I start to get lazy! I still have 5 outta my 6 personals left...I want to carry them over and take an extra week off in March or April.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I WISH we could roll days over in my local, but that is not an option :(