You need to take more days off when...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I didn't really realize it until today but I very rarely take days off. I took yesterday off and today I came into every SINGLE business and a few residentials all saying the same thing...We hate it when you're not here.
Most of the other guys in my building take dead days pretty often and burn their time up by the end of summer, but I think this is the first day I've taken since our time reset May 1.

Was flattering at first to hear all that, then somewhat funny....then got old about 2 hours into the day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I didn't really realize it until today but I very rarely take days off. I took yesterday off and today I came into every SINGLE business and a few residentials all saying the same thing...We hate it when you're not here.
Most of the other guys in my building take dead days pretty often and burn their time up by the end of summer, but I think this is the first day I've taken since our time reset May 1.

Was flattering at first to hear all that, then somewhat funny....then got old about 2 hours into the day.
Our days reset May first also...I've only used 2 days so far. I can't imagine burning up all my time off by September though. Next May is a
a looong way off! lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I can always tell when the swing driver covering my route does a good job. My customers will ask about my time off rather than say "do you know what so and so did?"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've taken a ton of time off the last couple months. I'm actually pretty disappointed in myself. I know of a few centers that they are pretty much begging drivers to take off because they have hired so many extra drivers. Feb March April should be interesting.

So many drivers are talking about how it just doesn't make sense. We are asking 20% of the drivers to take dead days but working others 11-12 hours.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Our also reset 5/1. I only used 2 sick days so far so i still have 3 sick and 5 personal left. I may save those personals until March and take an extra week off before my actual vacation at the end of March.
One of our other drivers actually has the nerve to tell me that he works more than I do yet he was out of his sick/personal days in the first 2 months. And then he takes all 6 of his weeks in the summer too. I hardly ever miss work unless my kids are sick. Long gone are golf days off.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Our days reset May first also...I've only used 2 days so far. I can't imagine burning up all my time off by September though. Next May is a
a looong way off! lol

Ours reset in January, I haven't had any since July lol. Having a child means many doctors appointments and such, hoping I can carry some further into the year in 2015

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ours reset in January, I haven't had any since July lol. Having a child means many doctors appointments and such, hoping I can carry some further into the year in 2015
I hear ya. I was referring to guys who take dead days and burn up their time. I'd love to do that..but too many days off, I start to get lazy! I still have 5 outta my 6 personals left...I want to carry them over and take an extra week off in March or April.