You should be ashamed of yourself!!

Loyal Teamster

To those who didn't vote.... According to the official ups teamster website ONLY 35 percent of us teamsters returned the ballots before the other 3 locals are collected. Everyone is entitled to your own opinion on how you chose to vote. I personally voted no. If you voted yes, it was your right to, the same goes to the no voters. I just don't understand how somebody could be so lazy and not vote. All you had to do is check the box you chose and placed the cards back into 2 envelopes. It was prepaid as well!! It wouldn't have cost you a penny. Whenever the total is counted and it doesn't come out the way you wanted... Blame yourself!! You had a chance to change an outcome.

If you did vote yes/no, then thank you for being a brother/sister and having a voice.

If Teamsters & UPS wanted more people to vote, they wouldn't have made the ballot so difficult to understand and inconvenient. I got confused with the tear here part, are we supposed to mail in three different envelopes? i only received one. Plus having to Search for an USPS drop box and risk loosing our vote in the USPS mailing system is also an inconvenience. should be a ballot drop box @ the hub. Voting should also be held @ our Hubs.

You'd think with sooo much technology, voting would be done online instead

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

If Teamsters & UPS wanted more people to vote, they wouldn't have made the ballot so difficult to understand and inconvenient. I got confused with the tear here part, are we supposed to mail in three different envelopes? i only received one. Plus having to Search for an USPS drop box and risk loosing our vote in the USPS mailing system is also an inconvenience. should be a ballot drop box @ the hub. Voting should also be held @ our Hubs.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster
Dear God.....................I hope that was a bad attempt at a joke%&*&&^%$#

Loyal Teamster

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

​Electronic chads

over9five

Staff member
39040323.jpg

JDAM00

It's because the PTers have better things to do. Like fantasize about LeBron James and the Miami Heat.

Employment profiling.... cheap shot. I'm a part timer and I did 3 days of research, when my ballot came it was stamped and in the mailbox the same day.

And Lebrun James is a bum.

JDAM00

UPS has taught the new wave of PTers not to care pretty well it seems.

What UPS had taught me, is that our union isn't as strong as it used to be, and if they want, they can bully us. They have been, our PT steward stepped down 4 months ago, and our full time steward stepped down 2 months ago. He was a hero, didn't give a damn about anything would go into managements office and let them know what's up. We now have no representation. General Consensus = delegate in bed with management.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Employment profiling.... cheap shot. I'm a part timer and I did 3 days of research, when my ballot came it was stamped and in the mailbox the same day.

What UPS had taught me, is that our union isn't as strong as it used to be, and if they want, they can bully us. They have been, our PT steward stepped down 4 months ago, and our full time steward stepped down 2 months ago. He was a hero, didn't give a damn about anything would go into managements office and let them know what's up. We now have no representation. General Consensus = delegate in bed with management.

People profile for a reason. I'm also PT, and I spoke with hundreds of PTers within my facility encouraging them to vote, but it was obvious most were more interested in LeBron James. If the number I'm hearing for my local is indeed accurate, if every PTer within my Preload voted, it would constitute 60% of my locals votes (and would also mean many voted YES, which is unlikely). The actual vote return was probably less than 5%. Absolutely pathetic.

And it's hard to convince me our union isn't strong when the average FT, performing menial work, will be earning $94,000/year with no-cost health & welfare benefits. That's beyond the average income of somebody with an M.B.A., and is absolutely baffling. What happened is that the PTers choose once again to not get involved, so the union was forced to design a contract the incumbent FTers would pass - using PTers to subsidize the FT wage yet again.

Daniel Griffith

...since when?

Since when has been UPS's responsibility to "accommodate" Union activity? That is why you pay your union dues. If you don't like the voting process express your complaint the Brotherhood, not a forum.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
People profile for a reason. I'm also PT, and I spoke with hundreds of PTers within my facility encouraging them to vote, but it was obvious most were more interested in LeBron James. If the number I'm hearing for my local is indeed accurate, if every PTer within my Preload voted, it would constitute 60% of my locals votes (and would also mean many voted YES, which is unlikely). The actual vote return was probably less than 5%. Absolutely pathetic.

And it's hard to convince me our union isn't strong when the average FT, performing menial work, will be earning $94,000/year with no-cost health & welfare benefits. That's beyond the average income of somebody with an M.B.A., and is absolutely baffling. What happened is that the PTers choose once again to not get involved, so the union was

forced to design a contract the incumbent FTers would pass - using PTers to subsidize the FT wage yet again.

Yup.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
So what does the union do for its members with regards to "unity". It seems like everyone is not getting the unity message or it is an outdated philosophy for the current generation.

Notcool

Im part time I voted NO. Problem is most pters dont even realize a new contract is being voted on or whats in it. Only way I keep informed is because of this forum. Plus I get so much UPS mail unless your looking out for the ballot most ended up in the trash without even seeing what it was.

HBGPreloader

Heck the POTUS only received the support of ~30% of eligible voters, why should we think voting for this contract would be any different?