You show em who is boss Obama

tourists24

Show em we only need two branches of government now. Who cares what a judge rules? It was politically motivated. Who needs a stinkin judicial system anyway? :)

We're getting Obamacare no matter what

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama Adviser Valerie Jarret Asks Waiter For Glass of Wine. News: It Wasn’t a Waiter, It Was a Uniformed General…

(Daily Caller)
During an exclusive dinner hosted Monday by the Alfalfa Club.Obama adviser Valerie Jarret was seated at the head table along with several other big-name politicians and a handful of high-ranking military officials. As an officer sporting several stars walked past Jarrett, she signaled for his attention and said, “I’d like another glass of wine.”
White House economic adviser Austan Goolsbee, who was seated next to Jarret, began “cracking up nervously,” our tipster said, but no one pointed out to Jarrett that the man sporting a chestful of medals was not her waiter.
“The guy dutifully went up and got her a glass of wine, and then came back and gave it to her and took a seat at the table,” our tipster said. “Everyone is in tuxedos and gowns at this thing, but the military people are in full dress uniform.”
“There was no shortage of waiters either,” the tipster added.

satellitedriver

He will be gone in two years and the fight/ discussion will continue after him.
Remember Hillary's nation health care program, as first lady?

This, so called, plan is just another Baby Ruth bar in the political punch bowl.

bbsam

Staff member
Show em we only need two branches of government now. Who cares what a judge rules? It was politically motivated. Who needs a stinkin judicial system anyway? :)

We're getting Obamacare no matter what
Well, now, that's why we have a Supreme Court, no? But that's not really a soothing thought, is it? What SC is going to scale back it's wide-ranging interpretation of the Commerce Clause or significantly hinder the imposition of a tax passed by the elected congress?

tourists24

What will really be interesting is if the SC doesnt hear the case. Will the administration abide by the court decision? The whole thing has just been ruled unconstitutional. But they dont seem to care. They plan on continuing no matter what. Arent you supposed to abide by a court's ruling? Yes there is the appeal process, but until then shouldnt the order be followed? Is the white house above our judicial system?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama's from Chicago....don't they just pay for the outcome they want from the courts?....Rahm probably did.

wkmac

Well, now, that's why we have a Supreme Court, no? But that's not really a soothing thought, is it? What SC is going to scale back it's wide-ranging interpretation of the Commerce Clause or significantly hinder the imposition of a tax passed by the elected congress?

According to Charles Schumer, SCOTUS is no longer a part of the 3 branches of gov't so it seems they don't matter anymore.

[video=youtube;M7vjNF1dU7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7vjNF1dU7I&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What will really be interesting is if the SC doesnt hear the case. Will the administration abide by the court decision? The whole thing has just been ruled unconstitutional. But they dont seem to care. They plan on continuing no matter what. Arent you supposed to abide by a court's ruling? Yes there is the appeal process, but until then shouldnt the order be followed? Is the white house above our judicial system?
SCOTUS will eventually hear the case, I really don't think there's any doubt about that. I believe it will have to work it's way through the circuit courts first.

bbsam

Staff member
It only takes four justices to decide to hear the case. The "liberal" wing of the court should be able to muster that. Barring a favorable decision, could always uses "Executive Orders". Seems like that's how administrations do things when they can't get what they want any other way.

bbsam

Staff member
Obama's from Chicago....don't they just pay for the outcome they want from the courts?....Rahm probably did.

See above post. Executive orders are a cheaper way of doing business, and yes, R's and D's alike play the same game.

island1fox

Some interesting analysis at Volokh Conspiracy from guys who probably understand constitutional law better than we do.
Ilya Somin in support of Judge Vinson.

Orin Kerr taking the opposite view.

Jones,
What is truly interesting during the Democrat Primary in the Presidential election it was Hillary's Idea that the people should be forced to buy Health Insurance.
It was Obama the constitutional scholar that claimed we could not do this --in the Federal judges opinion this has come back to bite the President.:wink2:

leastbest

LeastBest
We need national health care in this country. We need it for everyone. How many signs do you see plastered on businesses asking for donations for some poor person who has cancer or a kid who is sick. We are the richest nation in the world. We can afford it.

People on this board rally against communism and talk about capitalism but raw capitalism created child labor, horrible hours and terrible working conditions. Read about the Ludlow Massacre, The Thibodaux Massacre, The Homestead Strike, Cripple Creek, The Centralia Massacre and many more.

All companies care about is taking care of the shareholders. Capitalism is about making money. Read some labor history and understand what you are talking about. Social Security isn't in trouble, it is solvent for years to come. Medicare works. Older people lead lives of dignity because of social security and medicare

Randy
www.leastbest.com

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
He will be gone in two years and the fight/ discussion will continue after him.
Remember Hillary's nation health care program, as first lady?

This, so called, plan is just another Baby Ruth bar in the political punch bowl.

Well he's got my vote for one more term. If he were to be re-elected perhaps some of these narrow-minded, single-vision McCain/Palin, Bush, Bush, Reagan, lovers would give him 1/4 a chance b/c he does have some good ideas. Or since they won't support THEIR LEADER and have their thermometer up the rest of the world's butt they can come up with a better solution. Hey, why don't they all move out west where [name deleted due to TOS] is, and the rest of us will stay.....OH YEAH we already tried that! Well, we could build a wall (and y'all can HAVE Texas btw). Wait, no that didn't work in Germany, probably won't here either? I guess everyone will have to give up something, 'cause it ain't never gonna go all one way or the other. I make mistakes and certainly have a lot of growing to do, but sometimes ppl's ignorance & immaturity stuns me.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well he's got my vote for one more term. If he were to be re-elected perhaps some of these narrow-minded, single-vision McCain/Palin, Bush, Bush, Reagan, lovers would give him 1/4 a chance b/c he does have some good ideas. Or since they won't support THEIR LEADER and have their thermometer up the rest of the world's butt they can come up with a better solution. Hey, why don't they all move out west where [name deleted due to TOS] is, and the rest of us will stay.....OH YEAH we already tried that! Well, we could build a wall (and y'all can HAVE Texas btw). Wait, no that didn't work in Germany, probably won't here either? I guess everyone will have to give up something, 'cause it ain't never gonna go all one way or the other. I make mistakes and certainly have a lot of growing to do, but sometimes ppl's ignorance & immaturity stuns me.

I guess Canada will take the northern States in, if required.
Seems Vermont wants in !

moreluck

golden ticket member
McCain & Palin was 2 years ago and last I looked, neither was running for anything.
Obama doesn't have a clue....that's why his staff is leaving and he replaces them with people that might actually know something. He surrounded himself with all his lawyer buddies and none knew how to run a company much less a country. I think he's a one term pres.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Someone did not get their Cheerio's this morning...