You Sorry Bastards

MAKAVELI

So what happens if Fedex finally settles? Will we be expected to check prescriptions? UPS settled. Did your procedures change or is this the government shaking down a couple companies because they can?

I think the governments case is a bit problematic if they wouldn't give the company their list of suspect pharmacies.
I wonder if you would feel the same if this case involved hard drugs, such as cocaine, meth, and the drug cartels?

bbsam

Staff member
I wonder if you would feel the same if this case involved hard drugs, such as cocaine, meth, and the drug cartels?
Exactly the same. I have no idea why the government didn't shut down the illicit pharmacies and I wouldn't understand why they would knowingly allow a drug cartel to keep operating.

And just to let you know, the "hard" drugs have absolutely nothing on pharmaceuticals when it comes to purity, addictive nature, or street value. Just because the dealer is backed by household names doesn't make them any less criminal.

MAKAVELI

Exactly the same. I have no idea why the government didn't shut down the illicit pharmacies and I wouldn't understand why they would knowingly allow a drug cartel to keep operating.

And just to let you know, the "hard" drugs have absolutely nothing on pharmaceuticals when it comes to purity, addictive nature, or street value. Just because the dealer is backed by household names doesn't make them any less criminal.
And the case is FedEx knowingly aided these fly by night companies who operated illegally and profited heavily for years from that relationship. Seems to me you are trying to justify FedEx facilitating illegal drug purchases. That's like telling your kids, it's ok if you help your friends steal as long as you aren't the one in the store. It's called aiding and abetting for a reason.

bbsam

Staff member
And the case is FedEx knowingly aided these fly by night companies who operated illegally and profited heavily for years from that relationship. Seems to me you are trying to justify FedEx facilitating illegal drug purchases. That's like telling your kids, it's ok if you help your friends steal as long as you aren't the one in the store. It's called aiding and abetting for a reason.
It's a stretch.

TUT

FedEx knew what kind of companies it was dealing with and what they were shipping. .

And the USPS is doing it today to, I'd guess more illegal prescription drugs are going through the USPS than anyone. If you know Fedex is shipping illegal drugs, then you also know who is shipping it. You would think you would go to the source and shut them down. If they can prove Fedex really knew it was moving illegals that is one thing, however just moving drugs that if opened up are illegal, to me that is quite another. You can basically shutdown shipping as we know it otherwise.

MAKAVELI

And the USPS is doing it today to, I'd guess more illegal prescription drugs are going through the USPS than anyone. If you know Fedex is shipping illegal drugs, then you also know who is shipping it. You would think you would go to the source and shut them down. If they can prove Fedex really knew it was moving illegals that is one thing, however just moving drugs that if opened up are illegal, to me that is quite another. You can basically shutdown shipping as we know it otherwise.
If you read the indictment, you would know the DEA went after 2 specific companies that FedEx was in collusion with. Read the indictment, it's a real eye opener as to how this company operates.