You want to return what?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
4 million returns in January?

What's your worst RS story?!

I once had a guy parade me through his house to the back room. I only went because I was curious as to what was going to happen and my wife had just convinced me to buy life insurance.

We finally round a corner and entered what I can only assume was his man cave.

It was far from manly.

He the points to a large shelving unit.

"There it is!" He said.
"What's that?!"
"The stereo."
"What about it?"
"You have to return it!"

He was pointing at a massive stero unit all set up and waiting to be played. Not one nicely packed up in a box, but an actual stero system sitting in the shelf.

"It needs to be in a box," I politely told him.
"You mean you don't do that?!"
"No."
"Who does?"
"You do?"
"Me?"
"Yeah."
". . ." Blank stare

I said, "Goodbye" and excuse myself. I never did pick it up.

Maybe fedex packed and shipped it for him.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-12-26-15-24-51-1330424644.jpeg
This trampoline is broken...what time can you come and pick it up?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And Tuesday and Wednesday all with NR written on them

Same thing I did when amazon sent me pick up a recliner that also had no box.
Had a call tag this peak for a 80+ year old man. It was medical supplies. Well it all didn't fit in the box. He said let me go to the attic and see if I have a box. It was attempt 3 and I can't tell old people no.

10-15 minutes later he comes back with a few big boxes and says. " oh I need tape"

I grabbed a box the goods and said nope l will take care of it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I once had a school teacher hand me a box that had absolutely no labels on it. He said-- you have to take this. I said -take it where. He said - to my brothers home. I said - you have to address it and have the office secretary write it up in the pickup book. He said--I do? I swear the more educated people are the stupider they become.

oldngray

nowhere special
I once had a school teacher hand me a box that had absolutely no labels on it. He said-- you have to take this. I said -take it where. He said - to my brothers home. I said - you have to address it and have the office secretary write it up in the pickup book. He said--I do? I swear the more educated people are the stupider they become.

Didn't you know you were supposed to drive to his house and deliver it yourself?

9.5er

Had a call tag for a house once. Knocked on the door and an older woman opens the door.(Not hot) I ask if she had a package going back. She said why yes I do. and turns and picks up a grocery bag with the item that I was supposed to pick up in it. No box, no tape, nothing but a plastic bag. I just said I'll be back tomorrow.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
4 million returns in January?

What's your worst RS story?!

I once had a guy parade me through his house to the back room. I only went because I was curious as to what was going to happen and my wife had just convinced me to buy life insurance.

We finally round a corner and entered what I can only assume was his man cave.

It was far from manly.

He the points to a large shelving unit.

"There it is!" He said.
"What's that?!"
"The stereo."
"What about it?"
"You have to return it!"

He was pointing at a massive stero unit all set up and waiting to be played. Not one nicely packed up in a box, but an actual stero system sitting in the shelf.

"It needs to be in a box," I politely told him.
"You mean you don't do that?!"
"No."
"Who does?"
"You do?"
"Me?"
"Yeah."
". . ." Blank stare

I said, "Goodbye" and excuse myself. I never did pick it up.

Maybe fedex packed and shipped it for him.
That's the funniest :censored2:ing thing I've heard all day! Hole. Lee. :censored2:. It's like they think we're Rent-a-Center or something.

sailfish

Today I had a (what else) Dish Network call tag for an apartment. I stopped and went around to the side door and there the box still was. It was damp with dirty tape and all the labels were washed out and the PAL sticker was from a completely different route. Hell if I know how long ago it was delivered because I couldn't read the date, but I slapped the new label on and off it went.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
My favorite: a large 100+lb furniture return that was left on the porch wrapped in black garbage bags and duct tape with a "UPS return" note on it. WTF am I supposed to do with that?

clean hairy

Anytime a person hands you a box with a Post Office Label on it.
"UPS delivered it to me, and you have to return it, see right here? It says UPS"
"Sorry, but that is USPS which means it has to go the Post Office"
Kinda funny how they stare at the label and cannot comprehend the fact USPS is the Post Office!

Packmule

Had a call tag to pick up an upright freezer one time. No box. Already damaged on one top corner.
Called in to see if boss wanted me to take it since it was my last stop of the day.
No.
Okay by me!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Had a call tag NI3. Of course two days later it's reprinted. Drive to house and see HUGE box on front porch. Looked at weight on call tag it says 190. I ride to move it and couldn't. Knocked and owner stated it was a pool table. I asked did we deliver it. He says no I picked it up and it broke in transit. See ya brother, nice try!

Ms.PacMan

I have all the normal not boxed, not taped, no return label, no idea where it's going stories but the worst.....a plastic bag clothing return that had been secured with a dozen or so straight pins.

sailfish

Had a call tag NI3. Of course two days later it's reprinted. Drive to house and see HUGE box on front porch. Looked at weight on call tag it says 190. I ride to move it and couldn't. Knocked and owner stated it was a pool table. I asked did we deliver it. He says no I picked it up and it broke in transit. See ya brother, nice try!
Why would they even print a call tag for 190?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Earlier this year, some driver picked up a Weber grill, not in a box, but actually rolled the grill into his truck.
Sometimes I have to question some of my coworker's intelligence !!!! LOL :onitswaysmiley: