You want to return what?

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Anytime a person hands you a box with a Post Office Label on it.
"UPS delivered it to me, and you have to return it, see right here? It says UPS"
"Sorry, but that is USPS which means it has to go the Post Office"
Kinda funny how they stare at the label and cannot comprehend the fact USPS is the Post Office!

Some of the customers I dealt wit this year seemed to think that FedEx, UPS, and the USPS are all one and the same.

OPTION3

Delivered a 100+ pound bowflex to a 400 pound lady.....at delivery I said," I'll be back in a couple of weeks to pick it up".....two weeks later ...call tag...husband is laughing like crazy....I say" you actually have to USE it" he agreed and helped load it in the pkg car

GillEagan

I picked up a 70 lb mattress going back to Amazon. That's the moment I realized Amazon literally sells everything.

After getting p*ssed from having chinese made bicycle tubes fail by the dozen from various bike shops and Walmart, I started buying them off of Amazon. They are Schwalbe tubes made in Indonesia for a Gerrman company. So I guess you can get everything including the kitchen sink from Amazon.

steve7189

A few days ago a guy stopped me at a business. He said he set up a ODS for a 150 lbs pallet. I told him we do not pick up anything a 150 lbs or over and it would have to go freight. So what did I get in my DIAD today?Yep, a ODS for a 150 lbs pallet with an engine on it worth $15,000. I called the center to get UPS freight phone number for the guy. Then I cancelled the pickup and left.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Earlier this year, some driver picked up a Weber grill, not in a box, but actually rolled the grill into his truck.
Sometimes I have to question some of my coworker's intelligence !!!! LOL :onitswaysmiley:
We had a guy pick up matress with no box, no wrapping no covering at all. He was found out when he asked his on road how he was supposed to attach the call tag because it wouldn't stick!

The center manager flipped his :censored2: and made this guy make this thing his first stop after air the next day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local UPS Store had a wagon wheel that a customer was trying to ship out. I took a cellphone pic and sent it to my center manager, PDS and on-car. All 3 said to leave it.

The returns that tick me off are where the customer takes the courtesy return label (not a shipping label) and carefully places it right over their address so that they don't have to pay for return shipping. Those packages sit there until I receive a call tag or RS/ARS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A few days ago a guy stopped me at a business. He said he set up a ODS for a 150 lbs pallet. I told him we do not pick up anything a 150 lbs or over and it would have to go freight. So what did I get in my DIAD today?Yep, a ODS for a 150 lbs pallet with an engine on it worth $15,000. I called the center to get UPS freight phone number for the guy. Then I cancelled the pickup and left.

If the package weighed 150 lbs (or less) and was securely fastened to the pallet you had no right to refuse the shipment.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Our local UPS Store had a wagon wheel that a customer was trying to ship out. I took a cellphone pic and sent it to my center manager, PDS and on-car. All 3 said to leave it.

The returns that tick me off are where the customer takes the courtesy return label (not a shipping label) and carefully places it right over their address so that they don't have to pay for return shipping. Those packages sit there until I receive a call tag or RS/ARS.
"That's not a label "
"Yes it is"
"No it isn't"
"They said it would work"
"Who's they?"
"The people on the phone."
"The people are wrong. The mail man wouldn't even take that and they're desperate"

GillEagan

If the package weighed 150 lbs (or less) and was securely fastened to the pallet you had no right to refuse the shipment.

The first question is how would the driver get the pallet on the truck without a forklift. The second question is where would the driver put it so it is out of the way.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Many years ago while delivery to a log home manufacturing plant I picked up a 6 foot tall saw blade. Everything appeared in order. It was big but not unwieldy.
Local sort loaded it in the trailer and then next day we get it back from the hub with a nice little reminder that if they ever saw that blade in the system again they would personally find the driver that picked it up and he would be wearing it for the remainder of his life.
Never picked that up again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The first question is how would the driver get the pallet on the truck without a forklift. The second question is where would the driver put it so it is out of the way.

I regularly pickup up 102 lb palletized engines from our local Subaru dealerships. If there is someone to help we lift it and put in RDR or RDC. If it is just me I "man up" and do the same.

GillEagan

I regularly pickup up 102 lb palletized engines from our local Subaru dealerships. If there is someone to help we lift it and put in RDR or RDC. If it is just me I "man up" and do the same.

You must be a giant and buff to lift that much weight by yourself without injury.