You Were Right - I Was Wrong - I Apologize

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Ah - it's a beautiful Saturday - Just finished Sat Air driving, which was not as bad as I thought it would be - an easy 8 hours. I'm in a good mood.

Let's clear up a few things, shall we?

I found this site a little over a year ago, when I first started working for UPS, and began posting as But Benefits Are Great (BBAG). I was a cocky, self confident, I'm the king of the world guy towards UPS, and I was going to show them what I could do & how fast. I wanted to be a driver, and I wanted to be a driver now. I posted my progress here - you may remember.

My attitude was taken in a way that pissed off alot of people. I hate when people tell me something is impossible. When every post or reply I made was answered with an assult, I changed to a new name, 20Plus (or something like that), and within a week, pissed everyone off again. So I took off for a while, came back posting as "Livin The Dream?". Those are the only three names I have ever used.

I mentioned before I was cocky, self confident, self assured - It's the way I am, and it has gotten me this far. Other than Burger King in high school, I never was an employee for anyone until UPS. I felt by force of will that I could get what I wanted. You all told me it does not work that way, and I didn't believe you. And you were right.

When I first started as an unloader, worked at 110 %, and a friend of mine named Brett, who was my sorter, said to me "Do they pay you that much that you have to sweat that much?", and it was a real eye opener. The reward for doing more work is - getting more work. But I still didn't learn.

I was sent to INTEGRAD, & did well. YAY, now I can drive! I was given a route, drove every day, plus Saturdays. Worked my ass off, gonna be the best of anyone here! Sup tells me go hard till Christmas & you are qualified. Christmas Eve, 2008, 8:34pm, I return to the center, and I am told by my Sup that I have 28 days, not enough to qualify, so sorry. Oh, and report to local sort from now on. Merry Stugging Christmas.

On January 4, 2009, my house burns down. Completely. Takes out both cars as well. We are uninsured. Wife & three kids get out, pets do not, posessions do not. We are not wearing shoes.

The next day, and for 30+ days thereafter, every single employee of ups, be it driver, loader, sorter, etc., gave. And gave. And gave. I love all UPS employees. UPS gave me a coupon for a free turkey. With someone else's name on it.

In a recent thread, I said I was "Mr. UPS". I meant that I was so gung-ho to be part of this company it wasn't funny. Now, it just is not that important. I was ready to go, gung ho. And they let me rot on the vine. Bitter? Not really - you all told me so. I'm indifferent.

Anywho, that is who I am, where I am at, and why I post as I do. If I know something about a post, I reply. If you don't like my reply, a counter point is fun, stimulating, and what forums are all about. Answering me with "You Suck" just doesn't do it for me, sorry.

Oh, and I can't help it - some posters here I just cannot stand. That's life, I guess. I try & avoid them, or even agree with them sometimes when they say something worthy. Think "Special Olympics". It is my hope that there are others here on the board with a shred of intelligence that can make their own judgment when it comes to some maroon making fun of my being divorced, poking fun of the pain of paying child support for children the ex tries to keep away from me, and thinking it's hysterical that I'm broke all the time. I don't answer, because I just hope someone else feels the same disgust I do when I read that.

Ahhh....too long....sorry. I feel better. I wish to apologize to all I have offended in the past - I can only say, truthfully, that I never had that intent.

Well, maybe Toady.

iowa boy

Very nice post, LtD. Like the others have said, it takes a real man to admit his mistakes.

Also, good luck with the fire and all the BS involved with that. You will need it.

Keep up the good posts man.

Iowa

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Good call, pickup.

You're the reason I stopped lurking in the shadows. I was perfectly content reading all of the threads here, till you started speaking from your tower. I'm glad that you are now, one of the people. The normal, everday, stepped on, child support paying, screwed over by mgmt/ex wives, and trying to make a life for yourself, people. Welcome to Earth!:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ah - it's a beautiful Saturday - Just finished Sat Air driving, which was not as bad as I thought it would be - an easy 8 hours. I'm in a good mood.

Let's clear up a few things, shall we?

I found this site a little over a year ago, when I first started working for UPS, and began posting as But Benefits Are Great (BBAG). I was a cocky, self confident, I'm the king of the world guy towards UPS, and I was going to show them what I could do & how fast. I wanted to be a driver, and I wanted to be a driver now. I posted my progress here - you may remember.

My attitude was taken in a way that pissed off alot of people. I hate when people tell me something is impossible. When every post or reply I made was answered with an assult, I changed to a new name, 20Plus (or something like that), and within a week, pissed everyone off again. So I took off for a while, came back posting as "Livin The Dream?". Those are the only three names I have ever used.

I mentioned before I was cocky, self confident, self assured - It's the way I am, and it has gotten me this far. Other than Burger King in high school, I never was an employee for anyone until UPS. I felt by force of will that I could get what I wanted. You all told me it does not work that way, and I didn't believe you. And you were right.

When I first started as an unloader, worked at 110 %, and a friend of mine named Brett, who was my sorter, said to me "Do they pay you that much that you have to sweat that much?", and it was a real eye opener. The reward for doing more work is - getting more work. But I still didn't learn.

I was sent to INTEGRAD, & did well. YAY, now I can drive! I was given a route, drove every day, plus Saturdays. Worked my ass off, gonna be the best of anyone here! Sup tells me go hard till Christmas & you are qualified. Christmas Eve, 2008, 8:34pm, I return to the center, and I am told by my Sup that I have 28 days, not enough to qualify, so sorry. Oh, and report to local sort from now on. Merry Stugging Christmas.

On January 4, 2009, my house burns down. Completely. Takes out both cars as well. We are uninsured. Wife & three kids get out, pets do not, posessions do not. We are not wearing shoes.

The next day, and for 30+ days thereafter, every single employee of ups, be it driver, loader, sorter, etc., gave. And gave. And gave. I love all UPS employees. UPS gave me a coupon for a free turkey. With someone else's name on it.

In a recent thread, I said I was "Mr. UPS". I meant that I was so gung-ho to be part of this company it wasn't funny. Now, it just is not that important. I was ready to go, gung ho. And they let me rot on the vine. Bitter? Not really - you all told me so. I'm indifferent.

Anywho, that is who I am, where I am at, and why I post as I do. If I know something about a post, I reply. If you don't like my reply, a counter point is fun, stimulating, and what forums are all about. Answering me with "You Suck" just doesn't do it for me, sorry.

Oh, and I can't help it - some posters here I just cannot stand. That's life, I guess. I try & avoid them, or even agree with them sometimes when they say something worthy. Think "Special Olympics". It is my hope that there are others here on the board with a shred of intelligence that can make their own judgment when it comes to some maroon making fun of my being divorced, poking fun of the pain of paying child support for children the ex tries to keep away from me, and thinking it's hysterical that I'm broke all the time. I don't answer, because I just hope someone else feels the same disgust I do when I read that.

Ahhh....too long....sorry. I feel better. I wish to apologize to all I have offended in the past - I can only say, truthfully, that I never had that intent.

Well, maybe Toady.
A+

Re-Raise

You were definitely a lightning rod. I think I called you Scrappy Doo once because of your let me at em attitude.

There is nothing wrong with being cocky, self confident or self assured.

But some of the things you believed you could make happen at UPS made you downright delusional..

I hope things work out for you and your family

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
To read your post, I would have thought some people would attack you !!

As you can see, everyone accepts your apology and lets the water go under the bridge. That should give you an inkling of how much value in brotherhood you actually have here at the BC.

BUt BBAG has become a staple of the community, much like STUG

I hope everything works out in your BENEFIT !!!

fethrs

Be yourself, it's what and who you are. You can't change it, you are always going to piss someone off and that's ok. I do it too, we all do. At least you have the balls to own up to it. That was a great post about yourself and your reasons. It takes guts to do that. Keep on posting,

atatbl

LOL. Karma rocks.....

I didn't think he would actually do a write-up proving everything I said was correct, line by line.

atatbl

And now that he has, can you get over the past?

I knew what I knew regardless of whether or not he was able to come to terms with it. Like they say, it is what it is.

So yes would be your answer. I was never really focused on the past in the first place. He does what he does, and lives his existence. I do what I do and love life. Why would I care any longer than it takes me to type a response?