" You Wouldn't Have Anything, A House, A Car, or Anything Else If It Weren't For UPS"

didyousheetit

Re: " You Wouldn't Have Anything, A House, A Car, or Anything Else If It Weren't For

Yeah, but how long has this job been a time drag? It's been that way ever since I've driven. I guess it's all about choices. Do you want a job that pays 30 to 40 grand a year that you might get off at 5PM every night, or a job that has unpredictable hours that pays almost a 100 grand a year with some of the best benefits in this country?

You don't get to pick and choose which parts of the job you want and which parts you don't. It's a take it or leave it proposition.

Look, no one likes to take crap like we do. But we are wrongfully insulated if we think that only our job gets this much crap. Most jobs have idiot bosses like we do. But don't take my word for it; ask your neighbors. Our bosses tend to have attitudes because we have better insurance than they do, and we work less hours--on the whole--than they do.

I don't fight with these guys anymore. My backtalk is on the overtime ledger of my pay stub. That's good enough for me.
I would have to disagree with you on most jobs have idiot bosses. Most employers I know of hire the better employees to go into management. Not have said employee beg and sell themselves to get in. We've had some of the worst drivers beg to go into management then they turn around and tell everyone how they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. We look at them and say really

A

anonymous6

Re: " You Wouldn't Have Anything, A House, A Car, or Anything Else If It Weren't For

I would have to disagree with you on most jobs have idiot bosses. Most employers I know of hire the better employees to go into management. Not have said employee beg and sell themselves to get in. We've had some of the worst drivers beg to go into management then they turn around and tell everyone how they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. We look at them and say really

I have had 29 jobs since high school and UPS bosses are much better than most I have encountered in non union jobs. the thing is we feeder drivers are paid better than most of the supes. not easy to swallow.

W

westsideworma

No, he's just repeating what was said to him.

The fact that we use such things as "motivation" here is shameful. Most people I know work very hard here (and the job they go to AFTER here)...nothing was ever given to them. Shows how out of touch some are with the frontline workers.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I have had 29 jobs since high school and UPS bosses are much better than most I have encountered in non union jobs. the thing is we feeder drivers are paid better than most of the supes. not easy to swallow.
In a way the same thing goes for part timers. Part timer starting pay is low, but 4-5 years down the road your making more than most of the p/t people "supervising" you. It makes for an interesting work dynamic.

thessalonian13

a supe told me this. I swear on the souls of my children and grandchildren. I had to laugh at him and told him that I started work at UPS at age 37 and already have had several houses, 2 Harleys , and about 15 cars from age 18 before I even thought of UPS.

I also reminded him that UPS had not "given" me anything that was not negotiated by the Teamsters Union.
And UPS wouldn't have it's billions of $$$$ in profits if it wasn't for us drivers!!!!!