Young female supervisors that are hardly older than myself...

bmwils

Don't seem to make out to be the best trainers. Maybe this is just some supervisors in general, but my training week was hardly called training. It was more of her oh so important text messaging. I am highly dissapointed that I've went this whole week with nothing really gained other than her being in a pissy mood for having to do something other than sitting around. Did this more or less happen to you when you were "trained"?

Don't seem to make out to be the best trainers. Maybe this is just some supervisors in general, but my training week was hardly called training. It was more of her oh so important text messaging. I am highly dissapointed that I've went this whole week with nothing really gained other than her being in a pissy mood for having to do something other than sitting around. Did this more or less happen to you when you were "trained"?
When I was trained it was by a old 54 year old man. I wish I could have been trained by some young hot chick. Sometimes I just don't know about this younger generation.

bmwils

When I was trained it was by a old 54 year old man. I wish I could have been trained by some young hot chick. Sometimes I just don't know about this younger generation.

Eh. She wasn't what you'd call "hot" in my opinion, but her attitude was much more uglier. I would have rather of gained more knowledge so I don't screw up more down the road than to have something to look at the whole time.

bmwils

What was the training for?
I get frustrated with young people who are constantly texting. They just don't seem to get how frivolous they look.

I suppose just in general. I had my orientation week last week, and this week I actually began working while she was suppose to be further assisting me with it I would expect. And it was bad. It was a definite abuse of whatever phone privilege she is admitted. I mean there is a time and a place for it, but doing it constantly when you are suppose to be doing your job of helping someone else, that's just a smack in the face.

rod

Retired 22 years

Ouch! -----You do realize that to a 15 year old kid you are an old fart

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When someone comes into the customer counter and they are chatting away on their cell, I tend to wait until their conversation is over before assisting them, if there is a line I go to the next person.

dillweed

I suppose just in general. I had my orientation week last week, and this week I actually began working while she was suppose to be further assisting me with it I would expect. And it was bad. It was a definite abuse of whatever phone privilege she is admitted. I mean there is a time and a place for it, but doing it constantly when you are suppose to be doing your job of helping someone else, that's just a smack in the face.

You're working for UPS. Get used to the smacks. :happy-very:

FOUPS

I'm with you there, as a supervisor my afternoon training was, read this packet on the job and do it and being overseen for 3 days. Nights, I got more thorough training, but as we are finding out, the training was wrong. So you may be better just figuring it out yourself, learning from your mistakes, and just learning any chance you can get on your own, because at least then you know it is right and you aren't just taking someone elses word that it is right.

packageguy

Go on break, call your building ask for this supervisor training you, and say we are watching you texting and not training. please stop texting or you are fired, and hang up. I bet she will come out training you. I do it all the time.