Your biggest payday?

S

speeddemon

Its ironic that in a deep recession, I am making the most money that I have ever made at UPS in my 20 year career. I got my biggest check last week. I brought home 1350$ Whats your biggest payday?

JustTired

free at last.......
I'm not sure what my biggest payday was. But my best payday was last June when I got that first retirement check. The others were just a 'means to an end'. Hang in there....you'll see what I mean.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It is ironic, Speed. My biggest payday is probably going to be this week. Hell, who knows. Maybe this is part of UPS's master plan to give the economy a boost. They cut back, we get more hours because of the cut backs and then we dump more money into the economy because we are making more money. I don't know, what do you think?:wink2: Come to think of it my biggest payday was a grievance for back pay. ALOT!

Last edited:

tourists24

I find it ironic that we seem to be in that trend here right now also (low numbers driving but a lot of overtime). Everywhere I am delivering is cutting hours and a lot of places are avoiding overtime like the plague. I know some pencil pushers can somehow justify that paying a lot of overtime is better than simply adding a run, but I dont buy it. I filed my first 9.5 grievance for the year this week, so that's even more money they are going to have to pay.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I find it ironic that we seem to be in that trend here right now also (low numbers driving but a lot of overtime). Everywhere I am delivering is cutting hours and a lot of places are avoiding overtime like the plague. I know some pencil pushers can somehow justify that paying a lot of overtime is better than simply adding a run, but I dont buy it. I filed my first 9.5 grievance for the year this week, so that's even more money they are going to have to pay.
You are lucky you will get paid for it. I won't get paid my 9.5 for this week (I know I'm gonna be over all week), I will only get to put it on my list of 9.5 rtes. They had to pull 15 stops off yesterday.

tourists24

You are lucky you will get paid for it. I won't get paid my 9.5 for this week (I know I'm gonna be over all week), I will only get to put it on my list of 9.5 rtes. They had to pull 15 stops off yesterday.
Be ready for retaliation.... everyone here who puts their name on that list is harassed for a while... I had several on area observations and a 3 day OJS along with the verbal crap. You know,,, the usual. They usually keep the 9.5 days down to 2, but lately they seem to have thrown that out. Guess we'll just have to take the extra OT for now. Still people on layoff too.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Most I ever took home due to a grievance was $1,500.00 exact! Due to non payment of millage pay I was supposed to receive as a cover mechanic. That was sweet!

Most I took home after taxes was 2 peaks ago, Took home $1,641.89 after tax. I worked 20.42 hours of over time that week. Not bad cake for a banana lovin Monkey!!!:happy-very:

rocket man

I said no to end of year brown cafe award. but with this post you HAVE[changed my mind . You win hands down dumb post of year, CONGRATS.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i got a maxed out QUARTERLY comp check for the third quarter in 2007. Gross was $13,148.67. net was $7135.45. that was a good day.

please note, that is a quarterly check and I was nearly 200% to my business plan. I have gotten 4 quarters of checks since then for $0 - aka - work harder, dummy.

how cool is it by the way, that you can look at every paycheck you have gotten on upsers.com?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In 1999, when the year one combo jobs started, we ( 4 ) received between $25,000 -- $15,000 retro checks. We were they top four p/ters who qualified for the back pay. Basically it worked this way ; he who had worked the least hours between 1997 and 1999 got the most $$, and I who had worked the most got the smallest amount.

Buffaloaf

Previously my best payday was about 750 dollars as a part timer double shifting in the hub.

My pay check for this week: roughly 1100 bucks..woo hoo 50 hour week driver pay!

Last edited: