your decision to close a thread.

tieguy

Banned
Over 9 says -

OK, I'll leave this up for a while so everyone can see your reply, but then I'm ending this one too.

EVERYONE,
People are getting tired of all the negativity on BC lately. Time to reign it in a little.

Over 9 this is not meant to be an exstention of a previously terminated thread but a point on the closing of a thread. You're really taking sides here. You the moderator are making a decision that the thread has no value and should be closed. those posting there disagree with your asessment. Other posters really have a choice. If they think the thread is too negative then they simple need to stop reading it and stop participating in it. Forgive me but I may be a little sensitive on this topic. I had my wife attacked here and then had the thread closed before I could get adequate compensation. to me it looked like the forces here were protecting those that attacked my wife. I'm sure it was not the intent but thats how it looked. Especially since one of those that alibied the attacks on my wife was the one that begged the moderator to close the thread down before I could get a word in edgewise.

If you're going to close a thread then you should at the least let both parties of whatever argument is taking place have the last say before you do so.

bbsam

Staff member
Didn't get to defend you wife's honor on BC. Gee. That really is a kick in the chivalric genitalia of internet (s)word play!:peaceful:

Over 9 says -

OK, I'll leave this up for a while so everyone can see your reply, but then I'm ending this one too.

EVERYONE,
People are getting tired of all the negativity on BC lately. Time to reign it in a little.

Over 9 this is not meant to be an exstention of a previously terminated thread but a point on the closing of a thread. You're really taking sides here. You the moderator are making a decision that the thread has no value and should be closed. those posting there disagree with your asessment. Other posters really have a choice. If they think the thread is too negative then they simple need to stop reading it and stop participating in it. Forgive me but I may be a little sensitive on this topic. I had my wife attacked here and then had the thread closed before I could get adequate compensation. to me it looked like the forces here were protecting those that attacked my wife. I'm sure it was not the intent but thats how it looked. Especially since one of those that alibied the attacks on my wife was the one that begged the moderator to close the thread down before I could get a word in edgewise.

If you're going to close a thread then you should at the least let both parties of whatever argument is taking place have the last say before you do so.
Tie, I realize you may not see this due to you ignore feature, but that's fine.
The truth is your wife was not attacked, if any wrong was done it would have been an insult at worse. Of course it was not intended as an insult to her, you...maybe but never her. I apologized for even mentioning your wife and I was not about to bow to your demands for groveling. Over and probably everyone that read the thread new there would be no further "compensation" coming. I wasn't happy about the closing of the thread anymore than you were, just for different reasons. However in retrospect, I believe it was a good decision, to stop the lunacy.
I hope you have a wonderful summer.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In case trplnkl is on your ignore list TIE he posted the following.

As far as closing threads, I only speak for myself, and it is always a judgement call. You have an opinion, and thank you for voicing it.
Tie, I realize you may not see this due to you ignore feature, but that's fine.
The truth is your wife was not attacked, if any wrong was done it would have been an insult at worse. Of course it was not intended as an insult to her, you...maybe but never her. I apologized for even mentioning your wife and I was not about to bow to your demands for groveling. Over and probably everyone that read the thread new there would be no further "compensation" coming. I wasn't happy about the closing of the thread anymore than you were, just for different reasons. However in retrospect, I believe it was a good decision, to stop the lunacy.
I hope you have a wonderful summer.
As mods, we have to use our best judgement, I shudder every time I make a call that could be controversial. But I do it, as that is why I was hired:happy2:
Sometimes quite frankly, we do get tired of the lunacy. complaints of he called me a name, or are you going to allow that, really does make our skin crawl. Sometimes we have to labor through very idiotic post after post, when things get reported. So here is the deal...if you expect us to be perfect, you have a better chance of seeing GOD. If you expect us to take sides, we really try not to. If you expect us to sort out your online infidelities, wrong forum. If you would like to have no need for us, post about work, fun, current events, post pics, ideas, post about your dreams. Just dont say anything on here, that is derogatory, to a poster or his family. Threatening quotes, or idiotic comparisons. Keep it clean, respectful, and focused. Then we can do our jobs, and continue to throw the posters off who defame, slander, and spam.
We will not ask permission to close a thread, that is abusing the TOS of this site. There are many ways to communicate thought. being degrading isnt one.
We take the position seriously, we care about this site, and the people who we have become friends with because of it.
Let us all continue to enjoy it, and not need to do playground monitoring of it.
This of course is just my opinion, and I could be wrong.
Have a great day everyone. Peace out.

klein

Für Meno :)
If anyone deserves a Trophy for getting beaten up upon, I would think it's me.
Not too long ago, Tie posted it bothered him, that I never speak about my wife on here. Was that appropiate ?
I just resonded honestly, that I don't have one.

But, I bet if I did, things would have gone worse.

I don't care if people speak thier opinion, even if it's harsh. This is just another website.
It doesn't effect the way I live, or behave at home.

Do I care that I'm hated by a few on here ? Nope, not a bit.
Because, in reality, it doesn't matter where I go, everyone likes to be around me.
Travelling by myself, proved that fact over and over, again.
I would dislike it much more, if they were "nice" and not open about thier hatrage. Being 2faced or a backstabber is much worse.

I do my best, not to do any name calling on here, but I have atleast once that I recall. (I simply reacted to fast and mad, which can happen, with the responses I get at times).

If I found any friends on here ? Probably a few, and even a few more that I would like to be friends with. And actually, there is not one single person on here, that I would not meet for a coffee or beer in person.

Personally, I think the current events threads are what divides people on here. (Political opinions).

DS

Fenderbender
Right on tooner,you are not alone.
I shudder at lunacy also.Sometimes I feel like the substitute teacher
to a totally out of hand grade 4 class.
Toonzy,have you been taking creative writing classes? Your
recent posts have been bubblingly effervescent and articulate.
I agree Tie, that the bc has changed over time,but so has everything else .

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We all react too quickly at times. You have I think 15 minutes to edit. And after that we can remove.
I have no doubt you are a likeable guy. You sound like it. I may totally disagree with some of your thoughts on America, but that doesnt mean, I dont like you.
I like to think Im likeable, but I from time to time meet up with people who dont recognize my charm:surprised:
And I go on, its a news, etc forum, part of your life maybe, definetely not your life.

klein

Für Meno :)
c'mon now. I kinda look at this thread, as almost a "make-up" thread.

Maybe , we need one of those ?

We all seem to get along somehow, but I think it's time to make up, maybe opoligize.... now that would be worth a thread ! :)

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Not every thread survives (as you well know)........UNLESS you want to turn this thread into something more interesting:
  • Transgender BP oil workers in the Gulf of Mexico
  • Al-Quadea Closet Christians
  • Condeleeza's "Private" web site
  • Fedex Women that report to Keith Stone
Four suggestions!!:happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Better be fast.....
Okay, STOP BEING SUCH A BULLY!!!

cyclops.jpg

:wink2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Right on tooner,you are not alone.
I shudder at lunacy also.Sometimes I feel like the substitute teacher
to a totally out of hand grade 4 class.
Toonzy,have you been taking creative writing classes? Your
recent posts have been bubblingly effervescent and articulate.
I agree Tie, that the bc has changed over time,but so has everything else .
Thanks DS, yeah I go to my creative writing classes, right after work. Right after my marine biology class, and before :happy2:my criminal law lecture.
So if you were serious, thanks, I just want everyone to have fun and be informed. Cant we all just get along?