Your most embarrasing or funny moment while on the job.

crazyeyes

i dont know if they will let this one stay but here goes I was making a delivery to a guy and he was kind of a jerk. when i got up to his house he was standing outside and asked me "whats in the package?" I told him i had no idea so he grabed it out of my hands and opened it right in front of me. well it was a big black women's device, then he looked shocked and told me his son ordered it hahahahaha

wornoutupser

I had a similar experience.

I was delivering a respectable small office. I always took the packages to the owner's wife.
One day I had the cap break off of the end of a tube and a item rolled onto the desk. That customer has not spoken to me since.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
a guy left a note on the door say he was gonna kick my ass if i didn't leave the pkg at his door. so i confront him about it and he said it was a prank.:confused:1

poozer2000

mine was just last week I had stupidly locked myself out of the van!!! so I went to the local builder that was renovating a shop he came out in the middle of the very busy high street and angleground my padlock of the rear door there was about 15-20 people watching a loud cheer happened when the lock came free and one very embarressed me!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
i dont know if they will let this one stay but here goes I was making a delivery to a guy and he was kind of a jerk. when i got up to his house he was standing outside and asked me "whats in the package?" I told him i had no idea so he grabed it out of my hands and opened it right in front of me. well it was a big black women's device, then he looked shocked and told me his son ordered it hahahahaha
I bet youre right ...........A device for women, that was big and black would have described it better. But we all know what crazy eyes meant! Well No Ive just heard of them. :w00t:

Mine was so embarrassing I cant even post it. Im glad mgmt moves on for this reason if no other.

DS

Fenderbender
I had this one pickup that I went to every day for about 2 years and the lady was lets say... not the prettiest girl at the ball...anyways she had a photo of her dacshund on her desk and one day I walked in and she had the dog there,on her lap...without thinking I said Oh I see you brought your son today....no going back on that one...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh come on!

The other week I walked around for at least an hour with my fly on my pants wide open. The worst part was was that nobody said anything.
Well if its any consolation, I would never tell ya either. If a guy tells you he would be accused of being gay, and if a female tells ya, they are just................ well you know. So we just figure next time you go pee, you will know! And I can say when I have forgotten to button the 3rd button on my shirt, no one has told me, and customers, the males were much nicer on that day, the women just dont notice......................

Dump and Run

It was 90 plus, and I really was not feeling the best when the day had started. Around 3 I pulled into a cul-de-sac for my next stop. I grabbed the pkg from the back and as I was starting to exit the truck that overwhelming urg to puke came over me. So there I was on my hands and knees in the middle of the St. letting the cookies fly. I picked myself up, brushed off, grabbed the box again and turned towards the house, and there with the screen door open looking at me was the lady of the house. Apparently she had heard the truck pull up and come to the door right away and saw the whole thing.

FromBluetoBrown

I was a helper last Christmas and it was dark as heck outside and we pulled up to the stop and I grabbed the package and bolted out the door and up the lawn and the next thing I know Im picking the dirt out of my mouth. Turns out there was a small fence in the ground about ankle high. The driver, she saw the whole thing, couldnt stop laughing.

over9five

Staff member
"I can't think of anything embarrassing. I must be too cool!"

Me too! (Or maybe I've put those traumatic events out of my mind).

Fighting4yourRights

Heavy Weight
It didn't happen at work but last halloween, I went to a bar - in what they called the VIP section. Well I had to do a number 2 all night and I thought, it's now or never. So, I stood in line, in my sexy Native Princess costume, to wait to use the single person bathroom. Well, when I finally got in to use the facility, did my business :-)poop:), and to my horror, I found that the toilet would not flush. It was running the entire time I was in there, but I thought it was just getting up the energy to flush. I began to frantically fill a plastic cup with water from the sink to fill the toilet. It was useless, that toilet would not flush. I began to panic.

Then I took one long look in the mirror, and thought about the 10 people or so waiting in line to use the bathroom. I thought, "you gotta go out there sooner or later." Finally, I opened the door, laughed at the woman next in line and rejoined my group. My friends and I all laughed pretty hard, I was totally humiliated. To make things better, the staff hung a 'out of order' sign on the outside of the bathroom door so I could be reminded of my source of pride all night long. I probably could have left in shame but I was proud. Some say, that little piece of excriment is on display in the hall of fame of most embarrassing moments.

I wonder what I can do this halloween to top myself :poop:

JustAnotherBody

Delivering to old people apartment building. Two different appartments. Buzz both. Someone answers after 3 or 4 who is it? ups! who is it..... i get buzzed in. ride the elevator to 2nd floor . women is waiting in hall i ask if shes from 207 (the package is for 207) shes from 205 and livid why did I ring her apartment... I appolgize over and over button 205 isjust above 207 honest mistake we all make them blah blah.. set the package in front of 207... she then picks it up and shrieks at me about why would I leave that package there... because thats apartment 207 ma'am... she yells and yells realizes her mistake yells some more.. I make my backwards retreat to elevator apologzing somemore saying i need to go.. i hit my floor the door closes while shes still yelling..

the crazy old lady must have hit the button cuz as the door opens to her floor never having moved i hear her scurrying into her room and her door slamming.....

what a crazy old lady.. she kinda sorta ding dong ditched me with an elevator at age 82.. ha! i got punked!

at first i felt bad for her shes old and maybe lonely and thought she was getting something or seeing someone.... but then after she yelled and yelled and yelled I realized shes prolly always been a nasty women and it's no ones fault but hers shes lonely and angry.

Wha

Phil800101

I was driver helping back in peak of 2005, and we were really on a roll. The driver and I got along great and worked really well together. Anyway, in all my eagerness we were coming up on a stop and I had a package in my right arm, a long one. Not realizing how long it was (it was hanging out the door a few feet), I felt this thump and heard this crack, looked back and saw that I took out a mailbox. The package was still intact, but the mailbox, pole and all, was knocked over. The box actually cracked the wood! We left a note, called it in, and went back out on our merry way to play brown santa for a few more hours. I felt like an a-hole the rest of the day, but we had a good laugh about it the next day...