Your most embarrasing or funny moment while on the job.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
delivering in the dark and cold, park the truck to make two deliveries, one on each side of the street, open drivers door take both pkgs, deliver hse on left side of street than house on right side of street, then proceed to jump back in truck from passenger side only to realize passenger door was closed. roll backwards on ground, get up, walk slowly back to truck OPEN passenger door, get in and try to remember lesson learned:knockedout:

Been there, done that!

ol'browneye

I have split my pants a few times -one time so bad I called the center and they brought me out another pair. I guess that's what happens when you are squatting and lifting properly?! I have also been locked in a pkg car. My first route,probably my first year. Parked the P500 on a slant at side of the road in a resi area. At the time our trucks had the bulkhead door chain that latched at the top. I turned the key and pulled down on the chain and flung the door open then stepped through the bulkhead door. Well since I was parked on such a slant, the door didn't make it all the way to latch open and it slid back shut with me inside. I could lift the latch that the key operates but this truck had no small hole in the door to pull the chain down from the inside! It was summer and it was hot. I started hollering and beating on the bulkhead door hoping someone would hear me. luckily the customer had seen me pull up and had come outside. I had to tell her, "Please pull that chain down so I can get out!" She did and I emerged with her pkg and a very red face.

0759THazMat02

Saddle Brook HazMat
this was on seriously embarrasing but funny moment. 2 years ago during the summer it was 120 plus degrees outside with an easy 150 plus degrees in the trailers. I was loading a heavy truck with only a gallon jug of water to keep me from dropping like a fly... unfortantly it didn't work. after 2 hours of loading my butt off and the gallon of water gone i told my sup that i wasn't feeling good, I walked in the break room and collapsed on one of the benches and started trembling like an epoleptic having a seizure. After 20 minutes the loader that was covering for me walked in the break room and saw me in my little shaking episode got the sup, who then got the full time sup, who then radio'd the hub manager. When the call went over the radio, the hub manager was in a meeting with the division manager, so of course the division manager ran in the break room. after about 20 minutes of trying to get me cooled down and being force fed water like a baby not drinking their milk, i finally made the decision to have an ambulance called. While we were waiting for the ambulance, I could feel myself slipping out of consiousness... that is until i got slapped in the face by the DM. The funny part of this story was when the EMTs were loading me on the "cot" (sit-up gurney), the hub manager joked arpund asking me if I was ready to return to work. While trying to breathe normal, I replied "If I had the strength to flip you off, I would." The paramedics, EMTs, cops and the bosses all had a good laugh, and the DM decided to help me out, he took my hand and helped me flip off the hub manager. the embarrising part of this story was looking around I saw the whole belt watching me being rolled out of the door on the belt and into the ambulance. I come back two days later, and I'm being asked about every little rumor that flew around the building.

SmithBarney

...Well, me being in a bit of a hurry, jumped out of the package car, and went to walk around the front of the car, when all of a sudden the gravel gave way which sent me falling shoulder first into the front bumper.

I Had a similar experience, they had just changed me from a P1000 to I think a P700 or something, except the 700 had a wider bumper than the body, I walked(at a brisk pace)
around the front corner of the truck and caught my thigh on the bumper, just about
floored me, I had a charlie horse for the next week on the leg. When I got back to the center
I looked at the other vehicles that were the same size, and it seemed that they put a P1000
bumper on this smaller car.. I was fuming.

CBUK

Had a Tub of Tile Adhesive to deliver to a construction site. Only found out when I tried to pick it up off the shelf that the bottom was split and it was stuck fast to the Package Car.

Needless to say the guy refused it. Didn't have much choice really.

I then discover that the package next to it is also stuck to the shelf. When I got to the address for that one the customer had to get in the back of the van and remove his goods from the box.

He thought it was hilarious and it took some cleaning to get that shelf clean!

CBUK

Gary, the UPS driver with passion

The above link is a driver from my centre caught on camera dropping packages off the back of his van.

Not only did they secretly film him, they called up the account exec to go round for a sales meeting and showed him the clip. Then they asked for an explanation.

filthpig

My old route was in the "hippy" part of town and had a place called the "Spirit,Mind and Body Center". It was one of those places where trust-fund hippies go to hang out and be high. Anyway, I was delivering one day (always COD) and as I'm walking up I see out of the corner of my eye what I think is a mannequin in the window. Wrong. Turns out they were having "Naked Day". A bunch of scrawny nude hippy guys. Wonderful. And as I said, all COD's. I thought about leaving, but the news was there so I just waited to see what happened. Got my money and left. Sure enough, the cops showed up and promptly put the skinny white kids in jail. what a hoot.

U

Unbelievable

Seeing a supervisor slip on a pile of #2 the guard dogs had left over the week-end

Ahhhhhhh sweet justice

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I was filling in on an in-town bulk commercial route on a very hot, humid summer day. I made an afternoon delivery at a Doctor's office that was crowded with patients. The air conditioning felt great. So I decided to get a cool drink from the water fountain. I bent over the fountain, and pushed the button, anxiously awaiting the cold water. The water came out so forcibly, that my entire face was covered with water. It came out so strong that the water even went up my nose. I started coughing, and I cut a very LOUD fart. All of the patients were in hysterics, I mustered what little dignity I had, shrugged my shoulders, and listened to the roar of laughter out the door.:laughing:

This story is hands down the funniest!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Im way out in the country, I had just delivered to a customer with a 1/2 mile long driveway out in the woods. I gotta pee. So I park, get out, find a tree, and I'm in the middle of doing my biz when the lady who owns the house sees me, she is out walking her dog and I never saw her or heard her coming. Fortunately, she thought the whole thing was hilarious, people who live out in the country are pretty laid back about that kind of thing. She smiles and waves every time she sees me to ths day, and I want to crawl in a hole and die.

RFDUpsSup

RFD Hub OUtbound Sup.
Oh come on!

The other week I walked around for at least an hour with my fly on my pants wide open. The worst part was was that nobody said anything.

I had that happen, only I was giving the PCM to my employees before sort start. Yeah that was embarassing.

A good one I've had actually happened at home. I live out in the country and have a couple of big dogs, so when our driver gets out he gives the dogs treats.

One day he opened the door to his package car, but had forgotten the package so he climbed in the back to get it and my dogs climbed up into the car looking for the treats. Took us like 5mins to get them out.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
When I was a rookie I covered the route on the beach... tons of condos. By thursday I thought I had the route dialed in a little bit and feeling good about myself I strolled into an elevator twirling my keys. I promptly dropped said keys and watched as they fell through that little gap between the elevator floor and the edge of the building. That was the day I became longlunchguy!

haha...rotflmao. that is freaking funny

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
Im way out in the country, I had just delivered to a customer with a 1/2 mile long driveway out in the woods. I gotta pee. So I park, get out, find a tree, and I'm in the middle of doing my biz when the lady who owns the house sees me, she is out walking her dog and I never saw her or heard her coming. Fortunately, she thought the whole thing was hilarious, people who live out in the country are pretty laid back about that kind of thing. She smiles and waves every time she sees me to ths day, and I want to crawl in a hole and die.

no way blackbox- this is the funniest hehe

A

Anonymous pig

i took a piss in the dark in a culdersac at the end of someones drive way lights were off when making the delivery and going back to the truck duting when i was pissing the lights came on oppps i realy have to go

I used to deliver at a mall. One day my girlfriend met me for lunch when we got done eating she asked me if I ever had sex in the back of my truck, I looked at the truck and said not this one. When I opened the back door to let her out there were about 4 people on a smoke break. She ran off, I bumed a smoke. I guess it was really her most embarrasing moment.

yuhjnm

yuhjnm
i pull up to a stop smoking then put it out before i made the delivery it was to a house signature required as the lady is sign for it she ask me "you smoke" i said "somthing has to kill you" and then saw her husband breathing with an oxygen mask on...

brownrodster

At least twice I've been in the back sorting with the bulkhead door open and ripped a juicy fart or two only to find someone standing at the front of my truck waiting to talk to me. I thought it was funny.

filthpig

I farted in front of a customer not long ago. It was one of those little squeakers. Nice & smelly too. The customer just wouldn't shut up and I couldn't hold on to it any longer. Oh well. That's probably the best thing about being married. Crap like that doesn't wreck your soul the way it did when you were single.

Hedley_Lamarr

Not really embarrasing, but I was delivering to Victoria Secrets, I was standing by the changing rooms waiting for a signature and this totally hot chick came out of one of the changing rooms in some undies I guess she was trying on. I just looked at her, I imagine my eyes as big as saucers, she just smiled, said HI UPS guy, and waved. I was kinda like, Uuuhhhh, uhhhh, yeah, uhhhhhh hi uhhhh too, uhhhh...