Your New Heathcare Is Worthless

MAKAVELI

The point is that Express is taking more away. Nothing new there.
So don't try to candy coat it. If I'm going to bet paying $400 a month back to my employer, that better be Cadillac plan I'm paying for. Otherwise it's just highway robbery.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The point is that Express is taking more away. Nothing new there.

True, but the new Healthcare Plan is offering nothing. It is essentially Catastrophic Coverage with a provision for a small amount of preventive care. Your premiums go straight to Mr. Smith for "coverage" he won't have to provide. Ground's "plan" is almost as good as ours.

Bankrupt

I guess I don't, because I don't feel like the costs are ridiculous.
I can only assume you are only covering yourself and have never had a claim filed for anything other than preventive services. In that case sure its affordable, and Fred has profited in your participation in the FedEx plan. If you ever need the insurance for anything else you will certainly understand our plight

Bankrupt

How can you not afford the company plan? Both plans are cheap and it comes out of your paycheck. Even the package handlers can afford it.
We all can afford "the plan" it's when we need to use it that it becomes unaffordable. I posted actual out of pockets costs in a post a few months back they are anything but affordable on a couriers income. I would find it hard for any hourlies or even ops mgrs to budget these new costs if any thing happened to one of their children next year. Part time pkg handlers for that matter could be subject to more than they even earn from fedex in 2014. The plan participant in the family plan will be liable for costs of 15k or more after premium, deductibles and coinsurance costs before the plan pays 100% For someone like me with a sick child needing care for the rest of his life it will only take a year or two to go bankrupt on a 40k salary

vantexan

They're hoping you opt out. "Hey government, we offer health care, they just don't want it. So no need for any monetary penalties, we did our part".:devil:

Actually under Obamacare if an employer offers healthcare they must provide a minimum 60% of average health care costs in your area, based on a complicated actuarial calculation, to be an "acceptable" plan. If employees feel they can get a better deal through their state exchanges they are free to do so, but they can't get subsidies if an employer provides "affordable" coverage. To be affordable the cost for employee only coverage mustn't be more than 9.5% of household income. Since Ground drivers don't have healthcare they'd qualify for subsidies. Essentially higher paid folk who don't qualify for subsidies will subsidize those who do. If you opt out of coverage you'll pay a $695 a year penalty for each family member, or 2.5% of gross income, whichever is higher, by 2016.

5yearsleft

The cost for our health plans must vary in different areas. At Express, I'm currently paying $84 a month. My husband also pays $84 a month. (We each have to carry our own coverage, I used to be able to be under his.) With an average of 4 Dr visits a year and prescriptions, I paid about $250 a year in addition to my monthly premiums. This seemed pretty reasonable to me. I know people who pay $500 to $600 a month! I know this new plan is going to be quite a bit more expensive. Here's hoping I stay healthy!!

MAKAVELI

The cost for our health plans must vary in different areas. At Express, I'm currently paying $84 a month. My husband also pays $84 a month. (We each have to carry our own coverage, I used to be able to be under his.) With an average of 4 Dr visits a year and prescriptions, I paid about $250 a year in addition to my monthly premiums. This seemed pretty reasonable to me. I know people who pay $500 to $600 a month! I know this new plan is going to be quite a bit more expensive. Here's hoping I stay healthy!!
Employee only is far less than employee + family. When open enrollment starts you can check the difference.