Your Peak ??

W

wkmac

upsdude,
I appreciate what you're saying and I did not view your original post as a venting per say but rather an overall statement about your peak and your concern that we all do a better and top notch job. IMO that's good and we all should heed that advice. I also loved the paycheck with the over70 label, that was a scream. I printed it out and we posted it at work and everyone just rolled with laughter at it. One supervisor got a handtruck and put an employee's check on it and walked over to them for delivery. We had tears from laughing so hard.

The bickering and unnecessary personal attacks seems to be confined to only a few people. I've seen comments made that I didn't like but sometimes the best course of action is to maintain the high road and ignore those comments. I wonder if these folks realize that many times their own actions in response to postings sometimes confirm the very assertion (whether true or false)made. To some of my fellow Union/Hourly folks who have engaged in these acts, you are doing nothing but confirming all the negative postings made about UPS Teamsters by acting like little insecure children. You guys really need to grow up and ignore some of the childess remarks made at you and in several cases you've actually stated this whole mess but not every case for sure.

To the management folk who are on the other side of the fence in these little tirades, your actions just go to prove all the unfounded statements about overbearing, heartless management. You feel you need to always respond to bullschitt so grow up and stop it. Learn to be a leader not a ruler and then you see a difference from the union folks around you including this board.

Now here's the fun part, I never said any names or singled out any individual so it's up to each and everyone of us to judge ourselves on this. But if you choose to respond back at me in anything other than a civil and respectful tone you will just ID yourself to the rest of the group as being one of the people I was talking about. Anybody out there just itching to show the rest of us your true childess nature?

All the above is JMHO.

U

upsdude

wkmac.......

Thanks for your positive comments.

I figured out a long time ago that we (UPS Employees) do more work in less time than anyone anywhere. Our jobs can and will be a Pressure Cooker more often than not. That is just the reality of UPS employment, be it hourly or management. I prefer to just do my job and not pay any attention to the pressure. When I focus on the job and ignore the pressure, the pressure goes away, the job gets done, and Im a happier camper.

An added benefit for me..

There isnt a management person out there that can say anything to me thats any worse than what my ex wife has said in the past! LOL! I remember a situation when I looked at the sup square in the eye after his rampage and said, Will I be writing alimony checks to you too? We were both rolling with laughter.