Your UPS legacy?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
UPS legacy....

Hmmm....

Jim Casey. That's a UPS legacy.

When you found out he was gay.... did it change your opinion of the company ?

Does that conflict.... with your religious views ?

-Bug-

A

anonymous6

ups is a very, very small part of my life.

I travelled the world off and on for 20 years before i had this job at age 37. did things that people only dream about. and I expect to do much more for the 25-40 years after i retire. ( with luck )

so what is my UPS legacy? just a blip on the the screen of my life.

loadfaster

I'm thankful to have a job and I'm thankful for the people I work with. If not for them, I might be considerably more focused on the scant material gains of my job and thus far less pleased with my job. I get up and go load my trucks because my drivers count on me. We're a team and I try like hell not to let my team down.

anonymous,

We shouldn't worry about what people think of us but we should care.

Individuals trying to live for the Lord should desire to be the best humans possible.

They should seek to be remembered as people who sought to honor the Lord by loving the unloveable and walked with integrity.

I strongly encourage you to rely on the Lord to bring vengence as he sees fit and not to seek to be an instrument of vengence.

Peace to you my brother!

Sincerely,
I
if I'm treated good there is no reason to get even. If I'm not its an eye for an eye. When your family (your livleyhood) is threatened like my has been everything goes out the window.

UPS legacy....

Hmmm....

-Bug-
I don't care if he's gay. If Jesus came back today he would hang with gays and straight. It wouldn't matter he's cool like that. Definitely a cool brother was Jesus.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My "legacy" will be simply that I will try to leave my little piece of UPS better than it was when I found it.

When I retire, I will give 2 weeks notice and continue doing my job in a manner than best represents the interests of the company right up until the moment that I clock off for the final time. Then I will simply move on.

As far as complaining goes...there is a difference between mindless complaining and pointing out legitimate issues that need to be resolved. Honest and constructive criticism is often the catalyst for positive change.

browniehound

I think this is a great question and I'm going to reply without reading all of the replies.So take that into consideration before you rip me.

On a fundamental level I don't like complainers if its about UPS or not. If you were born and/or trapped in the slums of Mombai then please complain all you want. If you were born in the USA or live in the Hamptons or even Melrose Massachusetts then I don't want to hear your diatribe. It doesn't have to be UPS or union/management, I've noticed that most Americans simply complain too much in my opinion.

Every business I deliver to I hear the complaints daily from the dockworkers or receptionists. I hear the non-stop complaints and criticism at UPS every single day of every single year. These same people complain that its too hot in the summer, too many leaves in the fall, too cold in the winter, and too wet in the spring. My response in my head is: its the weather man, just deal with it. Be thankful of it, its our mother earth. Would the Moon be a better place for you to live?

From 90% of the people at UPS union or non-union I hear every day of every year of how bad things are. "I have too many stops","IE won't let me add a route", "my truck is a piece of crap","my pre-loader sucks" and on and on. I think you get the point. I think we should just deal with these minor inconviences, because thats all they are, inconviences.

My feeling is that I'm better off than 95%+ than the world's population. I live in the USA, have a great job delivering cardboard for a rock-solid company, making great money and benefits. I have a beautiful daughter and a very loving wife. Once I leave the center, Im free from any boss and can work how I please (within the methods of course) for the entire day.

If you asked me, life is pretty darned good! No complaining from me

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
UPS legacy....

Hmmm....

-Bug-

I didnt know that Casey was batting for the other team. Is this fact or just speculation?

old brown shoe

30 year driver
As for my legacy with the company there is none. Your just a number at UPS if your not the CEO. That is fine and would not expect any more than that. As for my fellow coworkers I would hope to be remembered as the guy who showed up did his job without a bunch of drama and showed the same respect to others as I would hope to receive from them. As for my customers who are like family and coworkers I would like to be remembered as the guy who gave them great service with a smile. Been through many years of highs and lows with customers and fellow employes and would hope that I left a positive impact on many of them.

Indecisi0n

UPS legacy....

Hmmm....

-Bug-

Where you get this info? I can't find anything on google about Jim Casey being gay.

packageguy

I do like working at UPS, If I didn't I would have left already, But I do notice, there are many guys I work with that start rumors and cut deals and so on. They are the ones that make this job painful, As a shop stew, you have to defend this but sometimes I it's very hard, knowing your helping somebody that does not deserve it....
As my legacy Somebody who was always there to help,

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My legacy will be I showed up, did the best I could, rarely got complaints, didnt have any serious accidents or injuries (kock on wood aint done yet) My kids were always proud to say Momma works at UPS as a Driver. And now as adults they talk to people who say Wow. Yes its still a mans job, but there are a few of us when given a chance do it.
Thats my legacy, my kids know they gotta work hard to get ahead. And they have and will. They saw me do it, and learned that you dont quit when a boss pi**es you off. You dont quit when you are tired, and you work with sniffles, sore muscles, and you dont call off unless close to death. Thats what they learned. Through all my b**ching and complaining they got teeth fixed, the top o the line shoes when they needed them, never had to suffer without food, or the best clothes toys etc.
there is no legacy in a job at ups, you will be cheered when you leave if you are not a runner/gunner. But my legacy is in my heart. I did it.
For me my job is done, a little more time and Im outta here. Just to make enough to secure my future, and Ill be gone with no fanfare, no goodbye party, just Elvis has left the house.

kingOFchester

My legacy will be I showed up, did the best I could, rarely got complaints, didnt have any serious accidents or injuries (kock on wood aint done yet) My kids were always proud to say Momma works at UPS as a Driver. And now as adults they talk to people who say Wow. Yes its still a mans job, but there are a few of us when given a chance do it.
Thats my legacy, my kids know they gotta work hard to get ahead. And they have and will. They saw me do it, and learned that you dont quit when a boss pi**es you off. You dont quit when you are tired, and you work with sniffles, sore muscles, and you dont call off unless close to death. Thats what they learned. Through all my b**ching and complaining they got teeth fixed, the top o the line shoes when they needed them, never had to suffer without food, or the best clothes toys etc.
there is no legacy in a job at ups, you will be cheered when you leave if you are not a runner/gunner. But my legacy is in my heart. I did it.
For me my job is done, a little more time and Im outta here. Just to make enough to secure my future, and Ill be gone with no fanfare, no goodbye party, just Elvis has left the house.
wish there was a triple like button!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I didnt know that Casey was batting for the other team. Is this fact or just speculation?

im pretty sure he was.

Where you get this info? I can't find anything on google about Jim Casey being gay.

I have never seen anything that proves this either. He lived to be 95 and I don't think he ever married, so some people say this about him.

I have no clue whether he was gay or not, but do look forward to the day when people care about that about as much they care what color his hair was, ie, not at all.