You're joking right?

H

hseofpayne

“What’s in it”?
Not a clue, but it stopped ticking about 3 minutes ago!

“I want a job with UPS”
We move at a pace you’re not accustomed to.

I'm SOOO using those!!!
:laughing:

I got in big trouble once when a gas station/ motel owner asked me to take a pkg from him going to Pakistan. I told him about the 1-800-PICKUPS and the UPS store but he wanted me to just take the cash from him and take the pkg. He kept on , so finally I asked him what was in the pkg. He told me it was a gift for his brother in Pakistan, a watch. I just laughed and said, " There ain't no way I am taking a pkg from you thats tickin'!" He didn't share my amusement.

H

hseofpayne

As long as we're insulting people....You do realize you're just a delivery boy right?

I had a flat shirt box for an older lady one night, and as I approached her door I balanced it on my fingertips. She looked out her door window and took one look at me and said," I didn't order a pizza, go away!" I said, "UPS" about three more times, but she wouldn't open the door. She finally threatened to call the cops, so I just sat the pkg down and laughed all the way back to the car.

satellitedriver

Just to go back to the original post.Lots of people think we don't have doors on the trucks.Have been hearing that for years.Just a side note regarding no doors.I work in Brooklyn and many times have to park in a bus stop.You can't believe how many people think I am the bus and attempt to get on.You can't make this stuff up.
No way,
Really?
I deal with inbred, stupid people and only their dogs try to climb into my car.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
So I was out running air this morning and it was so nice out that I kept the doors open.

I pulled up to my 3rd stop and some guy standing outside asks me "Hey..where did your doors go?" I'm like.."HUH?" So then he comes up and says "do you guys take your doors off for the summer and then put them back on when it gets cold?"

I just laughed and said.."yeah".
Uhhhhh derrrrrrrr.....:knockedout:

Anyone else get any weird/dumb/annoying questions?

H

hseofpayne

There are a lot of apple orchards locally and the orchard owners have to import workers from Jamaica because the locals are just too damn lazy to get off their butts and pick apples. They would rather go to Social Services and collect welfare. The Jamaicans think that they have hit the jackpot and send home 80% of their wages each week. BTW, they love to sing while they work and they absolutely love playing the lottery, especially the scratch off tickets. If not for the Jamaicans the price of apples would also soar.

Whose fault is it that those lazy Anglos(yeah right!) can sit at home and make more money? If true welfare reform were to happen in America, these illegals would be out of a job. I bet those lazy Anglos would be out there picking fruit as soon as their last high wore off! Agricultural and processing plants have just replaced the old form of slavery with illegals. That 80% they send back home should stay in our economy to pay for all the services illegals steal from taxpayers. I bet you wouldn't be quite so generous if UPS decided your job could be performed much cheaper by an illegal. "If not for them Illegals, it sure would be expensive to ship a pkg UPS!"

For all the previous racist posts by others on here, I hope you know we Anglos just laugh at you and your calling US racists while calling us all your pet names! Anglos are the only people who call ourselves just plain old "Americans". P.S. I am an Angler, is that close?!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Well.....If you'd never signed one before wouldn't you think it was upside down? I only say this because I work part time at UPS and I didn't know that until I had to sign one at my full time job, I turned it around too.

I think it`s because the diad 1 had to be turned around

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I would be willing to bet that most of those Mexicans are here to do the work that a lot of white people are too lazy to do.
I deliver to some low-income apartments and I have made an observation. The Hispanic homes I deliver to are clean and the men are never home during the day, probably becuse they are out busting their ass in a field somewhere. Its always the women who come to the door, and on COD's they have a money order ready to go.
When I deliver to a white home...half the time it is a guy who answers the door. He is still in his pajama pants at 1:00 in the afternoon. He frequently has a cigarette and a beer in his hand, and hasnt shaved for a couple days. House is a mess, kids are running around screaming, and wife/girlfriend is probably waiting tables while this loser is sitting around collecting an unemployment/comp/disability check. If I have a COD for a place like this, it is always 2 or 3 days before he manages to come up with the money to pay for it.
If this offends anybody, too bad. I call it like I see it. The hardest work I ever did in my life was not UPS, it was picking strawberries and cucumbers during the summer when I was a teenager. I was doing it for school clothes money, not to survive.
I am glad we have bilingual delivery notices. They help me do my job better.

I agree. I would like to add though that while standing at the doorway to the spotlessly clean house you can smell the dinner cooking for when the husband gets home later. No empty pizza boxes or Mc Crap wrappers in the trash.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Look at what you are saying.1st you say they are doing jobs white(i'm guessing you mean all American's here) people are too lazy to do.Later you say when you were a teenager you worked in the fields.Do me a favor and go back to those fields tomorrow and let me know how many American teenagers are working there.Will most likely be zero because the illegals have taken their jobs.How would you have felt if when you were a teenager you couldn't get that job? It wouldn't be because you are lazy right? By the way you are a legal citizen aren't you?

Your crazy dude. The only thing American Teenagers pick is there zits

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whose fault is it that those lazy Anglos(yeah right!) can sit at home and make more money? If true welfare reform were to happen in America, these illegals would be out of a job. I bet those lazy Anglos would be out there picking fruit as soon as their last high wore off! Agricultural and processing plants have just replaced the old form of slavery with illegals. That 80% they send back home should stay in our economy to pay for all the services illegals steal from taxpayers. I bet you wouldn't be quite so generous if UPS decided your job could be performed much cheaper by an illegal. "If not for them Illegals, it sure would be expensive to ship a pkg UPS!"

For all the previous racist posts by others on here, I hope you know we Anglos just laugh at you and your calling US racists while calling us all your pet names! Anglos are the only people who call ourselves just plain old "Americans". P.S. I am an Angler, is that close?!

How did you twist my post in to a racist rant? I simply relayed what is a fact of life here in Upstate NY. The locals are too lazy to pick apples--the orchard owners bring in Jamaicans--the Jamaicans think that they struck it rich--they send home 80% of their checks to support their families. If the orchard owners were forced to raise their wages to hire locals the price of apples would soar. Where in any of that is a racist rant?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
stupid things people say................ i showed up at a well to do house on christmas eve around 7 pm in a snow storm, the husband comes to the door with a smile and says'' keepin yah busy?'' just wanted to smack him like a bitch!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
stupid thing people do.............. had a lady call 911 one afternoon because after i had eaten the last of the M&M's out of the candy jar on her desk,she saw the left over crushed remains in bottom of dish and thought it was anthrax!!! halloween of '01' i got ods from center that i might be dying,went back to the p/up to see her but by then the office bldng was evacuated and i told the ATF, local cops ,firemen and FBI agent I was fine!!!! she lost her job!!!! we can't make this stuff up can we!!!!!

H

hseofpayne

How did you twist my post in to a racist rant? I simply relayed what is a fact of life here in Upstate NY. The locals are too lazy to pick apples--the orchard owners bring in Jamaicans--the Jamaicans think that they struck it rich--they send home 80% of their checks to support their families. If the orchard owners were forced to raise their wages to hire locals the price of apples would soar. Where in any of that is a racist rant?

I had just read lupus804 and drunkUPS" posts and I guess by the time I got to your, it just sounded like more of the same. The people in here who want the price of apples to stay low in here sure as heck don't give a darn about these illegals. As long as they can get cheaper food, to heck with these peoples working conditions, benefits, or pay. Seems rather ironic coming from employees at a unionized company. We don't mind other people paying higher prices to ship a pkg so WE can make more money, but we don't want American teenagers to make a fair wage or have safe working conditions or job benefits. So while you may not think your stance is racist, you don't really care what happens to these people as long as your apple is cheaper. These other 2 maroon posters turned into a "white thing" and thats what set me off and got me away from the point I am making here. The business owners get away with enslaving these people, paying them low wages w/ no benefits and horrible working conditions, because they know the illegals can't complain. If I had to pick apples to feed my family, I would, I could never accept welfare. The fact that American "Anglos" ,as the other poster calls us, have the option of sitting at their "white" homes and waiting on a check is our givernments fault. If all these lazy "white" disability, workers comp, SSI drawing peolpe had to get a job picking fruit or cleaning chickens, the illegals would be forced out and you can bet the next day their would be "The International Fruit &Chicken Labor Union! Is it OK with you for us to make a fair wage but not others?

H

hseofpayne

I agree. I would like to add though that while standing at the doorway to the spotlessly clean house you can smell the dinner cooking for when the husband gets home later. No empty pizza boxes or Mc Crap wrappers in the trash.

Every Illegal trailer I deliver to, when you knock on the door and yell "UPS", they think you are INS and they either get real quiet or run like hell out the back door. There are usually 10 to 15 living in each trailer, so they only have to clean about 20 square ft each!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I bet you wouldn't be quite so generous if UPS decided your job could be performed much cheaper by an illegal. "If not for them Illegals, it sure would be expensive to ship a pkg UPS!
One of the often-overlooked benefits of a union job is that it all but eliminates illegal labor. Even if an illegal could do my job, and UPS wanted to hire him, they couldnt.
I understand the need for a secure border and respect for the law. I am merely pointing out that it is impossible from both a logistical AND humanitarian standpoint to round up and deport tens of millions of people. Those who advocate doing so obviously have no concept of what would happen to the vital agricultural sector of our economy, nor would they be willing to pay the increased cost of goods and services that would result.
I dont know what the answer is, but I do know that racism towards human beings who are here simply to work and survive isnt it.

H

hseofpayne

I would be willing to bet that most of those Mexicans are here to do the work that a lot of white people are too lazy to do.
I deliver to some low-income apartments and I have made an observation. The Hispanic homes I deliver to are clean and the men are never home during the day, probably becuse they are out busting their ass in a field somewhere. Its always the women who come to the door, and on COD's they have a money order ready to go.
When I deliver to a white home...half the time it is a guy who answers the door. He is still in his pajama pants at 1:00 in the afternoon. He frequently has a cigarette and a beer in his hand, and hasnt shaved for a couple days. House is a mess, kids are running around screaming, and wife/girlfriend is probably waiting tables while this loser is sitting around collecting an unemployment/comp/disability check. If I have a COD for a place like this, it is always 2 or 3 days before he manages to come up with the money to pay for it.
If this offends anybody, too bad. I call it like I see it. The hardest work I ever did in my life was not UPS, it was picking strawberries and cucumbers during the summer when I was a teenager. I was doing it for school clothes money, not to survive.
I am glad we have bilingual delivery notices. They help me do my job better.

Man, you outta set up a booth at the fair next year, you are good! You can wear a silk robe and a turbin and guess what people do for a living as well as any other forms of income they may have. Make sure you get the money up front from those shiftless white folk, they may not like what you guess about them!
By the way, that white guy at the door at 1PM probably just got up from a 4 hour nap after working 2 shifts trying to stay off welfare. Oh, and the Mexican dude is at home, he just thinks UPS sounds to much like INS, so he ain't coming to the door! But what would I know, I am not the all knowing, all seeing amazing soberups man!!!! Can I get a free readin', man?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Every Illegal trailer I deliver to, when you knock on the door and yell "UPS", they think you are INS and they either get real quiet or run like hell out the back door. There are usually 10 to 15 living in each trailer, so they only have to clean about 20 square ft each!
And with your all knowing, all seeing powers you know for a fact that the occupants of the trailer are illegal? Or are you assuming that they are simply because they are of Hispanic descent? I've got a news flash for you...not all people with brown skin are "illegals", despite what you might think.