You're not tougher than the snow bro.

Marne Vet

I was making a delivery, and started knocking on the door. Next to me was a guy knocking on the neighbors door. I could tell he was staring at me, so I turned to look at him, and sure enough he had his "tough guy" stare on. I said "What's up?". Nothing. He stared a second more, then turned back to the door. Yeah, you're cool dude. Keep acting like a tough guy. Anyway, his door opened first, so I could partially hear what he was saying. The gist of the conversation was that he needed "something", but didn't have any money. What he did have was a flat-screen TV, so the guy at the door told him to bring it around. Tough Guy says "I'll be back in about 5 minutes". Meanwhile I finally get my signature, and leave. I finish that street, roll around to the next, and knock that off. I circle back around to go to the next street and I see a guy laying on the ground covered in snow, with a big black rectangular thing laying on top of him, and some random person trying to help him up. As I get closer I notice that it's the Tough Guy. Must've slipped on ice or fell down the steps he was standing in front of. He's covered in snow, and the screen on the TV is busted, and also has snow on it. Bahahaha! I laughed so hard tears were coming out of my eyes. The snow kicked that "tough" guys ass. Not so thug anymore when your laying on your back with a now busted TV laying on top of you huh? Guess he never did trade that thing for whatever it was he was looking for. Totally made my day. Just another jerk-off succumbing to karma, not that I believe in that stuff.

Snow - 1
Tough Guy - ZERO

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The "tough guy" was staring at you hoping to get the response that he did when you returned his stare and chose to say something to him. Ignore the idiots and they go away.

Marne Vet

Why did you feel the need to engage the "tough guy" with your "what's up", which is 'hood for "you wanna go"?

Ah yes, I forgot that you're an expert in hood etiquette and rhetoric. Silly me for thinking that a polite "what's up?" was an invitation to fight. It wasn't an eyebrows down, deep voice phrase that you seem to be envisioning. It was a quick, upbeat version of how we say "hello" in this section of the country. If I wanted a fight I would've said "You got a friend'N problem?". That, with proper emphasis, would express my interest in a fight, but just saying "What's up?" to someone is simply like saying "hello" [here]. I must say "Hey, what's up", or "Yo, what's up?" 50x's a day. If you're looking at me I'll engage you in conversation. If you don't have a question, or don't want to reply back, then don't stare. Simple isn't it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Because it's funny and everyone else (maybe) enjoys his stories.
You could go eat some dried toast and listen to the crickets if you don't like them.
I look forward to his stories.
I like his stories but my god I'm too busy working to have time for half his stories.

some1else

Banned
When i first started delivering a "ghetto" are the bid driver told me not to ignore all the gang bangers. He said treat them just like you would anyone else, if you walk past them on the sidewalk and stare straight shead and say nothing they (really anyone) take it as an insult. I followed his advice and just say "hey guys" or something similar and keep rolling. No problems and the funny part is his route has less dfu and claims than much nicer areas and the way he treats the customers helps im sure

bumped

A driver a couple routes away from me on Friday seen a mid 60's woman collecting scrap pushing her grocery cart. A late teens male walked past her and punched her as hard as he could and took off. The driver went to help the woman who was bleeding, but there wasn't much he could do other than ask if she was alright. The teen didn't take anything from the woman, he just must have thought it would have been "fun".

Returntosender

A driver a couple routes away from me on Friday seen a mid 60's woman collecting scrap pushing her grocery cart. A late teens male walked past her and punched her as hard as he could and took off. The driver went to help the woman who was bleeding, but there wasn't much he could do other than ask if she was alright. The teen didn't take anything from the woman, he just must have thought it would have been "fun".
Guys like that are punks. Similar to this Bum hunter guy.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I would be in jail right now if I witnessed this....

Cementups

Box Monkey

It's a game called "knockout" that the kids were playing a while back. Punch an unsuspecting person and run like hell. I don't get it, but the kids think it's hilarious.