You've Got To Be Kidding Me!

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
My 3 yr oldson uses sticks, bananas, forks, spoons, shoes, grilled cheese sandwiches, tacos, and anything else he can think of for a toy gun. The strange thing is that he has never had a toy gun. I guess they wil have to ban 3 yr olds too.

Overpaid Union Thug

There you go, making stuff up again. Nowhere in that article does it say anything about a total ban on toy guns.

Umm...wanting to make it illegal to sell or give a toy gun to anyone the age of 18 IS a total ban on toy guns. I hope you aren't going to counter by saying that anyone over 18 can still own them. Now although that is true it would be a hillarious response. LOL. I guess adults have started playing with guns and I just didn't notice. LOL. And your ruse that I'm always making stuff up is getting old.

Last edited:

govols019

You smell that?
"A New Jersey senator wants to make it illegal to sell or give to anyone under age 18 toy guns that look so realistic they can be mistaken for a real firearm."

That's a long way from a total outright ban on toy guns. They can just make them all blaze orange. Problem solved.

And your ruse that I'm always making stuff up is getting old.

Then stop doing it.

Overpaid Union Thug

"A New Jersey senator wants to make it illegal to sell or give to anyone under age 18 toy guns that look so realistic they can be mistaken for a real firearm."

That's a long way from a total outright ban on toy guns. They can just make them all blaze orange. Problem solved.

Then stop doing it.

A ban on toy guns includes "blaze orange" guns. It doesn't matter what color they are. An orange toy gun is still a toy gun. Man you are way out there! I'm not making stuff up. You are just so out of touch with realitiy you can't believe reason. Liberalism at it's best.

For the sake of arguement let's say you are right. What's next? Real guns?

govols019

You smell that?
I'll quote it for you again since you can't seem to grasp it:
guns that look so realistic they can be mistaken for a real firearm.

Since when have real guns ever been painted blaze orange? I grew up around firearms and I've never seen one that color.

Trying to make the leap from toy guns to real firearms is just dumb. Real firearms are a Constitutional right while toy guns are not.

Bottom line, we have no say in how New Jersey wants to run their state just like they have no say in how we run ours. I don't care what they do. It has no bearing on me.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'll quote it for you again since you can't seem to grasp it:

Since when have real guns ever been painted blaze orange? I grew up around firearms and I've never seen one that color.

Trying to make the leap from toy guns to real firearms is just dumb. Real firearms are a Constitutional right while toy guns are not.

Bottom line, we have no say in how New Jersey wants to run their state just like they have no say in how we run ours. I don't care what they do. It has no bearing on me.

So you're saying that you agree that toys guns (without special colors), which little kids have been playing with for probably over 100 years, should be banned all of the sudden? As if it that will some how lower the crimes rates that involve guns! You wan't to solve gun crime? I'll say it again since you can't seem to grasp it...how about you Liberals, and anyone else that has started depending on the govt for everything, start taking personal responsibility for raising your kids and teach them that guns are for self defense only. Maybe that along with other morals that seem to be lacking among the youth of this day will help save this country.

wkmac

So you're saying that you agree that toys guns (without special colors), which little kids have been playing with for probably over 100 years,

Before I respond let me say that I see this whole effort as nothing more than grandstanding and an attempt to play to a specific voting block and nothing more. Also it amuses me that back in the day (1970's and even the 80's) that one of the hallmarks of being conservative was using and discussing issues using logic and leaving emotions out of it. So-called liberals of the day were considered the iirrational, emotional ones when it came to the discussion of issues. Now IMO we've seen a reversal in that so-called conservatives today seem to get trapped into these legislative schemes and tend to go off into tangents of emotional outbursts without really giving thought to the fact that the legislative idea is not only stupid but would likely be overturned in the courts under the violation of the commerce clause.

Now to the response to Big's comments above. I was a kid in the late 50's and into the 60's and I can flatly say that the only thing I even had remotely realistic to a firearm back in the day was a Daniel Boone flintlock type gun made almost completely of wood and no plastic. Yeah I had the coon skin cap too and thought I was cool!
:wink:

Plastic wasn't around 100 years ago and not much around back in the day. Now in case you want to make me anti gun Big, not only did I have my own firearm at 10 years old (a Glenfield 22. cal) but at 12 I had a 20 gauge shotgun, at 17 a Remington 742 30-06 and I use to do lots of hunting in the rural area that I grew up in. I'll just leave it at that. BTW: on Friday before opening day of deer season, at High School we'd be out in the parking lot with teachers also who are all loaded up to leave afterschool to go hunting and yep we had our deer rifles with us and it wasn't uncommon for us to pull them out and show them off to one another, especially if you had a new gun or scope. At no time was anyone shot, threatened or even felt threatended and I don't even remember anyone doing anything stupid causing a teacher to have to call them out. My how times have changed!

I just think you are getting emotionally worked up over a lot of nothing at the end of the day. Don't get caught up in these schemes as they really are meaningless at the end of the day.

JMO.

And also BTW: I don't let my son have some of these realistic looking guns because as a responsible gun owner, the last thing I want is for him to be confused by what he is handling. I have specific rules with guns and I don't want any mixed signals that might cause him to deviate from those rules.

Overpaid Union Thug

Before I respond let me say that I see this whole effort as nothing more than grandstanding and an attempt to play to a specific voting block and nothing more. Also it amuses me that back in the day (1970's and even the 80's) that one of the hallmarks of being conservative was using and discussing issues using logic and leaving emotions out of it. So-called liberals of the day were considered the iirrational, emotional ones when it came to the discussion of issues. Now IMO we've seen a reversal in that so-called conservatives today seem to get trapped into these legislative schemes and tend to go off into tangents of emotional outbursts without really giving thought to the fact that the legislative idea is not only stupid but would likely be overturned in the courts under the violation of the commerce clause.

Now to the response to Big's comments above. I was a kid in the late 50's and into the 60's and I can flatly say that the only thing I even had remotely realistic to a firearm back in the day was a Daniel Boone flintlock type gun made almost completely of wood and no plastic. Yeah I had the coon skin cap too and thought I was cool!
:wink:

Plastic wasn't around 100 years ago and not much around back in the day. Now in case you want to make me anti gun Big, not only did I have my own firearm at 10 years old (a Glenfield 22. cal) but at 12 I had a 20 gauge shotgun, at 17 a Remington 742 30-06 and I use to do lots of hunting in the rural area that I grew up in. I'll just leave it at that. BTW: on Friday before opening day of deer season, at High School we'd be out in the parking lot with teachers also who are all loaded up to leave afterschool to go hunting and yep we had our deer rifles with us and it wasn't uncommon for us to pull them out and show them off to one another, especially if you had a new gun or scope. At no time was anyone shot, threatened or even felt threatended and I don't even remember anyone doing anything stupid causing a teacher to have to call them out. My how times have changed!

I just think you are getting emotionally worked up over a lot of nothing at the end of the day. Don't get caught up in these schemes as they really are meaningless at the end of the day.

JMO.

And also BTW: I don't let my son have some of these realistic looking guns because as a responsible gun owner, the last thing I want is for him to be confused by what he is handling. I have specific rules with guns and I don't want any mixed signals that might cause him to deviate from those rules.

This issue remains the same...banning guns is a no no so some people try and do the next best thing. Maybe banning toy guns, as if that will keep children from seeing guns, must be one of those next best things.

double R

Sammie

A senator from NJ has lost his mind. A ban on toy guns? LOL. What do little kids usually do if a toy gun isn' available to them? They use their fingers. So, I guess the next thing this guy will want to ban is the extension of the index finger with the purpose of mimicking a firearm?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5472003

Maybe legislation is over reacting, maybe not. The Bureau of Justice Statistics states that even back in 1990, police departments nationwide reported 31,650 imitation guns seized between January 1985 and September 1989 during crime related incidents. In New York City alone, more than 1,400 toy guns were used in crimes in 1987, 80 percent more than four years earlier.

I think we've all read from time to time about "fatal misunderstandings" involving crimes in our areas that have been committed with misleading looking guns. So I'm thinking this may not be so much about small children as it is about keeping fake firearms out of the wrong hands.

Overpaid Union Thug

Maybe legislation is over reacting, maybe not. The Bureau of Justice Statistics states that even back in 1990, police departments nationwide reported 31,650 imitation guns seized between January 1985 and September 1989 during crime related incidents. In New York City alone, more than 1,400 toy guns were used in crimes in 1987, 80 percent more than four years earlier.

I think we've all read from time to time about "fatal misunderstandings" involving crimes in our areas that have been committed with misleading looking guns. So I'm thinking this may not be so much about small children as it is about keeping fake firearms out of the wrong hands.

From time to time isn't enough to warrant banning toy guns. Now if toy guns were being used to rob banks, or for to aid in other crimes, on a grand scale then I could MAYBE see an issue but that's not happening. If someone is mistakingly injured or killed by law inforcement because they thought their toy gun was real then that is their fualt. The victom should have known better than to be using it for whatever purpose they had it for.

govols019

You smell that?
So you're saying that you agree that toys guns (without special colors), which little kids have been playing with for probably over 100 years, should be banned all of the sudden?

Nope, never said that. My problem is with your blatantly false comments regarding the article.

As if it that will some how lower the crimes rates that involve guns! You wan't to solve gun crime?
The article you posted never said anything about reducing gun crime. It was to help police and school officials figure out whether a firearm is either fake or real. Odd that you are OK with American citizen's rights being trampled on for "security" during the War On Terror but yet you're up in arms over a bill whose stated purpose is to help the police.

You solve gun crimes by actually enforcing the laws we have on the books. That's my stand as a card carrying lifetime member of the NRA.

how about you Liberals, and anyone else that has started depending on the govt for everything,
My, what a broad brush you paint people with. Do you really believe half the stuff you write?

guns are for self defense only.
You mean I can't use them for hunting, target shooting, or shooting the occasional stray cat?

Overpaid Union Thug

Nope, never said that. My problem is with your blatantly false comments regarding the article.

The article you posted never said anything about reducing gun crime. It was to help police and school officials figure out whether a firearm is either fake or real. Odd that you are OK with American citizen's rights being trampled on for "security" during the War On Terror but yet you're up in arms over a bill whose stated purpose is to help the police.

You solve gun crimes by actually enforcing the laws we have on the books. That's my stand as a card carrying lifetime member of the NRA.

My, what a broad brush you paint people with. Do you really believe half the stuff you write?

You mean I can't use them for hunting, target shooting, or shooting the occasional stray cat?

Blatantly false comments? Still going with the whole "you are lying" game huh? And now you are trying to say that I'm "up in arms" against something that is harmfull to the police? LOL! Nice try with the whole "turn it all around on me" thing but I'm on to your ruse. Comparing my dissapproval of a bill banning toy guns from children to approving of wire tapping is a feeble attempt at best. The things the government are doing (wire tapping, airport screening, etc.) are helping foil plots that are slightly more threatening to national security than letting kids play with toy guns. Scutari (the Dem Senator) stated the real solution to the problem in the very same statement in which he said that they should limit access to the toys. PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY! And here is another example of the Liberal mind being warped....the guy apparently believes that it's ok for adults to own guns, otherwise he'd be trying to attack that right, yet, is trying to ban toy guns from children. Now that is funny.

diesel96

And here is another example of the Liberal mind being warped...

big arrow said:
I'll say it again since you can't seem to grasp it...how about you Liberals, and anyone else that has started depending on the govt for everything, start taking personal responsibility for raising your kids and teach them that guns are for self defense only. Maybe that along with other morals that seem to be lacking among the youth of this day will help save this country.

big arrow}A ban on toy guns includes "blaze orange" guns. It doesn't matter what color they are. An orange toy gun is still a toy gun. Man you are way out there! I'm not making stuff up. You are just so out of touch with realitiy you can't believe reason. Liberalism at it's best. [I said:
Seems like somebody has an obsession or a disease when one disagrees with him is associated as a liberal.Last time I checked,liberals don't approve or believe in "the right to bear arms".However the ones your attacking as "liberals" are gun owners who believe in the right to bear arms including myself(how ironic).Their decsion as parents to purchase and expose their children to real or toy guns is a personal choice.[/I]
Having said that:

big_arrow_upA senator from NJ has lost his mind. A ban on toy guns? LOL. What do little kids usually do if a toy gun isn' available to them? They use their fingers. So, I guess the next thing this guy will want to ban is the extension of the index finger with the purpose of mimicking a firearm?

(New Jersey- WABC, July 11, 2007) - A New Jersey senator wants to make it illegal to sell or give to anyone under age 18 toy guns that look so realistic they can be mistaken for a real firearm.

Now,where does it say the Senator wants to ban(all) toy guns?
Senator said "toy guns that look realistic they can be mistaken for a real firearm"...Buy you leaving out" toy guns that look realistic" changes the whole context of this article and your beef with the Senator from NJ.

Overpaid Union Thug

And here is another example of the Liberal mind being warped...

big arrow said:
I'll say it again since you can't seem to grasp it...how about you Liberals, and anyone else that has started depending on the govt for everything, start taking personal responsibility for raising your kids and teach them that guns are for self defense only. Maybe that along with other morals that seem to be lacking among the youth of this day will help save this country.

big arrow}A ban on toy guns includes "blaze orange" guns. It doesn't matter what color they are. An orange toy gun is still a toy gun. Man you are way out there! I'm not making stuff up. You are just so out of touch with realitiy you can't believe reason. Liberalism at it's best. [I said:
Seems like somebody has an obsession or a disease when one disagrees with him is associated as a liberal.Last time I checked,liberals don't approve or believe in "the right to bear arms".However the ones your attacking as "liberals" are gun owners who believe in the right to bear arms including myself(how ironic).Their decsion as parents to purchase and expose their children to real or toy guns is a personal choice.[/I]
Having said that:

big_arrow_upA senator from NJ has lost his mind. A ban on toy guns? LOL. What do little kids usually do if a toy gun isn' available to them? They use their fingers. So, I guess the next thing this guy will want to ban is the extension of the index finger with the purpose of mimicking a firearm?

(New Jersey- WABC, July 11, 2007) - A New Jersey senator wants to make it illegal to sell or give to anyone under age 18 toy guns that look so realistic they can be mistaken for a real firearm.

Now,where does it say the Senator wants to ban(all) toy guns?
Senator said "toy guns that look realistic they can be mistaken for a real firearm"...Buy you leaving out" toy guns that look realistic" changes the whole context of this article and your beef with the Senator from NJ.

You are missing the point. I purposely left it out because the idea of banning ANY toy guns (ANY meaning of any shape, or size, or realistic appearance) is just plain rediculous. Man, Liberals sure know how to stir a perfectly good pot of stew into a bowl of crap. Hey I have an idea....Let's ban realistic looking sex dolls so the police don't have to deal with the confusion of trying to figure out if a rape victim is a doll or a real person. LOL! But hey! No worries because I'm sure the ACLU would step in if the police tried to step in and seperate a pervert from his doll.

Let's worry about keeping guns away from criminals. Not keeping toy guns away from children. It is rediculous.

Overpaid Union Thug

You finally admit you are dishonest.

Nice response. Couldn't keep up could you? Typical Liberal. Can't hold your own and when your arguement blows up in your face you drop the "Liberal Bomb." to draw attention away from the facts. Let's keep this simple so you can keep up. Not allowing children to play with toy guns (and that includes ANY such as realistic looking toys guns or toy guns that are obviously fake) is a farse. Just because you were unable to comprehend my position doesn't mean I "made it up." LOL!